watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

sorry to say

Started by alfie, March 19, 2010, 06:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

i was annoyed once again with some of our players walking off without really acknowledging the support, BZ was going off and suddenly realised and put his hand up with a bit of a wave, but of course it was left to Hangerland, Hughes, Schwartzer they really showed their appreciation Duff and Davies were around as well, Clint was giving an interview over at the Riverside and he was the one we really wanted to cheer.

Still never mind, hopefully one day Roy will push them all back on to the pitch to say  thanks for such great support
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Tom

Enjoy a great victory my friend! Life is to short not too. I am still on cloud 9 with the win and moving into the final 8.
Fulham for life!

alfie

Tom, don't misunderstand me, i am so enjoying it, but it just annoyed me a bit thats all.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Tom

Quote from: alfie on March 19, 2010, 06:56:01 AM
Tom, don't misunderstand me, i am so enjoying it, but it just annoyed me a bit thats all.
Ok I understand. Here we come final 8!
Fulham for life!

HammyH3

Quote from: alfie on March 19, 2010, 06:56:01 AM

You are sorry to say it, I'm more sorry to read about it.
You must be easily annoyed. I and those around me were too busily celebrating to concern ourselves about only getting a wave from Bobby.
The team had given their all in 93 minutes of fantastic football, that's more than enough for me.

Rupert

Gents,
may I suggest that today is a day to fully respect everyone's opinion, whether they are full of glee or full of woe? Sod it, we just annihilated Juventus, the press is finally recognising how special this competition is turning out to be for us, I am going to have a stupid grin plastered across my face all day, if anyone really wants to moan about anything after that then I can only take my hat off to them.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

finnster01

This is why I have a very weak spot for Hangeland and I am not surprised he was giving a good clap to the fans.

Look at his joy after the final whistle blows. Check the smile on his face. That is Fulham all the way. I doubt this man will go anywhere anytime soon.

Outstanding stuff from the big man.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

VicHalomsLovechild

To be fair to them I think they were all shagged. The Club need to get JP out to do a lap at the end of the game I'd be happy with that.

SHADY1

Never mind Hangerlands face look at the Juve players ....   battered, shamed ...humiliated ..... love it...
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

Jimpav

Quote from: SHADY1 on March 19, 2010, 11:07:34 PM
Never mind Hangerlands face look at the Juve players ....   battered, shamed ...humiliated ..... love it...

The second Juve player to get sent off gave his own fans the middle finger!

Lighthouse

Great night that will never be forgotten. But without the fans the players would not be millionaires and nobody would care what they did. So the players must all learn that a simple wave and acknowledgement of the fans means a lot. Pantsil would not be such a favorite without his lap of honour.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Chopper

I think some of them are waiting for the day they can bring a bit of silverware to show us - make the trip worthwhile!  :027:
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

epsomraver

Quite right LH it takes little effort just to wave or just give the fans some acknowledgement, BZ did at least give a wave and clap , a lot better than the usual head down and off, we are the 12th  man and they say they need us so it does not hurt for them to reward our effort after all we reward theirs

RidgeRider

I think alfie's point is fair, but I do think the accomplishment and effort by the players, and their own distraction with their individual celebrations of a momentous victory, probably enabled some of them to forget the amazing display by the supporters that night.

NorfolkJim

They're all different like anyone else. Some love the crowd, like Pantsil, others just want to get in the bath asap. It would be good if they all came over but I've learned that each is an individual and has their own way.

Peabody

Alfie, I dont know if you stayed after the final whistle but the team did come out again to acknowledge the fans, that was when the Juve fans applauded them. Cant say whether Bobby was with them or not but I really dont care, they are all heroes.

alfie

As i started this thread maybe i should end it by saying that the players performance on the pitch was outstanding, every man gave their all, i was as estatic as everyone else but when i just stopped for a moment i just felt a little annoyed that it was the same players wandering off and as far as i can see a few of them did not even bother to acknowledge the crowd, we were absolutely awsome i have never been involved in an atmosphere like that at the Cottage, thanks to thanks to Hangers, Hughes and Schwartz as usual.

Roll on Wolfsburg, no fear now
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

blingo

sorry to say ......but i find this post absolutely bloody ridiculous. The best performance EVER by the team and you are slightly annoyed cos some of them didnt wave at you??? GROW UP

Jimpav

Alfie, the back 5 always make more effort because they are normally based at the away end in the second half. Therefore they have to come back to the Hammy end to say thanks. BZ was very responsive before kick off and Duff, Davies and Dempsey all made an effort if it's any consolation.

AlFayedsChequebook

I am Sorry to say Alfie, that you are a fool. Zamora gave some generous applause at the start of the match as the teams lined up to shale hands. I find it UNBELIEVABLE that you come on here  criticise not only one of the players who helped beat Juventus, but one who scored and set up crucial goals.

Zamora has ALWAYS put a shift in when in a Fulham shirt, and I am sick to death of 'fans' complaining about his 'lack of respect'.

Rant over.