more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

sorry to say

Started by alfie, March 19, 2010, 06:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

A bit harsh there Mr AlFayed.

Alfie is entitled to his opinions, just like me and you, but I do not think he deserves being called a fool because he isn't.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Scrumpy

I remember getting fed up with Ian Pearce always trotting straight off after a game. Only later, when I spoke to someone in the know, did I find out that he had to have immediate treatment on his back if he was going to manage to walk the next morning!

As Norfolk Jim says, each to their own. :dft003:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Lighthouse

I remember Andy Melville never clapping the crowd until he was made Captain and then it was fine.

But I despair at fellow fans insulting other fans for their opinion. I agree rarely with my mate blingo but he has every right to be wrong in nearly  every opinion he posts. So disagree with people but listen to them. You will learn something. Except my mate blingo obviosley.

Millionaires must all learn that PR is part of their job.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

alfie

Quote from: blingo on March 20, 2010, 06:07:56 PM
sorry to say ......but i find this post absolutely bloody ridiculous. The best performance EVER by the team and you are slightly annoyed cos some of them didnt wave at you??? GROW UP

I have now been called a fool and told to grow up , well then i came to this board to get away from the insults thrown around on the offal, but now it's started here don't think i will bother posting anymore, it was just an observation just for the players to give a bit of credit to the support.

goodbye
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

finnster01

Mr Alfie,

Don't let a select few stop you from posting. You know most posters on here do not drop to the personal level. I have been called a few things too, but that will not stop me.

This is still by far the best Fulham website in the world, and you should be part of it, just like the rest of us.

I have always found your posts well thought out and good reads, and although we have not always agreed on everything Mr Alfie, I respect you and think you bring a lot to this board and would hate to see you go. Stay on mate, and COYW!!!!!  :54: :54:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Fernhurst

Yeah Alfie ....stay on ----- storm in a egg cup mate.  :54:

AlFayedsChequebook

Perhaps I shouldn't have called alfie a fool, but my point still remains I think it is pretty ridiculous to criticise the team after the victory against Juve.

I don't have a problem with people who's veiws differ from my own, I just dont see the point in respecting peoples opinions that are not constructive in any way.

blingo

I agree with your comment mr afc. You only have to look to see that my m8 light head is always wrong but i suppose that we just have to put up with him. RH is still the best manager in the history of FFC but light head still disagrees.

epsomraver

Cheque book you want to be taken seriously and have the right to call alfie a fool and then post this Zamora has ALWAYS put a shift in when in a Fulham shirt, how many games have you  seen mate because any body will tell you that Zamora has NOT always put in a shift in a Fulham shirt, especially last season  and that is a fact and why a lot of fans gave him stick , as i have already posted we cheer them and show our appreciation and it takes so little effort for the players to reciprocate

AlFayedsChequebook

I am sorry epsomraver, but I disagree. Last season I was a fan of Zamora, even when he was missing sitters. It is a fact that Fulham played better when he was in the team and was integral to helping Fulham achieve a best ever league position. This season he has regained his confidence and is banging in the goals alongside all of his previous good work. He did not give up, despite 'fans' such as yourself giving him stick, most of the time in quite personal terms. At no point did Zamora give up on the team, much like he much maligned chris baird. If you want to criticise a player for not trying, how about one Jimmy Bullard? He went on strike because he was only recieving £20,000 after a serious knee op.

As I posted earlier, Zamora did show his apprecation to the fans at the beginning of the match when he applauded the crows as the teams lined up to shake hands.

I personally believe anyone who boo's their own team or player is pretty foolhardy since it only damages the very team everyone is there to support.

Logicalman

Interesting turn in the debate.

Whilst I totally disagree with Alfie's sentiments, and believe he is out kilt in his comments which are directed solely at Bobby (even though Roy didn't clap the crowd at the end either - hmm), as not all the players appear to clap the crowd at times, he has, should have, and always will have, a perfect right to express his views on this MB without the fear of being abused.

THAT is what sets this MB apart from the offal, and some others, and we all need to remember that. Insults are always just below the surface, but lets find other ways to express our disagreements, eh?

Lighthouse

This is a no win moan isn't it. If a player does well one week and people praise him and then misses a sitter ANOTHER  are all those people wrong to have praised him. No and the opposite is true. But it doesn't change the fact that players should applaud the crowd whatever the result because that is partly their job.

Oh and blingo, you only come on here to say how right you were after a good result. You were no where to be seen after the 3-0 United defeat. Opinions are the life blood to the body football. Have a go and make a point by all means  but putting people off by insulting them is counter productive. That is the only argument here.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Steve_orino

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa...this isn't the FOF I've come to know and love.

We just beat the Old Lady, let's enjoy this!  We've got a big game on Wednesday too, in case we haven't noticed.

Shake hands  :047: and let's get on with squeezing the Spurts!
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

The_Great_Escape_2008

Bobby Zamora has always been like that, he looked ecstatic at the end and gave a clap to the JH stand which he normally never does. As long as he does the work on the pitch, I am man enough not to get upset over whether he waved to me or not.