watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Awful - the morning after...

Started by LBNo11, January 26, 2010, 09:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...we don't shoot, our passing is dreadful and we cannot defend against deadball situations.

I love Black Mark to death (not that way, but you know what I mean) and still think he is the best goalkeeper I have ever seen at Fulham, but that positioning for the wall for the second goal was pathetic, You could see where any decent taker of free kicks would put it - they did and BM just stood still as it curved in the goal where there was a ruddy great G A P!!!

I know Mr Fayed is prudent with the money and helping us to be self sufficient, but we need someone who can manufacture goals or we will be struggling come the end of the season (and AJ is not that player).

Yes, a knee jerk post that I should not post until I am calmed down a bit - but at the moment I don't care, we need a striker to compliment BZ and a play maker who can do what Papa used to be able to do... :-[ :(
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

we need a striker that can score thats for sure,to many people in the treatment room and not enough quality cover-think we can forget the Europa league now-sorry to bring everyone down but a can't see us get any points this weekend

Lighthouse

Away from Home we don't put pressure on the ball or the opponents defence. We simply are very dull to watch away from home. Directly we played two up front we looked a better balanced side. I would prefer to be beaten with more than the odd shot taken.

Leaking goals and not putting pressure on the team we are playing. Dull but now expected.
Still Kamara is back.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

vagrant

We look so so pretty, but totally devoid of any ideas.

EdenRob

It's obvious now why Riise doesn't start ain't it. Slow to the ball, expects too much time on it etc.

Hazey

Agree that our passing has been terrible lately...pretty much everyone in the team.

Murph seems to have lost a little shine and speed in his passing since coming back from injury, would this be a fair comment?
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

leonffc

Its not knee jerk LB. I dont know what frustrated me more, Murph's sloppy passing or BZ's inability to lead the line with out the flag going up (although he has been out for a couple of weeks. Dikathingy showed some signs but then went a bit erratic at times but on the whole he was a positve.
As you say, our set peices are shocking and our throw ins are worse. We look static, almost Sunday league with our lack of movement.

Biggest positive - Baird is a better left back than a right back!! He done OK I thought

Biggest negative - getting Elms name wrong. I think it should be Oak!!!!

clintclintdeuce

I dont know. This was horrible. 2 flukey goals, no ideas going forward, and the worst passing ive ever seen added up to this though.

The thing is we are missing Konch and Pantsils support of the attack. Baird and Hughes up the flanks is not going to cut it whatsoever.

I was impressed with KD though, i think hes got tremendous pace and a knack for getting stuck in. I like him alot... just to partner him with someone like Tuncay....

Murphy needs to get his head on, his play over the last 2 months has been unacceptable.

We do not look like the team who went away and beat Basle nor the team that beat united. Hopefully we will be able to get back onto tune this saturday.

The Dude abides.

bazzamcb

livid at that performance i don't understand why we can't play well away!! hopefully some good news will come through before the villa game.

mccscratch

I truly think Greening should have been given a shout... I think Riise deserved a look after some good performances but the real issue right now is missing our outside backs who know how to put pressure on the opponent down the flank and at the very least give support to our wide players... Baird had no clue how to link up with Duffers...

Bobby maybe was rushed back so he could play at WHL... Obviously Clint being out is massive as he is one of the few players that can creat out of very little and always seems to put himself in good positions... Gera was rater invisable today as well... I thought Spurs would carve us up anyhow... I think February will be better as we play teams with far less quality...

Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

ron

The Fox commentary just described it as a routine Tottenham win. They were never hurried from the opening whistle.

It's surely a case of not knowing what you've got 'til it's gone. Pants, Konch at the back (though they get stick when they play)...... Demps up front having potshots at least mixes it up a bit............Today Zamora laying the ball away from the goal made the forward play ponderous and predictable and Elm didn't have enough time to impress. Riise....well, .......

The New Dawn of excellence is on hold again.

timmyg

And we just strikeout. 0-3 on the road against teams that haven't been playing well.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

Lighthouse

Well Roy isn't too worried and United came in for Smalling some time ago despite Roy telling us no interest from anybody a few days ago. You just cannot trust nobody nowhere no time no more.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

os5889

Do Mr Hodgson and the yes men realise that goal difference and a fair play award will not win games?

Oakeshott

I must say I am surprised at the negativity in the reaction to tonight's performance.

The goals were unlucky. For the first, Mark made a rare error, which was then compounded by Riise trying to be too clever. Personally I regard the latter as the more culpable. The second was a huge deflection, again but not really culpably, by the hapless Riise, who had a mare of a game with extremely poor crosses.

Apart from the one double error and the bad luck of the deflected goal, Spurs rarely threatened and I thought our make-shift defence and midfield held up well. In turn we rarely threatened them, but Bobby might easily have scored an early goal and Simon Davies a late one.

When one considers that we had stand in full backs, a frontman back from three weeks off, and were without two other first choicers in Clint and AJ, I thought we did ok. Dik looked decent, the make-shift full backs looked good (Baird much better in the full back role than under LS), and Brede looked more like his old self than the slightly uncertain figure he has cut of late. And it was good to see Jo Kamara and Simon back on the pitch.

LRCN

Quote from: Oakeshott on January 26, 2010, 11:34:44 PM
I must say I am surprised at the negativity in the reaction to tonight's performance.

The goals were unlucky. For the first, Mark made a rare error, which was then compounded by Riise trying to be too clever. Personally I regard the latter as the more culpable. The second was a huge deflection, again but not really culpably, by the hapless Riise, who had a mare of a game with extremely poor crosses.

Apart from the one double error and the bad luck of the deflected goal, Spurs rarely threatened and I thought our make-shift defence and midfield held up well. In turn we rarely threatened them, but Bobby might easily have scored an early goal and Simon Davies a late one.

When one considers that we had stand in full backs, a frontman back from three weeks off, and were without two other first choicers in Clint and AJ, I thought we did ok. Dik looked decent, the make-shift full backs looked good (Baird much better in the full back role than under LS), and Brede looked more like his old self than the slightly uncertain figure he has cut of late. And it was good to see Jo Kamara and Simon back on the pitch.

yeah that would  be a fair post if it finished 0-0, spuds had 1 good chance all night. but when you go to places looking for draws you have to defend well and when you get the ball you have to use it well. on the whole we defended well apart from 2 comical pieces of defending which would make any footbnall fan cringe and when we had the ball in their half we did f all with it. it was an uninspiring display, to say the least.

mattiesafer

Quote from: Oakeshott on January 26, 2010, 11:34:44 PM

I felt much the same way.  We didn't look like much going forward, but this was a much better looking team than we have the last few weeks.  Disappointed in how Murphy has looked this year, true.  Wish we had better options at the fullback positions.  But I thought KD looked like he might be the best DM we have had for a couple years, because he actually he seems to have some capabilities going forward.  Riise will learn a lot from this I believe.  The problem with playing Riise though is that, IMO, I think Duff looks better for us when he plays on the right (even though he is a LM.  It's just our system).  But Davies is back now, and perhaps that will work out.  I didn't think Gera looked bad today.  But I missed a lot of the 2nd half.  I'm glad that Zamora and Kamara and Davies are all getting back now.  I think we will be fine.

fulhamguy

Dikathingy looked promising. On the one hand he had some poor passing and touches but he looked comfortable on the ball and had some decent challenges in the middle of midfield against possibly the best defensive midfielder in the league in Palacios.

I think our problem when playing away is our complete and utter lack of width. We know Roy loves a narrow game which is why is plays Duff and Demps on opposite sides, we know they are going to cut into the middle and with bigger pitches away from home we struggle.

COYW!

LBNo11

...having slept on it, and given time to reflect on the game, I have to say that as a fixture it was one I (sadly) would expect us to lose anyway, given the enormous difference in quality of players and our injuries.

What rankles is that as has been mentioned, it was a "routine win" for spurs, no real effort of thought or skill was needed to 'neutralise' us as though we were a bad odour.

For all that our team has achieved under Mr Hodgson it seems that collectively the squad have given us the best that they can offer; there are some skillful players in our squad, I am not disputing that, but we do have a few late 20's early 30's players that will need replacing soon - they will obviously not come from the youth/reserves, as if they are any good they will be sold off to the bigger teams.

Mr Hodgson has worked miracles at Fulham and has got players surpassing their skill levels, but injuries to three or four key players, coupled with the loss of form of one or two shows just how limited we are for resources in back up players. I hope we get at least 3 loan signings to help us whilst key players are affected, but I hope that Mr Fayed allows Mr Hodgson to sign some young quality players before next season as this squad is not going to last without significant investment - with or without a European campaign...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Old_Bugger

I do think we have reached the limit of the current squad and to move forward is going to cost A LOT of money.At the moment we have to spend money to stand still,that is the nature of the game,I don't think we have the fan base to provide the money to pay the bigger wages to get the top players to move us into the top 6 on a regular basis.A 26500 seat stadium is just not big enough,you need 40,000 minimum and that's just not going to happen for us.So the question is what happens next?