watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nine man Juventus rant

Started by Jimpav, March 19, 2010, 01:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

Am I being a bit sensitive but why does every opening paragraph written abiut us have to start with:

"Fulham beat a nine man Juventus...".

They had nine men for about five minutes and deservedly so.

How about starting with "3 goals down Fulham beat a Juventus side featuring 3 world cup winners" or "A second string Fulham beat the bookies favorites".

The media coverage has been complimentary but come on editors, stop always looking for an excuse as to why we beat a decent team. I don't care if Juve got beat by Siena, we worked our balls off for that result and fully deserved it.

Rant over.

leonffc

To be fair, when we got done by Roma all the papers were saying we did well with only 9 men and Konch was sent off in injury time.

I see your point though. Never the credit deserved

Jimpav

I suppose a lot of it is about getting us much detail into the opening sentence in order to keep people reading.

I have developed a pet hate for the Metro though. Such an awful paper and the amount of coverage give to Fulham is shocking.

Liverpool stole the back page this morning - because they had such an exciting game. Woo!

Tktd

I think that you're being a bit over-sensitive... admittedly there are a few who are determined not to give us any credit and say we beat 9 man Juve but for me it'll just make our next game that much sweeter!

Also I care more about the opinion of other teams fans then I do the press - it's just part and parcel of being a Fulham fan... our team is the one in two quarter finals!

epsomraver

The BBC had this as an example,
Fulham and Liverpool are the English representatives in the Europa League draw at 1200 GMT after pulling off spectacular comebacks last night.
how was Liverpool's a comeback of any description! ?

LRCN

I don't like how we're treated in the media but you're being a bit precious here mate, every report I've read is full of complete praise for our side. the 9-man thing is just mentioned because it sounds good.