watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Re: NFR - The Great BBQ Debate

Started by McBridefan1, June 21, 2012, 11:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McBridefan1

Really? No one even mentions the McRib?...lol. These are the kind of finny musings I will miss.

AmericanJames

Quote from: McBridefan1 on June 21, 2012, 11:38:35 AM
Really? No one even mentions the McRib?...lol. These are the kind of finny musings I will miss.

Felt weird even opening this thread

Some people are literally too stupid to insult

AmericanJames

Yet while we are on the topic, Arby Q>McRib
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

dweiss

I like burgers and that is probably the most common bbq recipe that I can do.

Personally though, I don't like those which are well done as I think that it takes away quite a hefty sum of what is being packed in the flavor.

And when that happens, there will be more to what you are going to eat than the charred flavor you get from cooking it in the griller.

TheDaddy

Took the misses out Thursday and had a wonderful t-bone, pork ribs just melted in the mouth.Not a great menu but i enjoyed it.

The place is in Battersea called the Margarita loco dare i say this Mexican/Cuban 

So there you go finally found somewhere that tasted good.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

SoCalJoe

Can't let this thread go to page 2  9739.gif

It's been stupid hot out here on the left coast for weeks (over 100F almost everyday), so cooking on the grill has been a must. The other day the local market had a great special on baby back ribs. Found a great recipe for a Memphis-style dry rub.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/dave-lieberman/dry-rub-ribs-memphis-daves-dinners-recipe/index.html

Tweaked it by adding a teaspoon of dry mustard, eliminated the oregano, and tripled the cayenne. Results were very good, of course the Mirror Ponds (by Deschutes Brewery) might of influenced the results.  :022:
You can observe a lot by just watching.

YankeeJim

Joe, where you been hiding? The rub sounds like one I'm going to try. It should work for about any grill meat I'd think.
I'll report back.
BTW, any get togethers for the Whites planned ?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

SoCalJoe

Quote from: YankeeJim on September 11, 2012, 06:35:45 PM
Joe, where you been hiding? The rub sounds like one I'm going to try. It should work for about any grill meat I'd think.
I'll report back.

Let me know how the dry rub works out Jim, I was never a believer until the last year or two. As for a get together, nothing set as far as date, other than 'let's watch a match or two this season'. I will let you know for sure. Didn't you move from the coast? Which leads me to what is a better drive for you? Studio City or Santa Monica?
You can observe a lot by just watching.

YankeeJim

Quote from: SoCalJoe on September 13, 2012, 04:33:19 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on September 11, 2012, 06:35:45 PM
I'll report back.

Let me know how the dry rub works out Jim, I was never a believer until the last year or two. As for a get together, nothing set as far as date, other than 'let's watch a match or two this season'. I will let you know for sure. Didn't you move from the coast? Which leads me to what is a better drive for you? Studio City or Santa Monica?

Studio City. I retired on August 1 so time is a bit more mine now. As long as the misses doesn't have a chore for me. LOL
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.