watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Poor atmosphere today

Started by Jimpav, March 21, 2010, 09:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

Flat as a pancake until Murphy converted the penalty. Thought the boys deserved better after Thursday.

I'm a bit sick of tourists coming along and making no effort. Don't turn round and stare when people start singing-join in. It's fun and the players appreciate it.

JBH

I think the fans felt the same emotions as the players at the start of the match, like them everyone that attended the Juve match gave their all and yesterday felt it difficult at first to get up for the  game against Man City.

Not a good excuse but fact Im afraid, I was mentally exhausted after Thursday's rollercoaster ride and I expect that the players were both Physically and Mentally knackered.

But if losing yesterday was as a result of the exercions against Juventus then I will take the same all the way to the Final.

Also it means City are now in a position to take 4th place of the Scanky Yids which is a bonus.

:011:

Serotonin

Quote from: JBH on March 22, 2010, 03:02:40 PM
I think the fans felt the same emotions as the players at the start of the match, like them everyone that attended the Juve match gave their all and yesterday felt it difficult at first to get up for the  game against Man City.

Not a good excuse but fact Im afraid, I was mentally exhausted after Thursday's rollercoaster ride and I expect that the players were both Physically and Mentally knackered.

But if losing yesterday was as a result of the exercions against Juventus then I will take the same all the way to the Final.

Also it means City are now in a position to take 4th place of the Scanky Yids which is a bonus.

:011:

Well said

LBNo11

...and it could be something to do with the 'in your face' stewarding in the earlier thread.

Fulham FC want you to make a noise and create an atmosphere, as long as you do it quietly...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

leonffc

I too think Thursday had a lot to do with it. Also, I think a lot of people were still on a high from the Juve game and more worried about Wednesday. 'Not bothered' isn't the right term but maybe the league has taken a back seat and everyone was chilled out yesterday.
Dont get me wrong, an atmosphere carried on from Thursday would have been quality but the singing never really got going and fizzled out quickly. Maybe its down to tourists, maybe not but season ticket holders still had their seats and members had the opportunity to get tickets before / at the same time as the 'tourists'.