watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My thoughts on Etuhu

Started by bobby01, March 22, 2010, 02:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

I can see his abilities in the position he plays, but the one major failing i see in him and it was very apparent yesterday, is that when he wins the ball or intercepts he always seems to flick the ball through the air, albeit at around knee height to a teammate. This immediately puts them under pressure as they have to control whilst fending off a challenge. Does anyone else notice this as i do not think i am imagining it.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

AlFayedsChequebook

Funnily enough he did this to Clint against Juventus. And we all know what happened next!

TonyGilroy

His job is to block the centre and get the ball to the nearest available player and then resume his covering role.

At least I think it is. If I'm wrong then I don't know why Roy plays him but if I'm right his job is a limited but crucial one and he shouldn't be blamed for not doing the things he's not supposed to do.

White Noise

I agree that the effectivess of his passing leaves something to be desired on occassion but, despite the valid points that Tony makes, its always intriguing to see what else he has to his game. In the last few games he has charged up field a bit and caused a bit of chaos, has played some very nice cross field balls to spread the play and has got up and had shots and headers in the vicinity of the goal.

Etuhu is still a bit of a curates egg for me but there is definitely good stuff to work with there.

leonffc

Quote from: White Noise on March 22, 2010, 02:59:11 PM
I agree that the effectivess of his passing leaves something to be desired on occassion but, despite the valid points that Tony makes, its always intriguing to see what else he has to his game. In the last few games he has charged up field a bit and caused a bit of chaos, has played some very nice cross field balls to spread the play and has got up and had shots and headers in the vicinity of the goal.

Etuhu is still a bit of a curates egg for me but there is definitely good stuff to work with there.

I'm with you there WN. One minute I'm slating him under my breath and the next he makes me look a fool and I think he's turned the corner. And then he winds me up again.
Either way he should be good enough by now to pass along the floor!!

Talking to a couple of City fans yesterday, they would love to have him up there!!!! £25M anyone??

Admin

Quote from: leonffc on March 22, 2010, 05:02:55 PM

I'm with you there WN. One minute I'm slating him under my breath and the next he makes me look a fool and I think he's turned the corner. And then he winds me up again.

Talking to a couple of City fans yesterday, they would love to have him up there!!!! £25M anyone??

Slating him under your breath Loen? I'm sure if that was the case, that little kid in the next row down to you wouldn't be so frightened  :015:

leonffc

Quote from: Admin on March 22, 2010, 05:18:42 PM

Slating him under your breath Loen? I'm sure if that was the case, that little kid in the next row down to you wouldn't be so frightened  :015:

haha after 3 and 1/2 years of sitting there he made contact with me at the Juve game with a smile and a high five. The lads come of age!!
We were laughing about it on Saturday and Luis pointed out another lad (not seen him before)along and down a bit who spent 70 mins of the Man City game looking petrified at me. And I was in a good mood and impeccably behaved too. Maybe I have a face that reminds kids of some cartoon baddie???? No need for replies people.

NorfolkJim

Quote from: leonffc on March 22, 2010, 05:24:50 PM
Quote from: Admin on March 22, 2010, 05:18:42 PM

Slating him under your breath Loen? I'm sure if that was the case, that little kid in the next row down to you wouldn't be so frightened  :015:

haha after 3 and 1/2 years of sitting there he made contact with me at the Juve game with a smile and a high five. The lads come of age!!
We were laughing about it on Saturday and Luis pointed out another lad (not seen him before)along and down a bit who spent 70 mins of the Man City game looking petrified at me. And I was in a good mood and impeccably behaved too. Maybe I have a face that reminds kids of some cartoon baddie???? No need for replies people.

I'm glad I'm not alone in frightening people by just sitting there quietly