Main Menu

Welcome Back Rob Milsom

Started by White Noise, March 22, 2010, 04:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Back In Business

Monday 22nd March 2010

Fulham FC News   

Highly rated Fulham Academy Graduate Robert Milsom is back in action after a 12 month absence through injury.

Milsom was struck down by a serious knee injury just a week after making his First Team debut at Old Trafford last season but the midfielder is now looking towards making a breakthrough next season after making a full recovery.

"The injury happened during a Reserve Team game against Arsenal," Milsom explained. "It was unfortunate. I'd just come back off loan from Southend and I thought I was playing really well for the Reserves and in training.

"I was given a chance in the First Team against Manchester United at Old Trafford a week before the injury happened. I've been back a few months now and training so hopefully it's all behind me. It was a long time out but I think I'm over it.

"I've played two Reserve matches. In the first I played 75 minutes against Stoke which was a good game to come back in and I played against Birmingham the other night. I'm not fully match fit yet – that's going to take a while after being out for 12 months but I feel okay."

Milsom was handed a one-year contract extension last week and is determined to repay the faith the Club has shown him during the hard times by making an impact in Roy Hodgson's First Team next season. 

"I was awarded a new one year extension which was nice," said Milsom. "I owe the Club a lot for helping me through my injury and I'm grateful that they offered me another year for me to prove myself and get myself into the First Team.

"He [Roy Hodgson] always gave me encouragement when I was injured and was always asking me how I was. At the moment it's all about getting games with the Reserves and seeing what happens next season.

"I'm going to play the rest of the season for the Reserves. Of course I'll be trying to break into the First Team but I'm not expecting massive things. Then I'm going to play in Scandinavia over the summer.

"I'll get around 15 games and be match fit for the start of the new season. Hopefully it will give me an advantage when we come back for next season because I'll be match fit. I've been out for a long time so I'm happy to go over there.

"I've missed so much all I want to do is play football. I don't need a rest!"

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/March/MilsomReturns.aspx#ixzz0ivMAcnzI

bobby01

nice to see Milsom thanking the club for help through his injury and the faith they have shown in him. Read this Mr Bullard to the championship.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.