News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

reckon it's worth booking a place on the vacation club flight despite...

Started by LRCN, March 22, 2010, 07:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LRCN

not being garunteed a match ticket? still 50/50, my dad thinks it's insane but a couple of people I know reckon i should go for it. So got no idea.

leonffc

Go for it mate.

It may be worth having a look at the capacity of the ground and seeing what their everage attendance is. You might be able to get a ticket in the 'home' end. Look at the spare seats that were available in Turin.
If you do though, it may be worth packing the white socks and sandles as well as really naff sports jacket so you blend in with the locals. Lader hoesens aren't too fasionable at football matches

Brede Butter Pudding

I spoke to the bloke at Vacation Club today and he reckoned that we have been allocated just over 2000 seats which is more than Turin. However, the flyer has already sold out and the vacation club probably aren't going to charter a second flight. I'm a ST holder and am going with two other ST holders. What's the likelihood we will all get tickets? I've booked with Vacation Club today so hopefully will get them!

LRCN

probs is, I'll be maxing out my overdraft almost with this, it's a far amount of money. but then again... I dunno, I really want to go but is it sensible to...

FatFreddysCat

Dont do it Lorky it a stupid thing to do with no garantee of a ticket. Plus it gives me more chance of getting one  :dft012: Oh well guess i'd better pack my white scocks and sandals and a David Hasslehoff tee shirt.

finnster01

Quote from: Lork on March 22, 2010, 09:43:25 PM
probs is, I'll be maxing out my overdraft almost with this, it's a far amount of money. but then again... I dunno, I really want to go but is it sensible to...
Lets say you go, and you max out your overdraft. Lets say we lose. You are not going to be a very happy lad. Lets say we win, now you can't afford the semi's or the final...

Lets say you save your money, watch it on the telly, we win and you can now chose if you want to go to Hamburg for the semi's or the final or both if it happens

I say you save your money now because you are going to Germany at some point anyway this spring and Hamburg is a hell of a lot more happening than Wolfsburg mate.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

clintclintdeuce

go for it mate, stretch your legs out and get in there.. i know I would if i was in London
The Dude abides.

FatFreddysCat

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: finnster01 on March 22, 2010, 09:48:44 PM
Lets say you go, and you max out your overdraft. Lets say we lose. You are not going to be a very happy lad. Lets say we win, now you can't afford the semi's or the final...

Lets say you save your money, watch it on the telly, we win and you can now chose if you want to go to Hamburg for the semi's or the final or both if it happens

I say you save your money now because you are going to Germany at some point anyway this spring and Hamburg is a hell of a lot more happening than Wolfsburg mate.

Good point well put Finny, i'd advise everyone to save their money for the semis.

LRCN

Quote from: finnster01 on March 22, 2010, 09:48:44 PM

but then again, what if we go away and go through. And I haven't been to a european game since amkar at home, let alone an away one. ahh!

finnster01

Unless you have a secret fetish about a Volkswagen, I suggest you wait for Hamburg and stay over. Because that will be our next game and the semi's on top
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Brede Butter Pudding

Or, on second thoughts, what happens if we lose and we don't get through? Everyone is making out that this is going to be a walk in the park - I think people are in for a quite a shock at just how good Wolfsburg are. They are a quality side and have talent all over the pitch, and despite their poor start this term they are a major threat. Like us, they are definitely not going to qualify for Europe again through the league, so winning the competition is their only hope. I say go for it mate, imagine if we don't go through and you missed the opportunity to congratulate the lads on their last European game for many a year. Wouldn't miss it for the world!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on March 22, 2010, 10:11:08 PM
Or, on second thoughts, what happens if we lose and we don't get through? Everyone is making out that this is going to be a walk in the park - I think people are in for a quite a shock at just how good Wolfsburg are. They are a quality side and have talent all over the pitch, and despite their poor start this term they are a major threat. Like us, they are definitely not going to qualify for Europe again through the league, so winning the competition is their only hope. I say go for it mate, imagine if we don't go through and you missed the opportunity to congratulate the lads on their last European game for many a year. Wouldn't miss it for the world!
Ignore him Lorky , it'll be rubbish, crap town and we'll get stuffed.

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on March 22, 2010, 10:15:36 PM
Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on March 22, 2010, 10:11:08 PM
Ignore him Lorky , it'll be rubbish, crap town and we'll get stuffed.

Or ignore the fat bloke... My point is perfectly valid, there is no guarantee we will get through, people are treating this like a given win, when really that is anything but the truth. A once in a lifetime experience mate, and not sure how watching Fulham in Germany in the QF of the Europa League can be crap but fair play

FatFreddysCat

Wolfsberg was recently voted the most boring but expensive town in Germany. Also the seats in the away end are very resticted view, i urge you all to boycott this game.

HatterDon

Quote from: Lork on March 22, 2010, 07:05:20 PM
not being garunteed a match ticket? still 50/50, my dad thinks it's insane but a couple of people I know reckon i should go for it. So got no idea.

Go for it, Lorkster. You're young, after all, and nobody expects people your age to do anything logically. And someday you'll be as old as me and when you attempt to look back on your past you'll think things like,

"Are those really my fingernails?"
"The high point in my day is taking a crap."
"How do those things stay up and aligned?"

so, don't miss it. If you do, you'll have one less thing to forget in your 60s.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

NorfolkJim

Except Vilnius, every game in Europe so far I've booked and paid for long in advance of getting a ticket for the game. One of the very few advantages of our crap away support is that you can nearly always get a ticket if your a STH.

Wolfsburg doesnt have the same appeal as Juve or Roma. If we get 2000 tickets the club'll take at most 500 for their official trips (planes are only so big you know) leaving 1500 for the rest of us. I dont expect us to take more than we took to Juve so as long as you get in there early you get a ticket. Ryanair flights to Bremen are under £50 at the mo.

The big problem is that Wolfsburg seems short and pricey on Hotels and the last train back to Hannover goes at, I think its 11.27. Considering a 9pm kick off that leaves little time to get to the station and your stuffed if it goes to extra time

epsomraver

Go for it Lork, I have booked on it for my missus and tickets have just gone on general sale this morning to S/T holders The vacation deal is cheaper than the flyer all told.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: NorfolkJim on March 23, 2010, 07:16:50 AM
Except Vilnius, every game in Europe so far I've booked and paid for long in advance of getting a ticket for the game. One of the very few advantages of our crap away support is that you can nearly always get a ticket if your a STH.

Wolfsburg doesnt have the same appeal as Juve or Roma. If we get 2000 tickets the club'll take at most 500 for their official trips (planes are only so big you know) leaving 1500 for the rest of us. I dont expect us to take more than we took to Juve so as long as you get in there early you get a ticket. Ryanair flights to Bremen are under £50 at the mo.

The big problem is that Wolfsburg seems short and pricey on Hotels and the last train back to Hannover goes at, I think its 11.27. Considering a 9pm kick off that leaves little time to get to the station and your stuffed if it goes to extra time
Didn't Bremen get bomded to sh1t during the war? from what i gather they like Dresden still really hate the English.