watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our supporters are veryaffluent

Started by CorkedHat, March 23, 2010, 09:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

One of the interesting facts to emerge from the Fulham, promotional video which was posted on here a few days ago is that it is claimed that 60-% of our supporters are in the AB Socio-economic group.
Why I find this claim to be spurious is that as my chart shows, only around 25% of the population are classified as being AB, that is the upper echelons of society.
Either football is no longer the working man's game or Fulham, has developed into the prawn sandwich brigade so often levelled at Manchester United.
I rather think that to say that six out of every ten supporters attending our matches are in the best jobs earning the highest salaries is stretching the truth just a bit.
I am willing to concede, however, that 60% of the posters on this MB fall into the AB category, but 60% of our total support? I think not.

Total          M            F
Social Grade A   Upper Middle Class -
Higher managerial, administrative or professional    Estimated 000s        1,932         1,032       900
                                                % profile          4.0           4.4           3.6

Social Grade B   Middle Class -
Intermediate managerial, administrative or professional Estimated 000s 10,573   5,404        5,169
                                                  % profile        21.9        23.1   2      0.8

I realise from the preview of this post that my chart does not replicate correctly. But I trust you get the gist.

What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Lighthouse

If you can afford to go now you have to be affluent. I used to go year in year out, season ticket holder for years and years and now wouldn't be able to afford a game let alone a season ticket.

For those less affluent then yourselves please give to -

GIVE ME MONEY PLEASE
CO LIGHTHOUSE
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LBNo11

...I am considered so low in society that I am considered more effluent than affluent, I beleive I am in the D- socio-wotsit group as that is what my teachers always put at the bottom of my schoolwork!

Anyway, as another economic exile, please send all donations to:-

[email protected]
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Peabody

Cor blimey guvnor, what a load of old cods. If we wuz as effluent as you are saying then cor luv a duck mate, I am sitting in the wrong seat. Footbal is and always will be the working mans game but the suits are trying their best to change that, thats why they issue all this propaganda just to try and change us. Well me old china, they wont get away with it.

Dugliss

Well I`m a postman so what group does that put me in?

Jimpav

I can afford to go to football but I can't make head nor tail of those percentages.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Dugliss on March 23, 2010, 10:37:26 AM
Well I`m a postman so what group does that put me in?

Late Again :005:

ron

I've instructed my butler to inspect your figures Mr Hat. I'll be in a position to comment later this afternoon because he has to serve luncheon and vacuum the west wing first.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: ron on March 23, 2010, 01:50:32 PM
I've instructed my butler to inspect your figures Mr Hat. I'll be in a position to comment later this afternoon because he has to serve luncheon and vacuum the west wing first.

Mr Hat's Bank Manager wrote to him last week advising not to deposit any more funds into his Current Account as it's full.. :005:

LBNo11

Quote from: Vinnieffc on March 23, 2010, 01:58:13 PM
Quote from: ron on March 23, 2010, 01:50:32 PM

Mr Hat's Bank Manager wrote to him last week advising not to deposit any more funds into his Current Account as it's full.. :005:

...was that the sperm bank..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Lighthouse

I am looking through these figures as instructed to by my employer who also expects me to hoover his West Wing. Didn't bother and just dusted his Box Sets of The West Wing. However have to serve up some Spam sandwiches to a few people he has for lunch so can't stop. Bugger he has rung his bell again

COMING YESSIR MR RON SIR.

ron

"Lighthice? Lighthice !....Where are those spam...er.... that pate de foie gras smörgåsbord ?

...Really ! One can't get the staff nowadays.....

Logicalman

As  a service to those on this MB that plead for funds from those that have some affluence, I will put myself forward as a central contact to receive and er, ahem, dispose of the funds properly. I do this free of charge, and solely as a service to my common man, so please give freely to help them that ain't got much. All funds can be deposited via paypal to  [email protected]

clintclintdeuce

Haha, well do they take into consideration all the people who may have season tickets from abroad? I know weve got at least one from Austria..... and I wish the cost of to see a game from the US was the price of just one season ticket!
The Dude abides.

TheDaddy

Sorry guys,

Im confused i am flatulent does that count and O Positive  :029:
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Peabody

Quote from: Logicalman on March 23, 2010, 04:05:08 PM
As  a service to those on this MB that plead for funds from those that have some affluence, I will put myself forward as a central contact to receive and er, ahem, dispose of the funds properly. I do this free of charge, and solely as a service to my common man, so please give freely to help them that ain't got much. All funds can be deposited via paypal to  [email protected]

Hold on guvnor, whats all that parlarver you just spouted there. By the way, ave the Toff's gone yet?

finnster01

This thread is beginning to remind me a lot of the Monty Python "We were so poor" sketch from the Flying Circus  :027: ...
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

CorkedHat

Well I'm glad I raised that.
Dugliss you are a C2.
Me, being a struggling writer earning next to nothing is a D.
I do hope that this clears up any misconceptions about the validity of socio-economic profiling.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

ron

......we dreamed of earning next to nothing....... :dft001: :dft001:

Lighthouse

Oh well I think the master has retired for the night. He pays me  nothing which is why he can live so well. He could keep a bigger staff but he just jokes and says ' you are quite big enough for staff ' and I smile because I am allowed to sleep next to The Dog Basket. But the place isn't what it was. We used to have  party a night and staff were falling over themselves. But it's just me now.

Still just time to have a quick drink from his 'secret selection' and then make sure the breakfast table is ready for the morning. We used to make a cooked breakfast for anything up to 20 or 30 guests. Now a bowl of Ready Brek usually suffices. Oh well move over Brenda. Go on move. Some Guard Dog you are. Have you finished with that bone?