https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Outstanding MAF Rant on FIFA

Started by finnster01, March 23, 2010, 10:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

he has a point,that's the thing,football is being run by muppets nobody has heard of and they are only in it for the gravy train,nothing more,our game is being run by people who only want the perks and the freebees :046: :035:

LBNo11

...here is the article, good to see him say what many of us feel:-

Fulham owner Mohamed Al Fayed has launched a scathing attack on Fifa for ruling out technology in football.

He believes the sport is ready to embrace such forward-thinking and feels it is wrong of the game's global governing body to have deserted the concept.

Talk of video replays and goal-line technology has been doing the rounds for years, without any success, and Al Fayed is stunned that such initiatives have not been implemented.

"I have been screaming for this for a long time. They don't understand," the businessman told the Daily Express.

"The people in charge are not suffering. They are not paying anything. They are not feeling anything.

"Who put them there in charge of our football? Who elected them there? I have no idea. They rely on African votes, some Katmandu votes, you know, to be elected. But for me, if I was in charge I would sack all those people."

Possible
Al Fayed has vowed to prove Fifa president Sepp Blatter wrong by staging a full-scale game at Craven Cottage showcasing the benefits of the available technology.

"I could put on a game at Fulham to say this technology works," he said.

"It is possible. Yes. To show that it works. I think I will do that. Definitely. As proof.

"Then these idiots who always say no, they can see for themselves and then they can enforce it."
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Oakeshott

MAF is spot on. Rugby, tennis and cricket all benefit from technology. Football, at the top level a rich a game as any, should keep pace. Blatter has for too long been an over-opinionated, backward-looking old fart who should be put out to grass at the earliest opportunity.

Jimpav

Wouldn't hurt to have two guys in the gantry or elsewhere looking at replays and then passing info down to the ref.

Only objection I have is that it would slow the game down if they were having to make a call on every contentious off side decision.

ron

The offside rule sums up what the administrators have done to football. Not everyone has ever understood it, but now that group who don't include referees, linesmen and players.

I read somewhere that Platini was involved in suggesting cutting out physical contact in the sport.

It's clear what changes need to be made. The current shower in charge can't see it.

LBNo11

...I don't think it would be a good idea to bring technology in for every contentious issue all in one 'hit'. They should concentrate on the goal line technology initially and prove that that works, some teams have been relegated and other promoted/win a title on a wrong call shown later on TV.

It would be ideal to try it out at a testimonial game, for example for the proposed Kevin Moore testimonial, I am sure Mr Fayed could invite companies to tender for the technology, they would get a publicized showcase which Mr Fayed could invest in and win massive contracts in time - probably post Blatter and his acolytes...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC