more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Roy is proud of the team

Started by The Swan, January 27, 2010, 09:24:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Quote from Roy.
He was proud of his team. We played some good passing and good movements in midfield. End of quote.
Roy you can't score by passing the ball in midfield.We must get the ball up to our strikers,( and I don't mean the long ball) We must have shots on goal especially when their goalkeeper had taken a knock.
The Swan

leonffc

what strikers? Bobby was still injured by the look of him at times and Gera was playing deep as usual (not his fault). I thought they might fire in shots against Gomes but there was nothing

epsomraver

He was quite put out when the interviewer said that our play was uncharacteristic of Fulham and he was not disappointed at all! the fans were Roy, no shots on goal in the first half, when will he understand that if you don't kick the ball towards their goal you will not score!

finnster01

I was thinking that myself. In fact, at one point in the pub where I was watching the game I thought that we should possibly sign a crab in the transfer window, because I haven't seen this much sideways movement since Gordon Brown trying to deny we were(are) in a recession.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Lighthouse

He is proud because they stick to his dull instructions on how to play away. No pressure on the ball or going forward. Wait tfor something to happen then react. DULL DULL DULL
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

epsomraver

RidgeRider

To be fair, there was some good passing and good movement, just not enough.

NogoodBoyo

It's a good sign that he's proud - outwardly.
At the training ground I doubt he'll be quite so effusive in his praise.
Loyalty counts for a hell of a lot in team sports.
FANS WOULD DO WELL TO RECOGNISE THAT.
Nogood "no good shouting, isit" Boyo

epsomraver

All in our half, that does not win matches

RidgeRider

Quote from: epsomraver on January 27, 2010, 01:55:27 PM
All in our half, that does not win matches

A lot of it what was, so I don't disagree, but if you watch the match a second time, we did get some decent movement in their half, but they defended well and again, we really didn't do it enough to give ourselves a fair chance to win......just trying to dwell on the positive. Which is with a huge change in lineup and people playing out of position, it wasn't a total disaster.

epsomraver

Mr RR what ever way you look at it we really need 1) a creative midfielder, 2) a proper striker who knows where the net is, we do not have either at present, there was no urgency and if Roy is proud of that performance then that is really worrying!

os5889

Someone has to be proud of that attempt at a thought of making an effort I tuned into last night

It is not however me

RidgeRider

Quote from: epsomraver on January 27, 2010, 02:16:01 PM
Mr RR what ever way you look at it we really need 1) a creative midfielder, 2) a proper striker who knows where the net is, we do not have either at present, there was no urgency and if Roy is proud of that performance then that is really worrying!

I agree with you 100% but he's not going to say anything other than he is proud of the boys, especially in the public eye, if he does think they worked hard...which I think they did, so I doubt he was proud of their play but he may have been proud of their effort and the fact they kept trying down to the last minute.

I still like BZ as our main target man, but a pure striker would be great and a creative mid seems a must at this point.