News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Could this set-up for O'hara to come here?

Started by Steve_orino, March 23, 2010, 08:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve_orino

I've seen a few FoFer's say they'd be interested in seeing O'hara come here as a replacement for Super sMurph...

Could this help us get him?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/23/jamie-ohara-tottenham-portsmouth

Spurs manager Harry Redknapp criticises the on-loan Jamie O'Hara
• Pompey midfielder hopes Tottenham lose to Fulham
• He just wants to play at Wembley, says Redknapp

James Callow guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 23 March 2010 17.54 GMT Article history

Jamie O'Hara said he hoped Spurs, his parent club, did not make it through to meet Portsmouth in the FA Cup semi-finals.

Harry Redknapp has criticised Portsmouth's on-loan Tottenham Hotspur midfielder, Jamie O'Hara, for saying that he hopes his parent club lose their FA Cup quarter-final replay against Fulham tomorrow.

The winners will play Portsmouth in the semi-final at Wembley next month. O'Hara, who has been outstanding in Pompey's Cup run, would be ineligible to face Spurs.

Redknapp said: "Jamie shouldn't say that, really. I understand where he is coming from but this is his club, he is a Tottenham player and he will be back here next year.

"I think he just wants to play at Wembley. He had the disappointment in the League Cup final of being left out of the team when Tottenham played Chelsea [in 2008]. He has done a great job for Portsmouth and I am delighted how well he has done for them.

"I can see where he is coming from but he has got to be careful what he says because this is his club and the fans love him here."
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Dugliss

cebu

Lots of clubs have been rumored to be interested in him, so there's no reason to suppose that Fulham are at the head of the queue. I'd be pleased if we did sign him.

Hazey

Love to see him with us, but don't think it would happen.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

Jimpav

Arry won't do us or anyone else within touching distance of Spurs any favours.

Steve_orino

Quote from: Jimpav on March 23, 2010, 09:41:26 PM
Arry won't do us or anyone else within touching distance of Spurs any favours.

I was really excited about posting this; thought there might be disagreement between Manager & player that could see us slip in and get him but then reading Jimpav's post reminded of the sad truth - 'arry's a POS.

Still, it'd be good to have him - I'll keep on hoping.
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

FulhamRob

I would love to have O'Hara here. He has played his heart out for Pompey and scored some belting goals. Come on Roy...you know it makes sense!!!

Tktd

Possibly the most overwhelming response to realistic transfer news... Simply, O'hara at Fulham would go down a treat, he's a Fulham type of player - He gets a job done and he does it well, has the odd suprise in his locker but is humble and keeps away from the idea of being a "celeb" I think he would be an amazing prodigy and natural successor to Murphy and would love to see him, along with every other Fulham fan here at Fulham.

For me he'd be a sure buy in the summer, but knowing Harry i'm sure things wont be that simple!

Does anyone know what Roy's views are on O'hara?

Would love to see him be the catalyst of this revolution we seem to be going under and I think he has what it takes to compete in Europe. Also being British is a great benefit, has that fighting spirit... basically he'd be amazing and I can really see him becoming a stalwart at fulham!

O'Hara - We want you!

Steve_orino

Quote from: Tktd on March 24, 2010, 12:22:48 AM

Does anyone know what Roy's views are on O'hara?

1st rule of Fulham Fight Club...Roy will not talk about transfers

2nd rule of Fulham Fight Club...Roy will not talk about transfers

3rd rule of Fulham Fight Club...remember the first two rules... :011:
@Borino09

Crede15

O'Hara would be perfect. Probably won't happen unfortunately. Is Skjellbred a center mid?

Tktd

Quote from: Crede15 on March 24, 2010, 02:08:17 AM
O'Hara would be perfect. Probably won't happen unfortunately. Is Skjellbred a center mid?

Skjelbred is an AM/CM style player... Just imagine if we signed O'hara and Skjelbred in the summer! Now that would be mouth-watering thought!

O'hara would no doubt play a bit of a deeper role with Skjelbred possibly playing in attacking midfield/second striker role?

Ooooo, to good to be true. Plus keep in Etuhu as a midfield enforcer then we'd be talking... I know everyone loves Murphy, but i'd keep him for the cup games and also play him alongside either Ohara or Skjelbred so they could learn off him as he obviously can still pick dfence splitting passes...

--------------------Schwarzer-----------------

Pantsil------Hughes-----Hangeland----Shorey/Konchesky

Duff -------------Etuhu--------------Dempsey
-----------------------Ohara-----------------

---------------Skjelbred---------------------

----------------------Zamora----------------

Subs

Stockdale
Buchtmann (maybe save him till he's signed a new and longer contract!?)
Davies/Riise
Murphy
Okaka (or another new striker - Keane? Pavlychenko?)
Konchesky/Shorey
Baird/Another taller CB who can play along backline...

As a squad I believe under roys tutelage a team of that calibre without europa league could seriously challenge in cups and definately for a top 6/7 place in the premiership.

AlFayedsChequebook

O'Hara would be good -- This season he has really grown and has very much become a leader.

I also notice that Paul Scharner is available for free at the end of the season. Could be a good Defender/Mid and cover for the liked of Hangeland?

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: Crede15 on March 24, 2010, 02:08:17 AM

Both of these players would siut us perfectly.This would be a big step forward for us and if we want to improve and remain "Fulham" with Fulham type players playing the Fulham way(trademark RH/MAF 2007/8)

Vinnieffc

If not O'hara, howzabout Jonjo Shelvey from Charlton ?

bobby01

i reckon Scharner is a cert, Roy really likes him.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.