News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Al Fayed - More Glamour games to come...

Started by Tktd, March 24, 2010, 12:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

Just read this excerpt from an artice about goal line technology etc etc and saw Al Fayed quoted as saying...

--------------------------------------------------

Al Fayed has vowed to prove Fifa president Sepp Blatter wrong by staging a full-scale game at Craven Cottage showcasing the benefits of the available technology.

"I could put on a game at Fulham to say this technology works," he said.

"It is possible. Yes. To show that it works. I think I will do that. Definitely. As proof.

"Then these idiots who always say no, they can see for themselves and then they can enforce it."

-----------------------------------------------------------

For me I think this would be a great opportunity for the club and I fully support it if he goes ahead with it.

I also think that it's what a lot of highprofile clubs are calling for now along with smaller clubs as the decisions made can have such a massive effect financially amongst other means...

Anyway, in light of this comment, could we use it to create some glamour games agains the top teams in europe to demonstrate how it can be used effectively and also to showcase the support from varying styled clubs and varying statused clubs?

I would love to see Fulham take a lead onthe issue and also think it would be great for the club in terms of publicity and also potential glamour ties (which could be ticketed - extra revenue for the club, which i'd be willing to pay!) if they got high profile teams to play to show their support like Real or Barca etc etc... maybe he could create a list of high profile games around the various european countries to creat even more general hye and show solid support for goal line technology throughout europe!?...

Maybe you could have a minutes silence to show that you support video technology!?

I know there's the age old debate about "but it gives people who like football something to talk about..." but I think as a profession we have to look past that now especially with the consequences of a wrong decision nowadays!

BestOfBrede

I agree Tktd even if it seems I'm the only 1 !!
It would be good for Fulham to be associated with advancing the game.

LBNo11

...you're not the only one BOB, this was discussed yesterday:-

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=2059.0

Worth looking at...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FC Silver Fox

Just wondering... do we need FA/UEFA approval to organize a close season friendly game? Is there anything to stop us independantly trying out new technology in the friendly?
At half-time you could also demonstrate to the fans how the technology works. 
Its great free publicity for Fulham too.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

BestOfBrede

Thanks LB for the link.
I agree with your point:
"I don't think it would be a good idea to bring technology in for every contentious issue all in one 'hit'. They should concentrate on the goal line technology initially and prove that that works, some teams have been relegated and other promoted/win a title on a wrong call shown later on TV".

On another subject:
LB was my favourite player when I started supporting the Super Whites and coincidently my Head Master at Primary School was called Les Barrett too!! :005:

Anyone else go to Harwood ?