more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Fulham Stuff (20/05/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, May 20, 2012, 07:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham still chasing Burnley strikerJay Rodriguez

According to one of the local papers to Burnley, Fulham have had an initial bid for Jay Rodriguez declined but are expected to bid again. Burnley are quoted as wanting 8 million which I can't see happening but it will be interesting to see if Fulham or other clubs make further bids.

Rodriguez is 22 and scored 15 goals in the Championship last year from 37 games and is said to be attracting interest from other Premier League teams.

The original story is on the below link:-

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/9715880.Premier_League_interest_in_Burnley_striker_Rodriguez_hots_up/

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2012/5/19/3030371/fulham-have-initial-offer-for-burnley-striker-jay-rodriguez-declined?

WhiteJC

Fulham ask about Giovinco

There are rumours Fulham are the latest club interested in signing Sebastian Giovinco, who is co-owned between Parma and Juventus.

The Italy starlet has attracted interest from several different clubs, including Napoli, Manchester City and Barcelona.

It's now reported that Premier League outfit Fulham have made enquiries after the 'Atomic Ant.'

TuttoJuve claims agent Andrea D'Amico met with chief Fulham scout Barry Simmonds today and asked about Giovinco's situation.

The forward is currently co-owned by Parma and Juventus, who are yet to reach an agreement on where he'll play next season.

http://www.football-italia.net/18995/fulham-ask-about-giovinco?

WhiteJC

Floored By Fulham

Nottingham Forest's hopes of glory in the Altstätten Under 19 tournament were ended by a semi-final defeat at the hands of Fulham.

The Reds were narrowly edged out 1-0 in Switzerland by an older and more experienced Fulham side.

To mate matters worse they also lost the services of goalkeeper Dimitar Evtimov with a suspected broken jaw.

Team: Evtimov (Smith 32, Evtimov broken jaw), Papworth, Gorman, Regan, Andrews, Wallace (Petravicius 36), Blake, Morgan, Gnahore, Osborn (Thomas 36), Palmer Samuels (Fenton 43).

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10308~2777439,00.html?

WhiteJC

Fulham resigns Aussie junior Gameiro

Exciting young striker Corey Gameiro has been re-signed with English Premier League club Fulham.

One of Australian football's brightest prospects Gameiro joins Socceroo Mark Schwarzer at the Cottagers on his second pro contract until the end of the 2012/2013 season.

The 19-year-old from NSW said he was hoping to be the next Australian to make an impact in English football.

"They say it is hard to get your first contract and even harder to get your second so I'm really happy with where I am at," Gameiro said.

"Being in the footballing environment at a Premier League club has been such a great opportunity. And as hard as I have worked to get where I am, I know I have to work even harder from here."

Gameiro, who was the youngest member of Australia's squad at the FIFA U20 World Cup in Colombia last year, said Schwarzer had been a big influence on his career.

"Mark Schwarzer is everything a young player going to a Premiership club could ask for," he said.

"He is not only a great role model, but a friend too. He is always happy to take the time out to have a chat, to give you advice and he has so many contacts in the game. He has done so much in the game, but he still works so hard on improving himself. He is 39 but he is still at the gym every day."

Gameiro has returned home to Port Kembla for the break in the English Premier League and will resume training with Fulham in early July.

Gameiro is likely to be put on loan to a Championship or League One side in the early part of the new season to further his development.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8470269

WhiteJC

DANNY MURPHY JOY ON BOYS' TOP-10 FINISH

FULHAM captain Danny Murphy has looked back on a long, long season and given it a thumbs-up.

He believes they should be proud of finishing ninth in the Barclays Premier League after starting on June 30 in the Europa League.

Their European exit saw Martin Jol's side recover from a slow start to finish ninth in the table – only goal difference ­separating them and Liverpool in the spot above.

Murphy, a former Reds player, said: "We've done very well this season, that's the way I'd describe it.

"Over the last four years we've been in the top ten three times and the only year we weren't we were a couple of places below because of the Europa League run. So to maintain that level of consistency and to continue progressing our style and the way we've played as well has been a really, really great achievement by the lads."

A question mark hangs over Murphy's future in west London. Now 35, ­negotiations are ongoing over a contract extension past the summer.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/252281/Danny-Murphy-joy-on-boys-top-10-finish/?

WhiteJC

Why Arsenal and Man Utd want Dembele
Fulham midfielder set to reject new contract offer

Arsenal and Manchester United are ready to pounce on midfielder Moussa Dembele who is set to reject Fulham's new contract offer.

The midfielder has a year left but Martin Jol's attempt to convince him to sign a new deal seem to have failed, according to the Daily Mail.

Liverpool and Tottenham also admire the Belgian who is set for a summer exit.

Manchester City's title run-in has certainly ruffled feathers at Old Trafford with Manchester United going into panic buying mode.

United are lining up a £10 million bid for Fulham's attacking midfielder Mousa Dembele, with Paul Scholes yet to decide whether he will play on for next season, according to the Daily Mail.

United are already planning to rebuild their side to regain the title next term with Dembele being the first of a number of signings.

The 24-year old Belgium midfielder has made an impact since his £5m move from AZ Alkmaar in 2010, especially after Fulham manager Martin Jol dropped him back into a deeper central-midfield role in the 2-1 win over Stoke in February.

He has only scored twice this season, but has been instrumental in Fulham's rise to ninth and is seen as a ready-made replacement for Scholes, 37, who was forced out of retirement.

With Lille's attacking midfielder Eden Hazard likely to join City, Ferguson must find cover for Darren Fletcher, who has a long-term illness, and Tom Cleverley, who has been prone to injury problems throughout the current campaign.

The United boss is an admirer of Borussia Dortmund midfielder Shinji Kagawa and flew to Germany on Saturday to watch the Japanese international, who scored the opening goal in their 5-2 win over Bayern Munich in the German Cup Final.

Ferguson, also interested in Kagawa's team-mate Mario Goetze, will have talks with Scholes in an attempt to persuade him to extend his comeback for another season, the report added.

"I will speak to Paul," said Ferguson. "Obviously he made a tremendous contribution when he came back. But it was his decision to return and I will respect whatever he wants to do.

"I haven't discussed it with him yet, to be honest. I think I made that mistake last season, talking to him before the season had finished.

"It is better getting the season over and having a break and I may not speak to him before he has been away on holiday."

It could be the answer to Manchester United's problems in wresting the title back from City, if indeed, City do win it.

Wesley Sneijder is back on the radar and this time even United insiders are convinced, Sir Alex Ferguson will go after the Dutch international

Former Manchester United striker Teddy Sheringham has said that manager Sir Alex Ferguson will and must pursue Sneijder once the transfer window reopens.

The Red Devils were keen on the Inter Milan playmaker last summer, but the 27-year-old committed his future to the Italian giants.

This time though, Inter is set to miss out on a Champions League spot and the Dutchman could be ready to move.

"I think they will, without a doubt," Sheringham said.

"The manager tried to sign Sneijder last year and when he likes someone he very rarely lets go of that bone and he will go back in for them.

"He did the same for a lot of players – like Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

"He had a broken leg when he first went in for him but he went back in for him a year later – it wouldn't surprise me if he goes back in for Sneijder and he finally gets his man."

http://www.emirates247.com/sports/football/why-arsenal-and-man-utd-want-dembele-2012-05-20-1.459478

WhiteJC

WhiteJC

Arshavin linked with Fulham move

Andrei Arshavin is set to be offered a London lifeline this summer with Fulham looking to bring the Russian forward to Craven Cottage.

According to 'Soviet Sport', the West Londoners are 'seriously' considering a move for Arshavin who spent the end of last season on loan at his former club Zenit St Petersburg.

Arshavin's family stayed in London during his loan spell and he said that he would return there to decide his future after Euro 2012. Speaking last month he told reporters, "After the Euros, I will study my future, think about it. And I would like to talk to Wenger before I make any decision."

Funnily, if you consider such things funny, Arshavin ended the season with a title winners medal as Zenit topped the Russian league.

It's clear that Arsenal are open to offers for him and now that he's got used to not being allowed park wherever he wants and all the women drivers, the Fulham option might well suit him and us.

Arshavin would join fellow Russian Pavel Pogrebnyak at The Cottagers if the deal did go through.

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/05/arshavin-linked-with-fulham-move/?utm_source=feedburner.com%2Farseblognews&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arseblognews+%28Arseblog+News+-+the+one+stop+Arsenal+news+site%29

WhiteJC

Fulham want Wolves winger, Gunter and Naughton – report

Fulham plan to table a £5m bid for Wolves winger Matt Jarvis and are also chasing Tottenham full-back Kyle Naughton and Nottingham Forest's Chris Gunter, according to The People.

There is speculation about England international Jarvis' future at Molineux following Wolves' relegation from the Premier League.

And it is claimed he is a target for Fulham boss Martin Jol, who is also keen to sign a right-back this summer.

Forest defender Gunter has previously been linked with a move to Craven Cottage, while Naughton, who spent last season on loan at Norwich from Spurs, has been mooted as another possible signing.

The People also claim that Nigel Adkins is fighting to keep his job at Southampton and could be replaced by Roberto Di Matteo.

It is suggested that Adkins' position is under threat despite him leading the Saints to two promotions, and that he fears the club's Italian chairman Nicola Cortese will look to appoint Di Matteo if the Chelsea interim boss is not installed as manager at Stamford Bridge this summer.

Marcello Lippi is keen to sign Chelsea striker Didier Drogba for Chinese side Guangzhou, according to the Sunday Mirror.

They also report that Chelsea are planning to pip Tottenham and both Manchester clubs to the signing of Lille's Belgian winger Eden Hazard, as do The Sun on Sunday.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/paper-talk/fulham-want-wolves-winger-gunter-and-naughton-report/

WhiteJC

Azkals stay solid sans key players

MANILA, Philippines - Philippine men's football team coach Michael Weiss believes the Azkals will be able to form a pretty solid side against Malaysia in their coming Fifa friendly despite the absence of key players Neil Etheridge (suspension) and Phil and James Younghusband (previous commitment).

Weiss said four Fil-Germans who missed the Azkals' bronze medal campaign in the AFC Challenge Cup will be on hand to reinforce Phl XI for the June 1 match against host Malaysia. They are midfielder Stephan Schröck of Bundesliga first division squad TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, midfielder Manny Ott of Ingolstadt II, striker Denis Wolf of 1. FC Magdeburg, and keeper Roland Müller of MSV Duisburg.

The Azkals mentor is also excited with the entry of homegrown custodian Patrick Deyto of UFL side Green Archers United Globe.

"We'll have Schröck coming over, Ott coming over, Wolf probably playing on top and Müller will be in goal. We've also invited a new talent from Green Archers, a very promising Filipino keeper, Patrick Deyto," Weiss said in an interview on "The Football Connection" radio program yesterday.

"We have a good, wide variety between the post and other positions; we have a bigger pool where we can easily swap players and then give others a chance. It will test Muller in a good competition and we'll see how Wolf will harmonize with Schröck and Ott. We'll have a very good team," he added.

Etheridge will serve a one-game suspension for "violating" Article 57 of the AFC Disciplinary Code while watching on the sidelines the Azkals' Challenge Cup third-place match against Palestine last March 19 in Nepal while the Younghusbands have a previous commitment that conflicts with the friendly in Kuala Lumpur.

Etheridge, and Phil and James will be rejoining the Azkals in their next two matches, against Indonesia on June 5 in Manila and versus Guam on June 12 in Bacolod.

Weiss said more reinforcements are due after the Malaysia fixture, with fancied Fil-Dutch Dennis Cagara of FSV Frankfurt and Jerry Lucena of AGF Aarhus planing in.

"I expect the team to be very strong against Indonesia because all the players will be at that match," said Weiss, thrilled with the prospect of assembling "probably one of the strongest lineups Phl has ever seen."

The core of the Azkals, those who are based in Phl like Chieffy Caligdong, Angel Guirado, and Carli de Murga along with young prospects, will go on a training camp in San Carlos City on May 21-24 to be followed by a similar session in Bacolod on May 25-28. Two exhibition matches are being arranged for the camp designed to kick off the Azkals' preparations for the three international friendlies.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/05/20/12/azkals-stay-solid-sans-key-players?

WhiteJC

Fulham want Wolves winger, Gunter and Naughton – report

Fulham plan to table a £5m bid for Wolves winger Matt Jarvis and are also chasing Tottenham full-back Kyle Naughton and Nottingham Forest's Chris Gunter, according to The People.

There is speculation about England international Jarvis' future at Molineux following Wolves' relegation from the Premier League.

And it is claimed he is a target for Fulham boss Martin Jol, who is also keen to sign a right-back this summer.

Forest defender Gunter has previously been linked with a move to Craven Cottage, while Naughton, who spent last season on loan at Norwich from Spurs, has been mooted as another possible signing.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-want-wolves-winger-gunter-and-naughton-report/

WhiteJC

Fulham looking at Fraizer Campbell

Both The Sun and The Mirror are today linking us with Sunderland striker Fraizer Campbell who only has 1 year left on his contract. Both are saying we've shown interest in Campbell and that Sunderland have yet to open contract negotiations so it may just be his agent giving them a friendly reminder.

Campbell started his career at Manchester United and then had loan spells at Spurs and Hull with the spell at Hull proving fruitful as he scored 15 goals in 34 games.

His spell at Sunderland has proved to be not as good as he's been blighted by 2 injuries to his knees meaning he's only played 38 games. During his time at Sunderland, he's scored just 5 goals but made his England debut earlier this season.

He's still only 24 so if he stays injury free, would he be a good acquisition for Fulham?

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2012/5/20/3031983/fulham-looking-at-fraizer-campbell?