watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Inaccurate Player ratings by watching in and out streams

Started by Lighthouse, April 02, 2010, 12:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Swart 7 - Made a few good saves and looked back to his confident self.
Davies 7 - Good first half and looked good linking with Duff. Tired in the second half but the experiment seemed to work overall.
Hughes 8 - Very Good
Hangeland 7 - A few funny mistakes again and still doesn't block shots but sticks out a leg in a sort of weird impression of a deformed dog taken short approaching a tree.
Konk 7 - Good going forward and looked good in at the back
Duff 8 - Good link for the goal, good first half overall
Murphy 8- Nice quick passes and breaking up play. Tired in the second half
Etuhu 7 - Had more space and seemed to be happier to play in that space
Dempsey 5 - Very ordinary, making odd decisions, and missing a good chance in the first half
Gera 9  - A different player in Europe. Worked hard and linked well
Zamora 9.5 - Nice goal, nice hold up for Duffs goal and just overall a great performance.
Baird 5 - Could have done with being given more time. Wassn't sure who to mark when he came on.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

Most of those are pretty close to spot on. There was only one flawless performance, and that was by Aaron Hughes. Of the back four, the most erratic was Hangeland. I guess he figured that if Konchesky wasn't going to pull a Konchesky, he would have to ... about 4 times.

The midfield was very very good. Duff was terrorizing them on the right, and PK was on the left. I think you give Demps short shrift. He's not at his best yet, but he played a solid match. Gera, as Ag pointed out to me more than once, was about an inch away from glory a good half-dozen times. It was frustrating to watch him play so well to so little effect. Zamora was good, but his yellow card was about as idiotic as I've ever seen. The ref called him and the Wolfsburg midget aside to tell them to cool it and then less than 15 seconds later, BobbyZ knocks the guy down. Stupid.

Good team effort. There really wasn't anything out there to scare us -- like Shaktar at the Cottage or Juve in Italy -- until that last few minutes.

All the guys done good.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

leonffc

TonyGilroy

Quote from: leonffc on April 02, 2010, 10:43:47 AM
And how did Etuhu get anything above a 3? :032:

Hard to know really unless it was the way he blocked the centre never letting the opponents through, constantly winning the ball and releasing it to his nearest colleague and acting as an additional centre half when Wolfsburg got crosses in.

Waste of a shirt really.

LRCN

schwarzer - 6, comfortable really to be honest
Davies - 6, done ok
Hughes - 7, good game
Hangeland - 6, bit dodgyat times
Konch - 7, played well
Etuhu - 6, passing was average but he made some important interceptions
Murphy - 6, passing was hot and cold
Duff - 8, nice goal and ran throughout the game
Dempsey - 6, played ok but was quiet
Gera - 6, same with dempsey but came into it mor ein the second half
Zamora - 8, held the ball up well and what a lovely finish.

Fernhurst

Hangeland 7 - A few funny mistakes again and still doesn't block shots but sticks out a leg in a sort of weird impression of a deformed dog taken short approaching a tree.

Beamer  what a description!!!... whilst I am eternally grateful we do not have Titus Bramble to run the rule over after every match, I did think last night our Haggers appeared "unprofessional" at times.

Do we put this down to mental fatigue as he has been our saviour in many a game previously?
Maybe he needs a support group..... bring in Keown and Adams to chat through decision making and staying strong till 95th minute.   

leonffc

Quote from: TonyGilroy on April 02, 2010, 01:21:55 PM

Hard to know really unless it was the way he blocked the centre never letting the opponents through, constantly winning the ball and releasing it to his nearest colleague and acting as an additional centre half when Wolfsburg got crosses in.

Waste of a shirt really.

Releasing it to his nearest colleague - yes but usually to his colleagues knees or chest from 5 or 10 yards or dropping it short, all giving away possesion. His passing was shocking.

HatterDon

Quote from: leonffc on April 02, 2010, 03:57:29 PM

Waste of a shirt really.

Releasing it to his nearest colleague - yes but usually to his colleagues knees or chest from 5 or 10 yards or dropping it short, all giving away possesion. His passing was shocking.

Amazing, Mr. LeonFFC. You and I watched an entirely different match yesterday evidently. I thought he had a very good game from start to finish. But there you go.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

leonffc

Quote from: HatterDon on April 02, 2010, 04:18:48 PM
Quote from: leonffc on April 02, 2010, 03:57:29 PM

Waste of a shirt really.

Amazing, Mr. LeonFFC. You and I watched an entirely different match yesterday evidently. I thought he had a very good game from start to finish. But there you go.

It is amusing hearing peoples different opinions Mr Hatterdon. I heard nothing but groans about him in H3 where I sit last night (not moaning all game, but certainly enough) as well as over hearing some people slating him as I walked to the staion.
I'm not saying he doesnt break up play but he sems to give it straight back and undoes all his hard work.
I also get frustrated with him because he's so languid and I (with most people) want him to impose his stature on the opposition rather than float about the pitch.

LRCN

his passing percentage is very good, 80% or somewhere like that which is higher than the team average. rich on ccn has just done a good article on him, check it out.

leonffc

Quote from: Lork on April 02, 2010, 04:56:08 PM
his passing percentage is very good, 80% or somewhere like that which is higher than the team average. rich on ccn has just done a good article on him, check it out.

Yeah it was interesting and accurate but he still frustrates me. I know why he's in there but his passing last night, particularly in the first half was terrible. I'm sure it wasn't 80% for that game. Reading the two comments attatched, I wouldn't go as far as to say Etuhu is a scapegoat. He has had some awsome games where his power and size have shone through but then he goes back into languid mode in the next.

LRCN

Quote from: leonffc on April 02, 2010, 05:17:11 PM
Quote from: Lork on April 02, 2010, 04:56:08 PM

Yeah it was interesting and accurate but he still frustrates me. I know why he's in there but his passing last night, particularly in the first half was terrible. I'm sure it wasn't 80% for that game. Reading the two comments attatched, I wouldn't go as far as to say Etuhu is a scapegoat. He has had some awsome games where his power and size have shone through but then he goes back into languid mode in the next.

he blocks off potential passes and runs very well I think... if he ran in headless-chicken style there would be too much space infront of the back 4 to be exploited.

CorkCity

"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

TonyGilroy

Quote from: CorkCity on April 02, 2010, 05:57:27 PM
Forget the stats , Etuhu is a sideways passer.

And often backwards but IF his role is to block the middle and offload the ball quickly to the nearest colleague then that's what he does and by being unadventurous in his passing he enables us to keep possession. He can then keep his position waiting for the next attack.

To me its clear that that's what Roy wants and Etuhu plays that role well.

There are two possible criticisms.

One is Roy's tactics and methods i.e. blame the boss and the other the disappointing, Diop like, contributions from Etuhu when he does get forward particularly from corners.