watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Davies at RB

Started by fulhamguy, April 02, 2010, 08:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamguy

Unfortunately I couldn't see the game yesterday because I was working, but I just wanted to gauge people's reaction to Simon Davies' performance yesterday at Right Back.

How did he get on?
How was he defensively and going forward?
Positional sense?

We've seen him play RB towards the end of games perhaps when we are playing out a win or chasing an exta goal and need a bit more width. But is he above Kelly in the RB queue?

Cheers
COYW!

WhiteJC

I think he had a good game  :045:

aus_ffc_88

COYW. Make us dream!

Hazey

Agreed.  I thought he had good apce to get up and down the lines and jeez he got stuck in.  Was like a mad man for a 5 minute period in the early part of the 2nd half, throwing himself on blokes boots to block shots in and around the edge of the box.

Actually for me, the best game I have seen from him for a while, his endeavour I thought was immense.  As opposed to our recent team performances he gave everything and looked desperate to win.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

epsomraver

Having him there gives us two wing backs with both him and Konch able to get forward quickly to add to the attack, "Roy in offensive mode"

Lighthouse

The right side gave them plenty of problems. Going forward Davies is neat and tidy and seemed to like the extra time given him. Defending is where the problems may lie. But last night he looked fine and I would think it worth another look until Pants returns.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Oakeshott

He is faster, a better reader of the game, and less error-prone than Kelly, and looks a genuine option to cover for John Pantsil.

FC Silver Fox

Agree with all of the above. I'd just like to add that he needs a bit more coaching in his defensive positioning.  He'll pick that up quickly. Right midfielders are going to have learn how to cover him better when he gets forward.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

leonffc

I think it's a great tactic for games in which we want to attack and it was a great decision to switch him there vs Juve. I don't think he'll be moulded into a permanent right back, especially when we are against better opposition or away. It also looks like Woy has finally lost patience with the championship player that is Kelly.

Simon Davies had a very good game imo

fulhamguy

I must admit that when I saw that Simon was RB and I was happier than I would be with Kelly there.

Kelly is a good squad player because of his versatility but he isn't anywhere near first choice.
COYW!

leonffc

Versatility?? He can only play RB. He is a square peg in a round hole at LB and has a worse left foot than Stephen Hawkins

The Equalizer

Digger and Duff Man looked great yesterday. Davies suits that backwards position and he plays brilliantly off of Duff. At moments they had me thinking of the Finnan Goldbaek partnership of yesteryear...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

SuffolkWhite

I thought some of the movement down the right side was very good and Davies did well at RB
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

cebu

He did just fine. I'm wondering though whether Roy will be as adventurous in the away match.

Does anyone have any news, rather than rumour, about JP's return to the first team?

bobby01

Quote from: cebu on April 02, 2010, 03:51:27 PM
He did just fine. I'm wondering though whether Roy will be as adventurous in the away match.

Does anyone have any news, rather than rumour, about JP's return to the first team?

JP's just returned to training but not contact training just fitness, no time span for return that i know.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

LRCN

he was good yeah but defensively his positioning is suspect. not that it's his fault.