watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pre-season training

Started by Tom, April 06, 2010, 07:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Does anyone know where Fulham we be going for pre-season training?
Fulham for life!

WhiteJC

it won't be far as the World Cup is on

Tom

Quote from: WhiteJC on April 06, 2010, 08:48:56 AM
it won't be far as the World Cup is on
So you don't think it will be here is the U.S.?
Fulham for life!

The Doctor

I'm sure the club won't be doing a high-profile overseas friendly programme this year.  Not only is there the World Cup to factor in, but we still have a good chance of qualifying for next season's Europa League through the fair play league.  I'm not sure at which stage we'd enter the EL if this were the case, but I'd imagine maybe the 2nd or 3rd qualifying rounds.  This season we entered at the 3rd qualifying round and played our first game (Vetra away) on 30th July.  Maybe this will influence FFC's thinking?

Tor

Quote from: The Doctor on April 06, 2010, 10:15:19 AM
I'm sure the club won't be doing a high-profile overseas friendly programme this year.  Not only is there the World Cup to factor in, but we still have a good chance of qualifying for next season's Europa League through the fair play league.  I'm not sure at which stage we'd enter the EL if this were the case, but I'd imagine maybe the 2nd or 3rd qualifying rounds.  This season we entered at the 3rd qualifying round and played our first game (Vetra away) on 30th July.  Maybe this will influence FFC's thinking?

The Fair Play winners enter at the 1st qualifying round and we entered at the 3rd qualifying round for this season. The legs for the 1st qualifying round were 2nd and 9th July which is really early - if we qualify through the FPL and our season starts in early July I can't see us having a pre-season tour as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009%E2%80%9310_UEFA_Europa_League

GoldCoastWhite

Send 'em back to Oz ! I'm sure it was their stay that started the ball rolling for the brilliant season we've had so far. I'm sure my chats with Ray Lew' and Corked Hat's meeting Danny Murphy at the MCG played their part too  :033: But I'm sure they's prefer a stay in Adelaide this time, just for a change...

Tom

Quote from: The Doctor on April 06, 2010, 10:15:19 AM
When would we enter if we won Europa? Looks like no one has heard where we will have our pre-season training.
Fulham for life!

RidgeRider

There was another thread on this and don't mean to hijack, but if we win Europa, do we get an automatic bid back into the competition and if we do, my guess would be we would enter further into the competition than round 1?

Tom

Quote from: RidgeRider on April 06, 2010, 03:42:57 PM
There was another thread on this and don't mean to hijack, but if we win Europa, do we get an automatic back into the competition and if we do, my guess would be we would enter further into the competition than round 1?
I think you get an automatic bid if you win Europa RR. I don't know which round though.
Fulham for life!

Tom

I was really hoping they would come to the U.S.
Fulham for life!

FC Silver Fox

Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Tom

Fulham for life!

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Tom

Quote from: LBNo11 on April 06, 2010, 07:22:57 PM
http://www.bognor-regis.org/index2.html
Thanks LBNo11. I am still going to hold out hope that the come on tour here to the U.S.
Fulham for life!

FC Silver Fox

I suppose Bognor would be the English equivaent of having the pre-season tour at Coney Island, Tom.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Tom

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on April 07, 2010, 06:40:11 AM
I suppose Bognor would be the English equivaent of having the pre-season tour at Coney Island, Tom.
Thanks Silver Fox for clearing that up for me. Have the boys come visit me here in San Diego so they can get some good training in and enjoy the best weather on earth and relax with the beautiful women! They deserve it after this wonderful season. They have tired legs and need to relax.
Fulham for life!

CorkCity

I have it on good authority they will be coming to Ireland this summer.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

The Doctor

Quote from: Tom on April 06, 2010, 03:44:57 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on April 06, 2010, 03:42:57 PM
There was another thread on this and don't mean to hijack, but if we win Europa, do we get an automatic back into the competition and if we do, my guess would be we would enter further into the competition than round 1?
I think you get an automatic bid if you win Europa RR. I don't know which round though.

I think EL winners automatically go into the group stages of the Europa League for the next season

CorkedHat

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on April 07, 2010, 06:40:11 AM

Bloody hell Fox - that's stretching it a bit isn't it?
As the old King once said when told he was going to be taken to Bognor to convalesce, "Bugger Bognor" :011:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

LBNo11

Quote from: CorkCity on April 07, 2010, 12:14:28 PM
I have it on good authority they will be coming to Ireland this summer.

...as it happens CC, I have heard the same thing..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC