watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Away game coaches

Started by Tor, April 06, 2010, 09:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tor

I've never used the club coach(es) to get to away games before - does anyone know how much time you get to have a look around before and/or after a match? Or do the coaches arrive quite soon before kick off and leave straight after?

It's for a spot of drinking I might do...

FatFreddysCat

Official coaches are very gay  :046: .

NorfolkJim

You dont get a lot of time to visit the town. They tend to arrive with 1-2 hours to go to kick off. Afterwards they depart straight after the game.
As I like to visit the away location and make a full day of it, I rarely use the official coach, but if you only want to see the match or your on your own and on a budget, they're good value.

KCat

Gay ??? they are dull, dull, dull .....................
But I only went once,  to Old Trafford when we beat them 3-2.....................WE HAD JUST BEATEN UNITED .........
The coach does not give you any time after the game..
As Jim says it's nice to get there early (even the night before..) and get to see the area ...........
For example Wigan Pier was a revelation :) 

Tor

That's what I was thinking... I've always made my own way to away games but am starting to get a bit poor now so need to look at cheaper ways of doing it. Cheaper doesn't necessarily mean best though...

Thanks all.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: KCat on April 07, 2010, 09:29:49 AM
Gay ??? they are dull, dull, dull .....................
But I only went once,  to Old Trafford when we beat them 3-2.....................WE HAD JUST BEATEN UNITED .........
The coach does not give you any time after the game..
As Jim says it's nice to get there early (even the night before..) and get to see the area ...........
For example Wigan Pier was a revelation :) 

3-1 K Cat  :dft011: . Saying that i could have missed a goal, i definately missed our first as the traffic was horrendous around Birmingham and we almost turned back.

leonffc

CorkedHat

In the old days when we called them charabancs and away trips were run by a delightful woman called Mary, going to away games was a bit like going on a school trip.
There was no booze and if anyone got too rowdy Mary would be hovering over them with an admonishing finger. We sang some inane songs which had nothing to do with Fulham or Football like "My eyes are dim, I cannot see" and "Riding along on a crest of a wave" until all you wanted to do was to escape before your destination.
Although you tended to get to the ground in plenty of time you always got the hell out of the place in quick time.
Stopping off at a Motorway Café was not always without its problems because invariably you met supporters of other teams who wanted to mix it with you and because we were Fulham you were always considered easy meat. Supporters from such towering giants as Grays Athletic would have no problem in baiting us and if it hadn't been for Mary brandishing her rolled up newspaper at them we would have been beaten to a pulp.
When I could afford it, I started to use the train which was a much more civilised way of attending away matches – and quicker too.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us