News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A legend returns (Not Blingo in case you wondered - although he is also a legend

Started by Jimpav, April 06, 2010, 10:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

Pantsil played for the reserves tonight.  Brilliant news.

Looking forward to seeing his lap of
honour against Wolves.

FatFreddysCat

As the Yanks might sat. "Fecking A"  :54: . What great news.

Tom

Fulham for life!

FatFreddysCat

Lighthouse

John Pantsil returned to action as Fulham impressed once again and continued their recent fine form – but were denied three points as a result of Sylvan Ebanks-Blake's free-kick.

Pantsil, appearing in a Fulham shirt for the first time since late December following a knee injury suffered against Chelsea, was warmly welcomed back by the Fulham faithful.

Out of action for more than three months, Pantsil's commitment and endeavour was as evident as ever, winning key tackles and bounding forward at every opportunity.

In a fairly even start to proceedings, it was Fulham's Neil Etheridge that was the busier of the two goalkeepers, racing out to deny Sam Vokes and taking a testing cross from Sam Winnall.

Keanu Marsh-Brown and Danny Hoesen threatened at the other end, although chances remained at a premium, as Sylvan Ebanks-Blake looked to stretch the Whites' defence.

Having wrestled control from the visitors, who had a more than lively opening 20 minutes, Hoesen forced Aaron McCarey into his first real moment of action with a stinging free-kick, before Alex Smith blazed over on the edge of the box.

With Captain Matthew Briggs driving forward at every opportunity the Whites went in search of the breakthrough, with Billy McKinlay's side beginning to settle and playing the type of football that has seen them unbeaten in eight matches.

Centre-back Cheick Toure almost got his head to one corner from the left, while Christopher Buchtmann, Rob Milsom and Pantsil all had shots blocked by a wall of gold shirts.

Pantsil found himself in sight of goal again, but with just McCarey to beat the Ghanian right-back headed over when well placed.

With half-time approaching and with Fulham on top, Michael Uwezu went close too, flicking the ball over Sam Griffiths and volleying narrowly wide from the left of the area.

Nevertheless Kyle Bennett should have sent Wolves in front at the break firing wide with the goal at his mercy, while Marsh-Brown missed an equally promising chance striking straight at McCarey.

Toure rattled the crossbar with a leaping header in the closing stages, with a first-half goal proving elusive for both.

The second-half opened in similarly positive fashion, with Hoesen denied by an excellent last ditch tackle from Griffiths. Briggs could well have done better from Buchtmann's resulting corner, but his downward header was easily claimed by McCarey.

But Fulham were rewarded following a fantastic move down the left with Briggs and Buchtmann combining to find Uwezu, who duly squared for Hoesen to slot home a confident first time finish 11 minutes in.

Wolves could have had an immediate leveller if not for Etheridge's athleticism, with the 'keeper making an outstanding save to keep out Bennett's fierce drive.

Those in attendance gave Pantsil a round of applause when he left the action just after the hour mark, with the Fulham favourite looking good for his evening's work.

However, it was the visitors that were cheering next, with Ebanks-Blake drawing his side level with a superbly taken free-kick on 70 minutes, with his low strike nestling into the bottom right corner.

A goalmouth scramble almost gave Wolves a second going into the final 10 minutes, with Bennett and Vokes lurking in dangerous positions. Fulham were thankful for Briggs seeing the ball to safety.

Etheridge then had to be alert to get down well to a dipping strike from Bennett, while Toure showed his growing maturity to pick the pockets of Ebanks-Blake with the game closing out.

A quick-thinking free-kick from the African youngster then released Briggs on the left, and but his low centre edged passed the boot of Hoesen and then substitute Stefan Payne.

Payne then lashed over from a decent position in injury time, while Hoesen struck high from a free-kick on the left of the visitor's box.

Fulham certainly had chances, but this wasn't to be the victory that moments of their play suggested. That said, few would begrudge a lively Wolves a share of the points.

The draw keeps the Whites in third place, and does stretch an impressive unbeaten run to nine matches.

McKinlay's side travel to Barclays Premier Reserve League South leaders and last season's champions Aston Villa next Monday, before playing their last home fixture of the campaign at Motspur Park on Thursday, April 15th against Portsmouth, Kick-Off 7pm.

Fulham DS: Etheridge; Pantsil (Harris 64), Stoor, Toure, Briggs; Marsh-Brown, Milsom, Buchtmann, Smith; Uwezu (Payne 77), Hoesen. (Subs not used): Bettinelli, Pritchard, Pierre.

Wolves Reserves: McCarey; Davis, Griffiths, Dunleavy, Metcalf; Bennett, Castillo, Rooney, Winnall (Mendez-Laing 70); Vokes (Landell 90), Ebanks-Blake. (Subs not used): Gorman, Harris.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/April/ReservesvWolves.aspx#ixzz0kMjmCN0R
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

great news; I loves me some JP.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Steve_orino

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on April 06, 2010, 11:41:38 PM
Quote from: Tom on April 06, 2010, 11:37:03 PM
Did the reserves win?
No lost 2-0. Two Paintsil OG's.

Classic Fred, Classic!

Hughes & Paintsil - the two guys on the squad I relate to the most
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

CorkedHat

Dammit - when I saw the headline I thought Blingo had returned
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

RidgeRider

Quote from: CorkedHat on April 08, 2010, 06:56:19 AM
Dammit - when I saw the headline I thought Blingo had returned

Me too.   :026: