watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

1968 Fulham Line Up help needed please

Started by John Tudor, April 07, 2010, 12:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Tudor

Hi all, I need help in finding the Fulham Line Ups & Scorers for the following games please

Weds 13th March 1968 - Fulham 0 v 1 Sheff United - Div 2

Tues 23rd April 1968 - Sheff United 2 v 3 Fulham - Div 2

Tues 27th Aug 1968 - Sheff United 1 v 0 Fulham - Div 2

Weds 9th Oct 1968 - Fulham 2 v 2 Sheff United - Div 2

I realise its a big ask but I'm hoping some kind soul could help me please
Many thanks

LBNo11

Weds 13th March 1968 - Fulham 0 v 1 Sheff United - Div 2:-
SEYMOUR, BROWN, DEMPSEY, MATTHEWSON, NICHOLLS, CONWAT, HAYNES, CALLAGHAN, EARLE, CLARKE, BARRETT. SUB: KERRIGAN

McCLELLAND, NICHOLLS, RYAN, CALLAGHAN, MEALAND, BROWN, CONWAY, EARLE. CLARKE, GILROY, BARRETT. SUB:KERRIGAN
Scorers: Barrett, Gilroy and Conway (2-3 win)

SEYMOUR, PENTECOST, DEMPSEY, MATTHEWSON, RYAN, BROWN, CALLAGHAN, HAYNES, LARGE, BARRETT, MACDONALD

SEYMOUR, PENTECOST, DEMPSEY, MATTHEWSON, CALLAGHAN, BROWN, HAYNES, KERRIGAN, LARGE, MACDONALD, BARRETT. SUB: MULLEN
Scorers: Macdonald and Kerrigan

If you want the Blades scorers let me know I will check my archive...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

John Tudor

Quote from: LBNo11 on April 07, 2010, 12:32:56 PM
Weds 13th March 1968 - Fulham 0 v 1 Sheff United - Div 2:-
SEYMOUR, BROWN, DEMPSEY, MATTHEWSON, NICHOLLS, CONWAT, HAYNES, CALLAGHAN, EARLE, CLARKE, BARRETT. SUB: KERRIGAN

McCLELLAND, NICHOLLS, RYAN, CALLAGHAN, MEALAND, BROWN, CONWAY, EARLE. CLARKE, GILROY, BARRETT. SUB:KERRIGAN
Scorers: Barrett, Gilroy and Conway (2-3 win)

SEYMOUR, PENTECOST, DEMPSEY, MATTHEWSON, RYAN, BROWN, CALLAGHAN, HAYNES, LARGE, BARRETT, MACDONALD

SEYMOUR, PENTECOST, DEMPSEY, MATTHEWSON, CALLAGHAN, BROWN, HAYNES, KERRIGAN, LARGE, MACDONALD, BARRETT. SUB: MULLEN
Scorers: Macdonald and Kerrigan

If you want the Blades scorers let me know I will check my archive...

Thank you ever so much, I really appreciate your help. I have all the United info I need thanks. I have been after this for ages, you've made my day
Thanks again
JT

Lighthouse

You haven't made my day LB as I have been straining my eyes to see the teams. Sadly several minutes too late. You swine.   :53:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LBNo11

...my pleasure John. and Lighthouse, should have gone to Specsavers!

Interesting to note that the game played on the 27th of August we had no subs, and Les Barrett (normally number 11 - have I mentioned this before?) played at number 10 and there was no number 11 with Malcolm Macdonald starting as a substitute, we were badly hit by injuries, and in those days you young'ns we only had one substitute allowed...

PS: and former Blades player Reg Matthewson, played in three of those games, he was a quality player...

CorkedHat

Having received the information you required I doubt whether you will return to this MB but if you do Mr Tudor, will you please confirm that you are the John Tudor that played for Sheffield United and a few other clubs as well.
If so I remember you very well and I trust that you are keeping well.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Lighthouse

Yes John Tudor played for Coventry, Newcastle and Stoke as well as the Blades. I remember him very well playing for the Toon as a few of my mates at the time were Newcastle fans.

LBNo11

...I thought the name rang a bell, here is the very same playing against WHU and our very own Bobby Moore:-

CorkedHat

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 07, 2010, 12:53:15 PM
Yes John Tudor played for Coventry, Newcastle and Stoke as well as the Blades. I remember him very well playing for the Toon as a few of my mates at the time were Newcastle fans.

We have a bloke on this Board called Les Barrett but the nearest he got to playing for Fulham was when he shook hands with Mo at the JH Statue unveiling.
I know John Tudor played football - I said so in my post - but is this THE John Tudor or someone using his name?

Lighthouse

I would imagine it is not THE John Tudor. But nevertheless it has got the old brain cells working.

finnster01

Sorry I can't be of any help, but the last Tudor I am aware of playing football was Henry VIII 
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

CorkedHat

Quote from: finnster01 on April 07, 2010, 01:23:07 PM
Sorry I can't be of any help, but the last Tudor I am aware of playing football was Henry VIII 

Using the head of a couple of his wives as a ball, I hear!

HatterDon

Quote from: CorkedHat on April 07, 2010, 01:33:45 PM

from what I've read, Jane Seymour had the best head of all.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Logicalman

Quote from: HatterDon on April 07, 2010, 01:55:37 PM
Quote from: CorkedHat on April 07, 2010, 01:33:45 PM

from what I've read, Jane Seymour had the best head of all.

Wonderful actress, and very beautiful too, to boot.

Dragoman

When his playin career ended he became the manager of Hampton Court Albion but he wasn't a good manager as he was always chopping and changing... You might say he founded the rotation system.

CorkedHat

Quote from: Dragoman on April 07, 2010, 02:21:26 PM

When his playin career ended he became the manager of Hampton Court Albion but he wasn't a good manager as he was always chopping and changing... You might say he founded the rotation system.

Do you remember old Sid James in a skit where he was playing Henry V111. One of his courtiers asks him where he's been. "I've been out for a walk," says Henry.  "Hampton Court?" asks the courtier.  "No,"says Henry, "I always walk this way".

John Tudor

Quote from: CorkedHat on April 07, 2010, 12:49:55 PM
Having received the information you required I doubt whether you will return to this MB but if you do Mr Tudor, will you please confirm that you are the John Tudor that played for Sheffield United and a few other clubs as well.
If so I remember you very well and I trust that you are keeping well.

I am an admirer of John Tudor, quite a few people forget that Tudor played for Sheffield United [obviously not on this board], alas he was just before my time so I never got to see him in a Blades shirt, but I have studied United's history books and cant believe we let him go. He played something like 78 games and scored 39 goals for us before we 'gave' him away to Newcastle in exchange for a ex We*nes*ay player [David Ford] and a keeper that lost his confidence not long after joining us [John Hope].
My real hero who I have seen play is Tony Currie....A Quality player...

Lighthouse

Saw Tony Currie play many times and was one of the great individual players. Sadly we speak of him in whispers here because he went onto to play for QPHAHA but we will try not to remember that mistake.

The Equalizer

Quote from: CorkedHat on April 07, 2010, 02:28:59 PM
Do you remember old Sid James in a skit where he was playing Henry V111. One of his courtiers asks him where he's been. "I've been out for a walk," says Henry.  "Hampton Court?" asks the courtier.  "No,"says Henry, "I always walk this way".

:005: Brilliant CH!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

LBNo11

...does anyone remember that picture of Tony Currie and Alan Birchenall sitting on the pitch next to each other after a challenge and giving each other a kiss!

Just out of interest JT, how did you get to find this message board..?