watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Interesting Dempsey radio interview

Started by MasterHaynes, July 28, 2012, 10:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterHaynes

I was really surprised by what Clint said and didn't say in this interview on USA radio station from a few weeks ago . Clint comes on the phone after 3 minutes gets very interesting from 5.50.  

Very enlightening, something to talk about on the way upto Wycombe

Clint Dempsey on Dan Patrick Show

Jambo

The most obvious sign that he is leaving.  Bye Clint.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

TonyGilroy

Not sure.

It's definitely Champions League he's targeting and that's not Liverpool. Rather than go there now he might be better off having another good season with us and seeing what offers he gets when he's a free agent.

How happy we'd be with that is another question of course.

zzamora

The fact of the matter is that he might want to leave, but who to say a Champions League team will take him?

We have received no bids so far, and he is, quite frankly, old compared to other targets.

General

the american media are relentless in pushing him to move from Fulham it's shameful/shameless and also extremely disrespectful to everything that Fulham stands for as a club especially considering the opportunity Fulham gave him.

look, we all know Dempsey wants to play Champions League football but for him to be talking about it so openly with the american media and being put on the spot so much surely is something the club should be looking to restrict. I'm sure the club would be within their rights.

Him talking about moving to a different club etc and the flippant attitude to the american media towards the club with such disrespect will effect others opinions in the U.S a fastly growing market about our club.

It's almost as worse as Dempsey saying that he loves the club, kissing the badge and then insulting us when he leaves in the way he's respecting the club.

And the way the american media say that he's got one year and then he's going to leave. Almost worthy of writing a strong worded letter to the producers and suing!

Terry Angus

this reinforces waht i've said just said on other posts. clint is a reasonably good player, he's had a great season, the goal against juve was a great moment in our history and he can be proud to have been a part of that team

...but if he really wants to play for a 'bigger' club, he neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds to just bloody do one. then see what happens. prat. i'll give it a year before liverpool sell him to reading to £2.5m.

NogoodBoyo

What happens if no champion's league club comes in for him?  A distinct possibility.  If Fulham's management see or hear this interview, they won't be too pleased.
Nogood "adios clint, but I hope we get a big fee, isit" Boyo

Berserker

I would imagine the club will become aware of it
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Hamertime

Pretty stupid interview from Dan Patrick. He assumes that by going to Arsenal it means he's going to end up playing against Cristiano Ronaldo? Sounds like Clint was in an interview with someone who doesn't understand the sport and just tried to come off as likeable. Obviously Clint would do anything for the chance to play in the Champions League, as we all would, but I don't find it offensive as a Fulham fan.

LordNelson

This is starting to sound like a 13 year old girl's pitty party-- upset that her boy friend was holding hands with one of her girlfriends.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

BestOfBrede

Childish or not, I would not play a player that was nothing until nurtured by, stood by (when not having a great time), and respected by us and now has the audacity to speak publicly about wanting to leave us! Goodbye Clint, thanks for the memories and good luck to you. (if it all goes tits up then you've gone down the Same path as many before you that thought the grass was greener, then hard cheese pal!)

YankeeJim

The interview was from May. Nothing to see here. Move along like good chaps.  :dead horse:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 29, 2012, 12:36:39 AM
The interview was from May. Nothing to see here. Move along like good chaps.  :dead horse:
Quote from: YankeeJim on July 29, 2012, 12:36:39 AM
It doesn't matter whether it was the last week of May or July Dempseys response and lack of reaction to Dan Patrick statement of WHEN you leave Fulham was to effectively agree by talking about continuing to progress upwards and test himself at the highest level.
When DP suggested he might be playing with Suarez or would definitely be moving to Arsenal soon his reactions and response were not one of a player who was thinking about staying but was just waiting for a call. His complete non appearances in any friendly through 'injury' yet still training and travelling with the squad seems to be very reminiscent of the AJ situation end of last season

Pretty well all US athletes are trained in college to talk with press so I'm sure he could have given some more ambivalent answers had he wanted to. I hope he gets the move he craves this summer but he could be left with a lot of egg on his face and have to prove himself all over again to the other players in the squad who have been playing with the new players

Berserker

Oh i think he'll go when the terms are right. Also agree the situation of AJ end of last season is very familiar to this one. I've resigned myself to the inevitable so much now, that i'm concentrating on our friendlies, other team members old and new and not including Clint in Fulham's future. Bit sad but i've moved on in my mind.

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Berserker

Also i'll add that i don't think badly of Clint for all of this talk of Champions league, if a players good enough it's what they naturally want

- Martin Luther King Jr.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Berserker on July 29, 2012, 10:09:00 AM
Also i'll add that i don't think badly of Clint for all of this talk of Champions league, if a players good enough it's what they naturally want

Yep but he aint gonna get that at liverpool ,if we beat spurs we would`ve finished above them. Personally hate all these protracted transfer speculations, starting to wish he`d bugger off and we can all move on and I mean that with the greatest respect to him because he`s been a big success at Fulham.

HatterDon

Quote from: MasterHaynes on July 29, 2012, 09:11:07 AM

His complete non appearances in any friendly through 'injury' yet still training and travelling with the squad seems to be very reminiscent of the AJ situation end of last season

It is good to point out that

a. the injury occurred in England
b. Dempsey trained until he was fit
c. he had two matches where he only played part of the match
d. and then he started
e. JK used the friendlies to blood a lot of new/fringe players to see if they were up to it.
f. What followed the friendlies were World Cup qualifiers -- infinitely more important than friendlies -- and he appeared in all of them.

So, his "injury" was more of an injury, and there's nothing sinister about any of it. Unless, of course, you're a conspiracy theorist, or you're looking for a reason to dislike a player.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Berserker

Put me in the conspiricy camp Hatterdon, always been one of those. Definitly don't dislike Clint, he's a bit of a hero to me, wan't him to stay with us, understand though if he goes.

- Martin Luther King Jr.

YankeeJim

The nature of football today is the constant movement of players. Dempsey has been here since 2007, making him the senior man at FFC. How many of today's players have been at a club as long as Clint? I want him to stay so that at this time next year the chorus of "he only scored 12, he's past his prime, dump him", can replace all the "he's leaving" posts. Just like they replaced the 'falls down to easy" nonsense of last year. He has given us good service. He didn't run his mouth like AJ or sulk like BZ. If he goes, via con Dios & thanks for your service. The first trip back to the Cottage, we'll cheer him. The next time he's just be the enemy.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

MasterHaynes

What I meant by AJ situation was that once AJ refused to sign the contract offered Jol decided he was no longer in his plans and just kept saying he was 'injured' to justify why he was not in the squad. Low and behold AJ says he was fit. Until the other day no one knew why Demp's did not play in any of the freindlies but on sky today Jol says Demps was tired after his trip back from USA now over two weeks ago.
I like Demps, think he has developed into a very good player and his great attitude and application was highlighted by Danny in one post game interview at the end of last season. I was sure he would still be here next season as I couldn't see a CL team buying him and thought he would be happy to stay but that is not the impression I get from this interview, sounded like he was convinced he was leaving us. Fair enough, sorry to see him go but I have always thought he would be the bigger loser out of the two of us if he left.