watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dempsey hasn't travelled to Germany

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, April 07, 2010, 06:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brede Butter Pudding

Just been confirmed on SSN - groin injury. That's not good at all. What will the team be now? I reckon:

Schwarzer

Baird   Hughes   Hangeland    Konchesky

Duff    Etuhu    Murphy     Davies

Gera 

Zamora

Bring on Riise nearer the end I reckon to give us some fresh legs

SuffolkWhite

That's a shame, I think your right with the team selection.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Tom

It is a shame! They are probably doing the same thing they did with Bobby this past weekend. No need to risk him if he has a slight knock. I bet he will play on Sunday. Get better Clint!
Fulham for life!

Brede Butter Pudding

He's looked a bit out of sorts since returning from injury, hasn't been himself against Wolfsburg or Wigan which is understandable. I would definitely start Baird at RB, not only does he offer us some of Dempsey's aerial ability but is also far more defence minded than Kelly

jarv

I just read Zamora still 50/50.  If so, maybe move Duff up to partner Gera. He has played that position with Ireland and Newcastle I believe.

Brede Butter Pudding

Where have you read that Jarv? If Bobatov is out, we are in a real pickle as Dempsey would be Roy's second choice up front. If Bobatov is out, Nevland will start in place of Bobatov and will partner Gera, but that offers so much less up front that with Bobby in the team. If he is indeed missing we could be in real trouble

LordNelson

BLOODY HELL THIS IS PISSING ME OFF.   :035:
Feels like I've lost me right arm all over again.
Well, we did it against Shaktar without the Deuce--so let's give it to these Krauts and get to the semi's, and get the lad healthy.
I hope that Wigan tart get's food poisoning and soils himself in the centre circle.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Brede Butter Pudding

Apparently Bobatov SHOULD play but no guarantees

KCat

It is not a big deal if Dempsey or Davies does not play and murphy for that matter  ...........we did great without them against stiffer opposition  in the earlier stages
Kelly will play, you all need to get over it , he has played very well in Europe in particular at away games
Hangeland is very comfortable with him ......far more than with Konchesky.
I   hope Baird is saved to take over from Murphy in mid field,  Baird at right back (against Citti) looked like the Sanchez Baird  not the Roy - Baird, keep him at mid.   There is no doubt Bobby will be fit it's just a game, big bob will be out there ready to have a good go
Come on the lads   

HatterDon

Roy said that Dempsey was hurt when he wasn't fouled by Bramble and so didn't get a penalty in the waning minutes of the Wigan match. He'll miss both Wolfsburg AND Liverpool and possibly more matches.

Sucks, man.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Tor

Quote from: KCat on April 07, 2010, 09:43:46 PM
It is not a big deal if Dempsey or Davies does not play and murphy for that matter  ...........we did great without them against stiffer opposition  in the earlier stages
Kelly will play, you all need to get over it , he has played very well in Europe in particular at away games
I   hope Baird is saved to take over from Murphy in mid field,  Baird at right back (against Citti) looked like the Sanchez Baird  not the Roy - Baird, keep him at mid.   There is no doubt Bobby will be fit it's just a game, big bob will be out there ready to have a good go
Come on the lads   

You're right, we've done brilliantly without him so we shouldn't worry. Would still be nice to have him as an option though.

Tom

Quote from: HatterDon on April 07, 2010, 10:15:29 PM
Roy said that Dempsey was hurt when he wasn't fouled by Bramble and so didn't get a penalty in the waning minutes of the Wigan match. He'll miss both Wolfsburg AND Liverpool and possibly more matches.

Sucks, man.
That does suck if he misses any more games.
Fulham for life!

FatFreddysCat

On the plus side Fat Fred is travelling to the Bosche and will be the 12th and 13th man  :54: . Can everyone cheer up a bit we are defo going through, my dreams have fortold it. If it all comes true and we lose to the thieves in the final i may well start a cult.

RidgeRider

Quote from: KCat on April 07, 2010, 09:43:46 PM
Come on the lads   

I agree with everything you said EXCEPT your comment about Konch. Leave him alone, he is a VERY good player and our best left back.  :dft011:

Lighthouse

Elm and Dempsey did not travel. Dempsey may be out for some time. The injury could drag on and Roy is rightly bitter that we did not receive a penalty after that legal foul. So we are short up front. Kelly did travel and BZ is out there but has not yet trained (unless he did so tonight)

So we are up against it. But then this Fulham team is used to that.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

There was film of The Z-Bird in training at W-burg on SSN today.

Tom

Quote from: HatterDon on April 08, 2010, 02:32:31 AM
There was film of The Z-Bird in training at W-burg on SSN today.
How did he look and what did they say Don?
Fulham for life!

HatterDon

They said he "had a chance of featuring." I think that he'll start and I think that we'll kick their butts.

Me? I'll be at The Lion & Rose's Broadway location here in San Antonio, quaffing some Fullers ESB and watching the Mighty Whites go on to the next round!

Tom

Quote from: HatterDon on April 08, 2010, 04:54:54 AM
They said he "had a chance of featuring." I think that he'll start and I think that we'll kick their butts.

Me? I'll be at The Lion & Rose's Broadway location here in San Antonio, quaffing some Fullers ESB and watching the Mighty Whites go on to the next round!
Thanks Don. Have a couple drinks for me and down them firefighter!!!
Fulham for life!