more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Norfolk Jims enormously long wolfsburg musings

Started by NorfolkJim, April 10, 2010, 10:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

FatFreddysCat

Superb again Jim, i'll give a poor imitation tomorrow.

Scrumpy

:045:
Thanks Jim. Much appreciated by those of us that did not manage this one. It's funny how there is as much joy in the travel, as the match itself.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

NorfolkJim

Quote from: Scrumpy on April 10, 2010, 11:04:52 PM
Thanks Jim. Much appreciated by those of us that did not manage this one. It's funny how there is as much joy in the travel, as the match itself.

Well for me there is - its always been about so much more than the 90 minutes for me. I love travelling, experiencing new places and new ways. I'm a bit of an anorak as I love planes and trains and can spend happy hours just being at an airport, which I appreciate is often seen as a drag for other more "normal" people. I will happily take the longest, most involved route I can find just for the experience. If people judge me by the cover I'm told I come over as miserable, unfriendly and intimidating, but in fact inside I am happy and like to meet people and I think I am a friendly kind sort of man. True, I have a past but the years have softened me.
You have to get as much pleasure out of what you do as you can, and everyones different. So if getting there as fast as you can and setting up camp in a pub is your thing - good for you. I just love to travel and the more of a place I can take in while I'm there, the happier I be.
Just glad that a few people here find my writing of any interest as could I live my life over, I think I'd have gone in for a journalistic career. Just think - going places, doing things, writing about it and then being paid for it!

Tom

Quote from: NorfolkJim on April 11, 2010, 08:05:59 AM

Well for me there is - its always been about so much more than the 90 minutes for me. I love travelling, experiencing new places and new ways. I'm a bit of an anorak as I love planes and trains and can spend happy hours just being at an airport, which I appreciate is often seen as a drag for other more "normal" people. I will happily take the longest, most involved route I can find just for the experience. If people judge me by the cover I'm told I come over as miserable, unfriendly and intimidating, but in fact inside I am happy and like to meet people and I think I am a friendly kind sort of man. True, I have a past but the years have softened me.
You have to get as much pleasure out of what you do as you can, and everyones different. So if getting there as fast as you can and setting up camp in a pub is your thing - good for you. I just love to travel and the more of a place I can take in while I'm there, the happier I be.
Just glad that a few people here find my writing of any interest as could I live my life over, I think I'd have gone in for a journalistic career. Just think - going places, doing things, writing about it and then being paid for it!
Jim, you sound like a great guy! I love reading about your travels. I love to travel myself and can't wait to get back over to the UK and my second home the Cottage.
Fulham for life!

GoldCoastWhite

Norfolk and Fulham's Bill Bryson ? Or more Paul Theroux ? I love reading anything by either of those gents, which reminds me I haven't joined the local library yet... - And there's always the blogging option Jim.

Pata

Well for me there is - its always been about so much more than the 90 minutes for me. I love travelling, experiencing new places and new ways.
And this is what European aways are all about.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse