watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Has Jimmy Lost It?

Started by Peabody, April 10, 2010, 09:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

This is true, Hull fans are complaining that Jimmy Bullard was hung-over today after spending friday night on the booze. If true, what is he playing at? surely that is very unprofessional.

Jimpav

I feel sorry for Jimmy if this is true. He made a mistake going to Hull and has been punished dearly. Can only hope that he can salvage his career.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Cluck Cluck Cluck-thats the sound of chickens coming home to roost :54:,it all our fault for doing so well with out him,the poor little spitting image puppet faced idiot,
Their are 2 Fulham secrets that he has learnt to his cost-1) Nobody,and I mean NOBODY is bigger than Fulham Football Club-2)Pull your weight,play to the plan and do as your told and everybody wins,don't and your gone :028:

Lighthouse

Injury is an awful shame and ruined a great player. But he left Wigan for us because he had to come to London and he left us for Hull because we didn't offer him a new contract when he had only a year to go.

He likes practical jokes and his agent is certainly laughing all the way to the bank.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tom

Quote from: Jimpav on April 10, 2010, 09:12:23 PM
I feel sorry for Jimmy if this is true. He made a mistake going to Hull and has been punished dearly. Can only hope that he can salvage his career.
I don't feel sorry for Jimmy at all, he is a pr!ck and a greedy bastard! He brought all this upon himself, nobody else. I wouldn't shed a tear if he couldn't salvage his career.  :dft004:  Guy is an assclown and acts like it too!
Fulham for life!

Peabody

Quote from: Tom on April 10, 2010, 09:43:17 PM
I don't feel sorry for Jimmy at all, he is a pr!ck and a greedy bastard! He brought all this upon himself, nobody else. I wouldn't shed a tear if he couldn't salvage his career.  :dft004:  Guy is an assclown and acts like it too!

You know him then do you?

mofulham

Quote from: Tom on April 10, 2010, 09:43:17 PM

"assclown"  did you make that word up just for jimmay?  puurrrrfect

NorfolkJim

Maybe he's regretting moving to that "bigger club". All the more so when he looks and sees that he'll be on the the transfer list soon with probably no takers so a season of 2nd tier football for him in August, while "Little" Fulham are in the Semi Finals against Hamburg.

Add to that Ian Dowie as manager

Add to that, he isnt loved in the dressing room it appears

Grass - Greener - Greener - Grass.

blingo

In life, NO ONE gets it right all of the time. JB made his choice, so now he has to live with it. I am sure there will be pangs of regret somewhere in there, but I ask all of you. If you could go and do the same job as you are doing now but increase your salary by nearly 50%, would you do it? His mistake was in shooting his mouth off in the way he did, but I dont think he's a bad guy and ok maybe he should have engaged his brain before his mouth, but then its all part of life isn't it? I don't wish him harm but I do believe he is bitterly regretting his choice from a footballing point of view, but certainly not from a financial one.

ScalleysDad

Looking at what the new partnership of Hodgson, Lewington, Jennings and co, have done with the likes of Gera and BZ ,who were not on our legends to be list by a long long way last season, the Boy Bullard must have been giving off some pretty poor vibes to be discarded without so much as a whimper. I don't recall any bartering about the fee and it waqs probably the easiest money his agent ever made. I had heard about a JB fracas or two at Motspur Park which Roys disciplinarian style could have coped with but ultimately I think the negative impact on the team and the dressing room and the Me Me Me attitude did for JB. When BZ hinted at a move, and this was the well below par BZ, he got the comforting arm and was told he was wanted. I remember Roy on a post match interview nearly rubbing his chin off when questioned about JB's future so there must have been a monumental clash of opposites. Certainly we got the better end of it n'est pas.
Thanks for the Villa goal,that cross and for looking out for Scalley when she was the team mascot but so long and goodbye. .............. and sort that head out !!!!  

CorkedHat

All what you say is probably true Mr B, but what alienates him from me is the fact that he told Wigan that he couldn't settle in the North and then moves back to the North. This is after Fulham nursed him through a bad injury.
Secondly he talked about going to a bigger club - but Hull has an average gate the same as ours (actually they have about 380 more spectators per game than we do, but that hardly warrants the term "big club").
If he had simply said "I am moving for more money and I admit that I have no loyalty to any club including Fulham," then at least he would have been honest and we could have appreciated his candidness.
Thank God there are people in this world who believe that loyalty is sometimes worth more than an extra quid or two - but Bullard, unlike Haynes for example, isn't one of them.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

TonyGilroy

Surely the bigger question is whether he's doing right by Hull.

If it's true that he was hungover for yesterday's match then it's a disgrace.

VicHalomsLovechild

Mr Roy's style of management and play was never going to work for JB. Mr Roy gives each player a set of guide lines and rules and that's got us the results and the great European Tour. The only player I can think of in the currant team who is likely to do something different is Zoltan.
When we were in danger of going down and Mr Roy was trying to get the team playing to his system and still losing more than we won, we were crying out for JB to save us. Because at that time he looked like the only player on the field who had an idea and wanted to win. When Mr Roy's plans started to go right and (I guess) the pressure on JB to fit into the team increased (and the new contract talks weren't going JB's way) did he start to act up.
Maybe a bit childish in hindsight and while the "bigger club" comment didn't do him any favours with us they probably gained him plenty of brownie points with his new employers.
As a footballer you have to admit he's given us some wonderful memories. His injuries and his lapses of judgement have robbed everybody (including himself) of a great deal more.

FatFreddysCat

To be honest i find it a bit hard to believe he played with a hangover, it only takes one person to start a rumour and then it's suddenly taken as read by thousands that it's true. For some reason i got a text telling me John Venables new name and i'm sure a few of you recieved the same thing (why tell me anyhow if he lives in fleetwood) . Anyhow a few days later some fella is in the paper saying how it's false and it's ruined his life. Nasty things rumours and most of the time a load of bollocks.

jarv

why so much interest in Bullard?
1. He was not a Fulham player for long, therefore no legend.
2. He didn't play that much. (injury)
3. Fulham received a handsome amount for a crocked player.

I do think, a fit JB would have enjoyed playing in the current team but he is history.

FORGET HIM., not worth the postings. Too many positives to focus on. By the way, my son met him once on a night out and yes, his personality leaves a bit to be desired.