watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Southampton Vs Fulham Match Thread

Started by Azeedo, October 07, 2012, 02:57:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LukeJennings

Not sure why Kaca came off, could have been 3 down at half time, much improved second half just lost concentration right at the end, referee was awful first half but better in the second. I would have taken a point given our injuries at the start of the game, just annoying to concede late on after what seemed the winner we scored.

One thing that really did annoy me today.. Ruiz, yes we all know he can take on players but why try to prove it by doing one or two then turning around to do it again?! Was easily taken off the ball today, didn't pass anywhere near enough as he should have, and he NEVER moves off the ball, he needs to do one player then run into space, I've seen him do it before. I never moan about Ruiz but he did annoy me today. But also he shown positives in the aspect that he could take players out of the game, but he did not support Rodallega enough today and did not run anywhere near enough.

One more moan, hangelands long balls. Enough said.

I shall end it on a very positive point though, Karagounis looked a complete player when he came on, reminded me of a mix of Murphs and Diarra.

As I stated before I would have taken a point, shame it wasn't 3 but it could have easily been 0 so on to the next one! Enjoy the point and get behind he lads like we always do for the next game.

WE ARE FULHAM
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

Denver Fulham

Schneiderlin not getting a second yellow was ridiculous. 100% clear yellow card foul with him already on a yellow. Totally bottled.

Karagounis was clearly fouled right before Richardson stupidly conceded the free kick that led to the equalizer. Awful again.

All that said, a draw probably was the right result. Shame that we keep conceding late, Hangeland and Schwarzer were abysmal, we were poor in the first 45, etc. It was a battle between a bad team and an injured team. We have two weeks to get healthy and we'll be much better against Villa at home on the 20th. I feel like we'll win that one and also win at Reading, assuming Berba's there.

Given all the upheaval and all the injuries in key spots, I'll certainly take 10 points from seven matches, already having played at United and vs City. Now let's improve from here as our options increase on the roster...

Ordar

Good points Luke.

Ruiz was so annoying. I'm Not sure he's going to make it. I much prefer Berba Rod partnership.

I sometimes think people on here thrive on doom and gloom. First half we were poor, second we decimated them.

Set pieces are a worry though, and Hangland has been awful all season. No one can argue that. Is Douglas still available?

grandad

Yoshida clearly handled the ball on the line & there were another couple in the pen area that on another day would have been given. When are we going to stop letting in goals at the death? This has been going on for years. Three points were there for the taking but I suppose we should be happy after the 1st half to come away with one.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Jimbobob

Possession
Southampton 57%
Fulham 43%

Dominated us in possession. Sorry this was horse crap performance if we would ever man up on the road this would have been an easy three.

"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

LukeJennings

I completely agree with the Hangeland and Schwarz comments, would be good to buy a new cb preferably Douglas in January, but how many games have H + S been soooo good for us. Keep the faith guys, we could have easily lost this game but we got a point, we shown some fight in the second half, with the likes of berba petric Frei and dejagah back in the squad we will be a much improved side.
Twitter; @lukealele

Please subscribe!

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Denver Fulham on October 07, 2012, 04:15:19 PM
Schneiderlin not getting a second yellow was ridiculous. 100% clear yellow card foul with him already on a yellow. Totally bottled.

Karagounis was clearly fouled right before Richardson stupidly conceded the free kick that led to the equalizer. Awful again.

All that said, a draw probably was the right result. Shame that we keep conceding late, Hangeland and Schwarzer were abysmal, we were poor in the first 45, etc. It was a battle between a bad team and an injured team. We have two weeks to get healthy and we'll be much better against Villa at home on the 20th. I feel like we'll win that one and also win at Reading, assuming Berba's there.

Given all the upheaval and all the injuries in key spots, I'll certainly take 10 points from seven matches, already having played at United and vs City. Now let's improve from here as our options increase on the roster...
Awful refereeing, what you expect from Clattenburg only he can know how he arrives at some of his decisions but he has given us some favourable decisions in the past, one very inportant game against Blackburn at home under Hughes when he denied them one and gave us one.

elgreenio

One little thing I noticed today, when we have a corner Riether is the one hanging on the edge of the box with Riise on the halfway line. Would have thought it would make sense switching those two so the Norwegian could have a pop if it falls to him, strange, though our set pieces generally lack strategy

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
touch my camera through the fence

L-Wizzy

Quote from: elgreenio on October 07, 2012, 06:06:15 PM
One little thing I noticed today, when we have a corner Riether is the one hanging on the edge of the box with Riise on the halfway line. Would have thought it would make sense switching those two so the Norwegian could have a pop if it falls to him, strange, though our set pieces generally lack strategy

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

because riise is taller, if they clear the ball we can header it back
Twitter: @officialslimwiz

Senior Supporter

Quote from: Jimbobob on October 07, 2012, 04:44:18 PM

Possession
Southampton 57%
Fulham 43%

Dominated us in possession. Sorry this was horse crap performance if we would ever man up on the road this would have been an easy three.

I don't know where you got those stats, but they're rubbish.

Opta say 42% possession to them and 58% to us and, having been at the match, that confirms what I saw. We dominated possession in the second half particularly.

Bertie Wooster

I think  our performance was very disappointed today, we have been foreseeable for  the entire game, we were lucky to score with two own goals and we shouldn't concede their equalizer in the last minute.

LukeJennings

Oh one more thing, Riise looked VERY shaky today, Briggs to get a chance maybe?
Twitter; @lukealele

Please subscribe!

cebu

Quote from: Senior Supporter on October 07, 2012, 08:37:49 PM
Quote from: Jimbobob on October 07, 2012, 04:44:18 PM

Possession
Southampton 57%
Fulham 43%

I don't know where you got those stats, but they're rubbish.

Opta say 42% possession to them and 58% to us and, having been at the match, that confirms what I saw. We dominated possession in the second half particularly.

Fair enough, but the 57/43 stats were still being quoted on TV as late as MOTD2 - so you can understand where the false info was coming from.