watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bloody football injuries

Started by FatFreddysCat, April 16, 2010, 08:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDon

What can a fat bloke in his 40`s do about heel pain?

Rest until there is no more heel pain
Pad the heel of shoes with a shock absorbing insole or heel pad
Replace running shoes if they are old (more than 400 miles of running) or the soles are weakened through use
Treatment
A sports injury professional will confirm the diagnosis
Advise on insoles (orthotics) or heel pads to protect the fat pad in the heel
Tape the heel to provide pain relief and compress the soft tissue under the heel giving more protection to the bone
How long will it take to recover?
If you catch heel pain early and rest then it should recover quite quickly - within a few days. If you ignore the first onset of pain and the fat pad gets damaged beyond easy repair then this is a very difficult injury to treat. Rest means rest. There is no point you stopping running for a week if you put up scaffolding for a living and are on your feet every day. If you have to be on your feet then ensure you put a shock absorbing and cushioning heel insert into your shoes. :038:

leonffc

I managed to take a patch of skin the size of Wales from my right thigh on Saturday. I then had to peel the bed sheets off my puss wound to play Sunday (bandaged up of course) and fell on it straight away. I eased my way through Tuesdays game though.
At 35 I too am facing the same questions as I hobble around wincing as another bit of scab catches my boxers. "Aren't you too old for that now"?

FatFreddysCat

Only just in the 40's Don  :56: . I got something called mallet finger saving a shot in five a side, i didn't keep the splint thing on long enough and my finger is slighty bent, and it aches in the cold, defo arthritis when i'm older. I've got that arnica cream, £6 a tube.

FatFreddysCat

Thanks again to Huge and LB, that arnica cream has really helped, i think i should be able to do a bit of work tomorrow. Oh and thanks to the hundreds of PM's i recieved wishing me a speedy recovery, your concern and support is very touching, but dont worry, i'll be ok  :54: .