watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pantsil Out Of Europa After Admin Cock-Up

Started by White Noise, April 16, 2010, 03:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/football-ealing/fulham-fc-ealing/2010/04/16/fulham-suffer-john-pantsil-euro-blow-82029-26258757/

Fulham suffer John Pantsil Euro blow

16 2010 By Jacob Murtagh

John Pantsil

JOHN Pantsil has been ruled out of the rest of Fulham's Europa League campaign.

Roy Hodgson revealed at today's press conference that the Ghanaian isn't available for next week's semi-final with Hamburg - or the final if they get there - because he wasn't registered in time for March's deadline.

The news is a big blow for the club, who have fielded Chris Baird, Stephen Kelly and Simon Davies at right-back in Pantsil's absence.

The former West Ham full-back is now back to full fitness after recovering from a knee injury, and could feature against Wolves tomorrow.

epsomraver

In some respects WN it could be a blessing in disguise, why change a winning team and who do you drop? Baird?

FatFreddysCat

FFS  :dft007:.  I hope whoever is responsible gets the sack  :014: .

TonyGilroy

I guess it's a mixture of him not expected to be fit this season and us not expecting to still be in it.

No point using up a squad place with someone not fit to play.

LRCN

It wasn't a cock up, if pantsil was registered it would have meant someone misses out on juventus and wolfsburg. and at least it solves one issue, baird gets what he deserves without any argument.

White Noise

It must be a cock-up. Pantsil said earlier this week that he was very much looking forward to playing his part in Europe.

finnster01

Quote from: TonyGilroy on April 16, 2010, 03:40:30 PM
I guess it's a mixture of him not expected to be fit this season and us not expecting to still be in it.

No point using up a squad place with someone not fit to play.
But the fact remains he is now fit to play.

Massive blunder. No excuses.

Inexcusable, unprofessional and would be on the same level as if someone forgot to fill in the necessary paperwork so I could not send one of my consultants to work legally on a project overseas (which I often have to do). If that isn't done, somebody will indeed be told to go as it is part of their job description.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

cebu

Roy explained the reasoning well enough in his pre-match interview. You have to make the decision at the time and at the time it was the right decision. We needed to name players who could play then. The April return date for JP was regarded as an optimistic one at best.

And let's remember how small our available squad was at times during our run to the semi-finals! Yes, I'd have done the same thing and I would stand by that decision now.

TonyGilroy

But had he been in the squad somebody would have had to be left out of the earlier games. Given the number of injuries we had we couldn't afford to leave out fit experienced players.

White Noise

The Rock

I've liked Simon Davies at RB becuase he can defend as well as Kelly and get forward better. Baird's come a long way as well...

FatFreddysCat

I'd still prefer Pants at Rb and put Baird in place of Etuhu.

Tom

Did Roy mention anything about Clint's injury and how he is coming along?
Fulham for life!

HammyH3

Quote from: Tom on April 16, 2010, 06:09:11 PM

Watch his interview on the Offal. He explains sensibly why JP is not registered for the Europa games and how Clint's rehab is coming along. It's getting unreasonably hysterical on this John Pantsil topic is it not?

finnster01

Quote from: HammyH3 on April 16, 2010, 10:19:32 PM
Quote from: Tom on April 16, 2010, 06:09:11 PM

Watch his interview on the Offal. He explains sensibly why JP is not registered for the Europa games and how Clint's rehab is coming along. It's getting unreasonably hysterical on this John Pantsil topic is it not?
Au contraire. Nothing JP can get hysterical enough.

Why? Two words: Stephen Kelly  :014:

Chopper

Quote from: Lork on April 16, 2010, 03:43:56 PM
It wasn't a cock up, if pantsil was registered it would have meant someone misses out on juventus and wolfsburg. and at least it solves one issue, baird gets what he deserves without any argument.

^ This.

I think the boys that have played their hearts out getting us this far deserve the chance to finish the job off.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

finnster01

As long as they win. If not they should be chopped. I am not confident dropping JP was a smart move at all, whatever excuses they used. In fact it was plain wrong. Sack the lot of them who was involved. Big mistake.

How cares about who finish second? This is the first time we have had a chance to grab some serious European silverware in the history of the club (not the Inter Toto egg-cup), so why leave it to the worse players to decide? Very Arsene Wenger like and why he hasn't won anything made of silver since 2005.

Roy is already talking about how he is not looking at Wolves but at Hamburg, so why not play our best players in Europa? Very mixed messages and he is covering some arses which I am sure will get the hairdryer treatment. Paul Ince knows how he can be in the locker room, and if he thinks Roy is madder than Fergie, that goes a long way for me.

Massive feck up. I pray to the dear Lord I am wrong, but I fear there will be some real shite RB cock-up against Hamburg before this is said and done.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on April 16, 2010, 03:38:54 PM
FFS  :dft007:.  I hope whoever is responsible gets the sack  :014: .

Nope. They are overseeing on line ticketing.....................

LRCN

Quote from: finnster01 on April 16, 2010, 10:40:43 PM
As long as they win. If not they should be chopped. I am not confident dropping JP was a smart move at all, whatever excuses they used. In fact it was plain wrong. Sack the lot of them who was involved. Big mistake.

How cares about who finish second? This is the first time we have had a chance to grab some serious European silverware in the history of the club (not the Inter Toto egg-cup), so why leave it to the worse players to decide? Very Arsene Wenger like and why he hasn't won anything made of silver since 2005.

Roy is already talking about how he is not looking at Wolves but at Hamburg, so why not play our best players in Europa? Very mixed messages and he is covering some arses which I am sure will get the hairdryer treatment. Paul Ince knows how he can be in the locker room, and if he thinks Roy is madder than Fergie, that goes a long way for me.

Massive feck up. I pray to the dear Lord I am wrong, but I fear there will be some real shite RB cock-up against Hamburg before this is said and done.

Mate, Pantsil missed the legs against Juventus, Shakhtar and Wolfsburg. Would have it been worth it, considering our injury problems anyway, to register him instead of Elm or Dikagcoi?

Lighthouse

Don't worry Roy I will support your decision and not turn on you like a pack of rabid dogs. The same dogs that claim to lick your posterior in the good times. After all the chances of us reaxhing the semi final and JP being fit were rather large.

Not so much an admin error more a good decision.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope