Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Here is my best guess -

Schwarzer

Pantsil  Baird  Hughes  Shorey

Davies  Dikcagoi  Greening  Riise

Okaka   Elm

cebu

WN, it's hard to argue with this selection, particularly with an eye on Thursday's match.

RidgeRider

Agreed. I was thinking not putting Pantsil out there and having Kelly start would be better, but thinking about it again, Pantsil can use the minutes to get further match fit for Hamburg. Maybe have Kelly come in at half or at 60 if we are out front.

Brede Butter Pudding

I'm pretty sure Greening and Murphy are both suspended but I may well be wrong. I would play:

Schwarz

Pantsil    Hughes/Hangers    Smalling    Shorey

Riise      Baird      Dika       Davies

Elm     Okaka

However, from Roy's interview on the Offal it is clear that he intends to play a full strength team

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on April 16, 2010, 05:15:51 PM
I'm pretty sure Greening and Murphy are both suspended but I may well be wrong.

They are not suspended.

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: Mr Fulham on April 16, 2010, 05:22:50 PM
Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on April 16, 2010, 05:15:51 PM
I'm pretty sure Greening and Murphy are both suspended but I may well be wrong.

They are not suspended.

that clears that one up then

Jimpav

Schwarz

Pantsil    Hughes/Hangers    Smalling    Shorey

Duff     Dickson      Murphy       Davies

Gera

Zamora    

I can see Clint and Konch being rested and expect BZ to be an early sub but don't predict sweeping changes. The team play better when they have had a few matches in succession.

Tktd

I'm not sure we need to rest anyone - we had a whole week to rest the players and have till thursday till our match with Hamburg - If I were Roy i'd prefer to have the team against Hamburg going into the game off of a game (perhaps win) instead of being rusty. I can imagine Roy will probably play quite a strong team!

The match he may well rest players for is the one next weekend which is in between the two hamburg games!

ImperialWhite

Strongest possible side please!

Partly because for the reasons given by Tktd...

...but mostly 'cos I got a mate coming down from Wolves to watch. He was bad enough after they beat us at the Molineux, he'll be bloody unbearable if they get anywhere near doing a double over us! They are not quite safe yet, and I reckon they'll come here looking for 3pts.

White Noise

Wolves Team News

Friday 16th April 2010

Fulham FC News

Roy Hodgson goes into Saturday's Barclays Premier League encounter against Wolves at Craven Cottage with a healthy complement of players from which to select.

"We've recovered a lot of players, it's just Andy Johnson and Clint Dempsey that we are waiting on," the Manager said during Friday's pre-match press conference. "As you know, Andy Johnson won't play until next season but we're hoping Clint will recover in time for next Thursday's game in Hamburg. Unfortunately, this match against Wolves has come just a little bit too quickly for him.

"John Pantsil is fully fit. He's played two Reserve Team games, he's been training with the First Team for ten days and he's ready for selection. He's a great one to have back, there's no question about that."

Mick McCarthy's side come to the Cottage looking to put more distance between themselves and the teams at the foot of the table - and Hodgson is expecting a challenging game.

"The Wolves team deserve a lot of credit for the way they've played as a team - and their manager, Mick McCarthy, deserves a lot of credit for the way he's got his team playing. The way they get their results is through hard work, good team play and good organisation.

"We've got to make certain that if we're going to get a result, we need to be firing on all cylinders. If we have our minds partially on the game on Thursday and players are not actually playing the game as we normally do, then there's every risk that we'll lose the game.

"The good thing is that for the first time since January we've had a whole week to prepare. That's been very useful for us to get players fully fit and also to give them that necessary breathing space that players need from time to time.

"I think the players will be fully focused and committed on Saturday, and then we've still got four days before we play Hamburg."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/April/WolvesTeamNews.aspx?#ixzz0lHrr68du

TheDon

Hahnemann,
Zubar,
Elokobi,
Mancienne,
Craddock (capt),
Berra,
Foley,
Edwards
Doyle,
Jones.
Jarvis.

subs: Hennessey, Ebanks-Blake, Ward, Halford, Guedioura Milijaš Iwelumo

LRCN

Schwarzer

Pantsil  Hangeland  Hughes  Konch

Duff  Etuhu  Murphy  Davies

Zamora  Gera

Tom

Quote from: Lork on April 16, 2010, 08:55:17 PM

Schwarzer

Pantsil  Hangeland  Hughes  Konch

Duff  Dikcagoi  Greening  Davies

Zamora  Gera
Good except for Greening. Anyone but him!
Fulham for life!

LRCN

whoops, forgot to change them two.