News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Volcanic ash .... flight delays and the knock on ...

Started by SHADY1, April 17, 2010, 09:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHADY1

Flights all stopped till Monday as things stand but the ash at the moment isn't moving anywhere....  and there could be more eruptions yet.
They are saying that there WILL BE a knock on possibly even effecting peoples bank holiday plans.

So if the the ash doesn't plss off very soon we could have problems getting to Germany. (I still wouldn't go by coach though)

Do you think UEFA would postpone the fixtures for a week.

IF the conditions effect US the fans does that mean the players have the same problems or do you think they would get priority some how when flights resume ?

we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

Tom

Quote from: SHADY1 on April 17, 2010, 09:49:16 AM
Flights all stopped till Monday as things stand but the ash at the moment isn't moving anywhere....  and there could be more eruptions yet.
They are saying that there WILL BE a knock on possibly even effecting peoples bank holiday plans.

So if the the ash doesn't plss off very soon we could have problems getting to Germany. (I still wouldn't go by coach though)

Do you think UEFA would postpone the fixtures for a week.

IF the conditions effect US the fans does that mean the players have the same problems or do you think they would get priority some how ?

UEFA should postpone the fixture if we can't fly to Germany.
Fulham for life!

SHADY1

UEFA are notorious for not caring about the fans If the team can get there they won't care about us.... I'm wondering if UEFA don't cancel. It could become the situation to be sure of getting there even the players have to go by coach....

Tom

Quote from: SHADY1 on April 17, 2010, 09:55:37 AM
UEFA are notorious for not caring about the fans If the team can get there they won't care about us.... I'm wondering if UEFA don't cancel. It could become the situation to be sure of getting there even the players have to go by coach....
Team could go by train and UEFA can kiss my change purse!
Fulham for life!

FatFreddysCat

Nah i'm sure they'd have to cancel. Saying that i'm glad i haven't booked flights .

Tom

Fulham for life!

Pata

Liverpool are facing a similar problem and have an even longer way to go.
I bought a couple of tickets for a mate flying over from Belarus for the LFC-WHU match and his flight has been cancelled.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

Pata

If they have to move the semis back a week, they're going to have to move the final - 6 days to get things sort, doubt even the Germans are that good, nevermind UEFA.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

SHADY1

Supermitch

They'll have no choice but to postpone.  It is not a simple case of getting train / coach travel these need to be booked days in advance at the moment to have an earthly chance of getting a place.

Not only the team but all the match officials, UEFA hangers on etc.  There will be quite an impact, both to the Europa League and the Champions League.

SHADY1

Then again the ash will be gone and all flights will be  back to normal on Wednesday.... so i keep telling myself.

Jimpav

If you have got a flight already booked then you are entitled to travel on that flight (providing that the flight is operating).

If your flight is cancelled because of the ash then you are entitled to a full refund or can delay your flight to the next available departure.

I wold be very surprised if the flights are affected on Wednesday but then that could be wishful thinking as I'm a travel agent and am currently besieged by people whose flights have been disrupted!

Sector9

hurrah for the coach!

im sure flights won't be, but have got everything crossed for those who are travelling via air transport.