watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jolly Gardeners - never again

Started by Hammer Smith, April 18, 2010, 10:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammer Smith

For the last few months I've quite frequently gone to the Jolly Gardeners prior to matches with quite a large group of family and friends. There are usually quite a lot of other Fulham fans who regularly make an appearance and give the pub a lot of pre-match income. However, the manager there yesterday made it clear to us that they don't want football fans like us in there even though we just come in for a pretty quiet drink and something to eat.

This witch made a point of makng me cover up my sixties retro Fulham shirt and also insisted later on that one of my daughters cover up her Fulham top. Odd as this had never been raised before now and I've seen many other fans in there wearing colours over the last few months.

When my daughter asked the manager why she should cover up this witch said that Fulham fans caused trouble four years ago and since then this rule had been in place. She said that Fulham fans had regularly spat in her face. I have no doubt that she was grossly exagerating or probaby just lying about this. She also went on about what louts nearly all Fulham fans were as if she knew more about them than us and how they made a point of distancing their pub from a football clientel, including deliberately avoiding football coverage etc.

Basically she's an ignorant snob who doesn't want people she considers oiks in their pub. So I'll not be going there again unless there's a change of management and suggest any self respecting Fulham fan who fancies a decent pint gives this place a miss.

SHADY1

I went there once and Fulham fans had shirts on ... I wouldn't go back anyway her burgers had bloody garlic in ...YUK
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

Hammer Smith

That's exactly my point. This woman was trying to make her staff tell us to "cover up" so to speak and they felt unconfortable about doing this themselves so she did it herself and had a real rant. Funnily enough, I've never felt more like spittng in someone's face! All we've ever wanted is somewhere in Putney with both good beer and edible food -quite a challenge. Shame about the burgers with garlic though, I'll miss them!

The Equalizer

It can be VERY cliquey in that place. The same witch kicked me out of the place last year for calling one of the barmen 'mate'. This was a week after having spent over £500 in there on my birthday...

Still, it's a ruddy decent pint of Sierra Nevada in there.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Pata

If we're on matchday pubs, quick question - does anyone know why the Eight Bells is no longer an "away" pub? Used to go there before Fulham-LFC matches but this year were told to forget it with reference to some "trouble" but no one was able to tell me anything concrete.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Pata on April 18, 2010, 11:29:18 AM
If we're on matchday pubs, quick question - does anyone know why the Eight Bells is no longer an "away" pub? Used to go there before Fulham-LFC matches but this year were told to forget it with reference to some "trouble" but no one was able to tell me anything concrete.
It's no longer there. The Liverpool supporters stole it  :59: .

finnster01

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on April 18, 2010, 04:19:11 PM
I'm choking again Freddy :011: :54:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Dragoman

Quote from: Perry on April 18, 2010, 10:55:06 AM
For the last few months I've quite frequently gone to the Jolly Gardeners prior to matches with quite a large group of family and friends. There are usually quite a lot of other Fulham fans who regularly make an appearance and give the pub a lot of pre-match income. However, the manager there yesterday made it clear to us that they don't want football fans like us in there even though we just come in for a pretty quiet drink and something to eat.

This witch made a point of makng me cover up my sixties retro Fulham shirt and also insisted later on that one of my daughters cover up her Fulham top. Odd as this had never been raised before now and I've seen many other fans in there wearing colours over the last few months.

When my daughter asked the manager why she should cover up this witch said that Fulham fans caused trouble four years ago and since then this rule had been in place. She said that Fulham fans had regularly spat in her face. I have no doubt that she was grossly exagerating or probaby just lying about this. She also went on about what louts nearly all Fulham fans were as if she knew more about them than us and how they made a point of distancing their pub from a football clientel, including deliberately avoiding football coverage etc.

Basically she's an ignorant snob who doesn't want people she considers oiks in their pub. So I'll not be going there again unless there's a change of management and suggest any self respecting Fulham fan who fancies a decent pint gives this place a miss.

Yes, I've given the place a miss since she made a derogatory remark about my girlfriend's ample cleavage.

FatFreddysCat

I may have to pay this place a visit with the Northolt Whites, i'm sure we're just the sort of clientel she's looking for  :dft003: .

BarneyTravers

With you on this one Perry...(we spoke yesterday)...time to relocate...again.

Fulham for the cup

OtterFFC

We used to drink there for a while - it was all too snooty and frosty for my liking - started drinking in Wahoo now - good pre and post match atomosphere. :54:

Admin

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on April 18, 2010, 05:46:46 PM
I may have to pay this place a visit with the Northolt Whites, i'm sure we're just the sort of clientel she's looking for  :dft003: .

LMFAO Spencer lol. It's gota be done at the Hamburg game at home. It's just at the back of the Brick as it goes and I'm sure we could pop in their for a couple to show face  :62: Like others, I've giving this 'oity toity' place the wide birth after a couple of remark towrds me and the gang although I don't want to mess it up to much for Wadey as he does like it in their  :dft011:

Admin

Quote from: OtterFFC on April 18, 2010, 07:55:14 PM
We used to drink there for a while - it was all too snooty and frosty for my liking - started drinking in Wahoo now - good pre and post match atomosphere. :54:

Wahoo - Wapoo more like Lee! Not impressed by that place one bit full of scum fans after the wolves game, dark, cold, more night-cluby than a sports bar £3.30 - £3.50 a pint was expecting the shot girls to do the rounds at some point. Thumbs down for me mate, sorry  :046:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Admin on April 18, 2010, 08:03:57 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on April 18, 2010, 05:46:46 PM

LMFAO Spencer lol. It's gota be done at the Hamburg game at home. It's just at the back of the Brick as it goes and I'm sure we could pop in their for a couple to show face  :62: Like others, I've giving this 'oity toity' place the wide birth after a couple of remark towrds me and the gang although I don't want to mess it up to much for Wadey as he does like it in their  :dft011:
Yeah defo, we'll be well tanked up as we'll be wetting my mates babies head that day as well. Point the old dragon out, and we'll give it loads of over ere darling, and oi luv i was next etc. Feck knows what she'll think of my mates turning her toilet white with Columbia's finest. Perhaps a few choruses of stick the blue flag wouldn't go amiss.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: The Equalizer on April 18, 2010, 11:20:18 AM
It can be VERY cliquey in that place. The same witch kicked me out of the place last year for calling one of the barmen 'mate'. This was a week after having spent over £500 in there on my birthday...

Still, it's a ruddy decent pint of Sierra Nevada in there.
Never tried that EQ, is it a lager? San Miguel (ish)? Is it even Spanish?

Hammer Smith

Make sure you take some photos when the Northholt whites leave their spray around the Garden(ers) so that Barney Travers and I can see the look on this witch's face. Incidentally, she's not that old but just ask to speak to the manager and hopefully she'll be the one on duty!

FatFreddysCat

Perhaps we should wait till we get served by her, then get someone to film it and put it on youtube, saying that we'll probably end up no where near there, but we have to pick some tickets up from the ground early doors so it's possible.

Pata

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on April 18, 2010, 04:19:11 PM
Come on, do you know how hard it is to fit a pub in a Happy ScAl's?
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

Scrumpy

Perry

I was there too on Saturday. It wasn't exactly packed, was it? I'm surprised they can afford to make good people feel so unwelcome. By the way, were there any signs saying that shirts were banned? I don't remember seeing one. Jeez, talk about snobbery!

Fat Fred - although it would be a laugh, I'm not sure if a pre-organised booze-up wouldn't just play into their hands. It would just confirm their (wrong) pre-conceptions.
:028:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Scrumpy on April 18, 2010, 09:54:16 PM
Perry

I was there too on Saturday. It wasn't exactly packed, was it? I'm surprised they can afford to make good people feel so unwelcome. By the way, were there any signs saying that shirts were banned? I don't remember seeing one. Jeez, talk about snobbery!

Fat Fred - although it would be a laugh, I'm not sure if a pre-organised booze-up wouldn't just play into their hands. It would just confirm their (wrong) pre-conceptions.
:028:

Feck em Scrumpy. I'd imagine the people that have been offended by her are sort of decent people, yet she gets all snooty on them and make's them feel like second class citizens. Well let them experiance the people they really dont want in there, Islip Manor Estates finest (lowest). You never know she might fancy a bit of rough. I'm really warming to the idea. Any bouncers? Are they tasty?