watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Erik Nevland - Goodbye & Thank You

Started by White Noise, April 19, 2010, 07:34:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Roy confirmed after the Wolves game that Erik is definitely leaving at the end of the season to join Viking Stavanger -

Meanwhile, Hodgson revealed after Sunday's 0-0 Barclays Premier League draw with Wolves that striker Erik Nevland would leave for Norwegian side Viking Stavanger at the end of the season.

Hodgson had hoped to tempt Nevland to stay at Craven Cottage with a new one-year deal but the 32-year-old has decided to return to the club where he started his career.

"He's a marvellous player, a fantastic professional and a very good footballer," said Hodgson of the former Manchester United forward. "He has played a major part in the success we have had in the two and a half years he has been at the club and I must congratulate Viking on the signing. He'll score lots of goals for them."

He has been a great player to watch and leaves behind some wonderful memories. Thanks for all you have done Erik and good luck in the future.

BestOfBrede

Ditto

Thanks Erik - Good luck for the future.

It's a shame you never got more ganes in IMO

Tom

Fulham for life!

cebu

Thanks Erik and good luck for the future.

I hope he'll make an appearance in the final home match of the season.

CorkedHat

There have been occasions when Nevland could have added something to our attack but for whatever reason Roy chose to ignore him.
Personally I rated him quite highly and I wish him all the best in the future
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

ScalleysDad

Not only ice cool .............. but clinical. As has been said should have had more games as a super sub and certainly put in a shift.

Jimpav

Sorry to see him go. Played a big part in the Great Escape and had his moments last season also.

Good luck and thank you.

Lighthouse

Great Pro and we will miss him. With him off and Kamara off,and AJ a gamble if he returns, we haven't many players up front left.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FatFreddysCat

Cheers for everything Erik. And how many footballers would actually pay their own money to join anouther club? Top man.

AlFayedsChequebook

Probably the best for both parties, tbh.

Nevland will forever be held in high regard at Fulham after his great escape antics and his excellent performances last season.

Sad to see him go but all the best for the future

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 19, 2010, 10:29:21 AM
Great Pro and we will miss him. With him off and Kamara off,and AJ a gamble if he returns, we haven't many players up front left.

If I'm Okaka, or his advisor, I'm offski as well. He won't develop his game sat on the bench and there have been times recently when he could have been given an opportunity. Either he has rocked Roys boat or is showing nowt on the training ground. Then theres the Elm "will he won't he" debacle......................................

"Wanted. Frontman to assist in teh scoring of goals. Must be bilingual and live locally"  

finnster01

Thanks for everything and the good memories, Erik The Viking.

I wish you the best of luck playing for your hometown club again
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

LBNo11

...few players, in relation to their playing time on the pitch, have made such an impact on the fans than have Erik Nevland (aka ETG - Erik The Great). With his cool finishing, his happy countenance, hard work ethic and willingness to sit on the bench and take his (rare) opportunities to come on.

A great professional in the McGod mould, I really do wish him well for the remainder of his career as a player, coach etc., and like everyone else, I wished he had played more final 25 minutes for us in his Ole Gunnar Solskjaer role...

PS: I hope Fulham FC put Gentleman Jim on suicide watch!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Tonywa

Best of luck Erik and thanks for the memories.  A really top finisher who should have played far more regularly IMHO.

TW

mofulham

Sad to see an end to the Fulham days of a true pro and gent.  Thanks for your pure perfection in the Great Escape.

Burt

Sad news indeed, but a certain inevitability about it...

All the best Mr Erik sir - favourite memory was your goal against Reading when we won 2-0. Indeed your contribution to our Great Escape season was significant.

The Equalizer

Erik The Nev - thanks for that wonderful equalizer against chelsea away. Dogbreath scores, Nevland equalizes a minute later. We stilll lost the match, but it was nice sticking it up em!

Farewell, and thanks for all the fish.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

VicHalomsLovechild

We've still got games in Europe where Erik may come in very useful. So lets not be waving him off just yet!

finnster01

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on April 19, 2010, 01:28:43 PM
We've still got games in Europe where Erik may come in very useful. So lets not be waving him off just yet!
Wouldn't it be something if Erik did an Ole Gunnar and came on in the 90th minute and scored the winner against the red scousers and brought us the Europa League... ?  :045: :045: :045:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: finnster01 on April 19, 2010, 01:47:36 PM
Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on April 19, 2010, 01:28:43 PM
Wouldn't it be something if Erik did an Ole Gunnar and came on in the 90th minute and scored the winner against the red scousers and brought us the Europa League... ?  :045: :045: :045:

Preferably in the 92nd min to secure a 1-0 victory for the mighty whites!