more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Erik Nevland - Goodbye & Thank You

Started by White Noise, April 19, 2010, 07:34:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: LBNo11 on April 19, 2010, 11:33:19 AM
...few players, in relation to their playing time on the pitch, have made such an impact on the fans than have Erik Nevland (aka ETG - Erik The Great). With his cool finishing, his happy countenance, hard work ethic and willingness to sit on the bench and take his (rare) opportunities to come on.

A great professional in the McGod mould, I really do wish him well for the remainder of his career as a player, coach etc., and like everyone else, I wished he had played more final 25 minutes for us in his Ole Gunnar Solskjaer role...

PS: I hope Fulham FC put Gentleman Jim on suicide watch!
Well put Mr Barrett, goodbye (once the season is done and dusted) and good luck Erik - you'll be missed and I hope The Cottage has the opportunity to give you a suitable farewell.

blingo

Top man in my estimation. Did what was asked of him and never complained. A true professional who will be missed by FFC. Dont become a stranger Erik, and come back from time to time, i am sure you will ALWAYS be welcome at CC by all the staff and of course all of the supporters.  :038: :038: :038: :54: :54:

JBH

Cheers for everything Eric, you will always recieve a warm welcome at the Cottage  :038:

The Rock

Yeah will always have great memories of Erik and have really liked him as part of Fulham. I'll never forget The Great Escape goals against Reading and Birmingham. Thank you...

vagrant

Quote from: blingo on April 19, 2010, 02:47:35 PM
Top man in my estimation. Did what was asked of him and never complained. A true professional who will be missed by FFC. Dont become a stranger Erik, and come back from time to time, i am sure you will ALWAYS be welcome at CC by all the staff and of course all of the supporters.  :038: :038: :038: :54: :54:

Very well put Blingo.  I too wish him all the very best.

ron

Yep, agree with all comments and sentiments. Add my thanks and best wishes to him for his future in home pastures.

Whiteroom

As an impact sub he was great. I will miss him.

Otley

Thanks Eric and good luck at Stavanger

White Noise

Erik's Cottage Farewell

Wednesday 5th May 2010

Fulham FC News
Erik Nevland admitted great disappointment as his final Craven Cottage appearance ended with a galling defeat against Stoke City.

Very little went Fulham's way on a night when the Whites enjoyed plenty of possession, but struggled to come to terms with the visitors' physical approach.

Despite the majority of attacking possession, the Potters delivered a sucker punch inside the last 10 minutes when Matt Etherington fired home with his side's first real attempt at goal, ruining the striker's last home appearance before he returns to Norway at the end of the season.

"It was obviously not the sign off I would have liked," admitted the 32-year-old. "I would have loved to win the game but it wasn't to be today."

Nevland watched from the sidelines in the first-half as Tony Pulis' charges produced some questionable challenges on the likes of Dickson Etuhu and Clint Dempsey, living up to their reputation as Premier League bully boys, but the Norwegian refused to blame the end result on Stoke's approach.

"It was as we expected really," he said. "They came to get a point and maybe steal all three, and unfortunately for us they did steal them.

"Even though we were the better team in general play, we didn't really threaten them too much, so that was disappointing."

But although the result came as a blow to the Whites' hopes of achieving the targeted top 10 finish, he was quick to remind us that greater glories potentially lie ahead.

"It's been a great season and it still is. There are still two big games to go, so we just have to keep it going and who knows, maybe there will be a big prize at the end of it."

And after completing the traditional end of season lap of honour to rapturous applause from the Fulham faithful with whom he has been so popular for the past two-plus years, Nevland reflected on what he will treasure as a special period in his career.

"It's been a great journey from day one and a period of my career I will always remember. It will always be a part of my life I look back on with fondness. I really appreciate having had the chance to play for Fulham in the Premier League, so I thank the fans for their support."

And with a trip to the Emirates to face Arsenal, and the UEFA Europa League final still to come, Erik has two great opportunities to end his Whites career with one more trademark coolly finished goal, and potentially a fantasy finale.

"That would be nice personally," he considered. "But most important is that the team does well.
"The most important game now is obviously the Final and if we can get a win there that would be absolutely amazing, whether I score or not.

"Leaving Motspur Park on my last day here with a Europa League medal around my neck would be an absolute dream."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/May/NevlandStokeReaction.aspx#ixzz0n99kktfR