https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham's Europa League semi at Hamburg to go ahead

Started by WhiteJC, April 19, 2010, 12:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/front_page/8622315.stm
Fulham's Europa League semi at Hamburg to go ahead

Fulham's Europa League semi-final tie at Hamburg will go ahead on Thursday, the Premier League club has said.

The first leg clash had been in doubt because of the cloud of volcanic ash that has drifted from Iceland and grounded flights across Europe.

It has yet to be announced whether the other semi-final between Liverpool and Atletico Madrid will be played on the same night in Spain.

A formal announcement from Uefa is expected later on Monday.

More to follow.

Logicalman

I see Mssers Brooking & Co are punching above their weight again. Perhaps the PL should stay out of things involving Europe, they cannot even manage the PL properly. Prats.

As far as the tie is concerned, I fail to understand how the Hamburg match can go ahead, but no decision on the Madrid game, especially as the Spanish Airports are open (albeit - Heathrow remains shut.

chez

Well i will be one among hopefully a few others that will be making it to the game! :015:

As much as i was dreading the coach trip, i'm thanking my lucky stars that i chose that option now! Funny how things turn out.

Fingers crossed those with flights will get in the air and land safely  :045:

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

We are going to distroy Hamburg now.We all now know that Uncle Woy is a nice guy that goes nuts behind closed doors when he has too.How angry and wound up will the players be?
UEFA are being told what to do by the TV companies,again.They don't care about fairness or honesty just cash so the game will go ahead,never mind that the players & fans are going to struggle to get to the game on time.
The odds are against us,life has been made difficult and Hamburg are going to be made to pay, big time
A solid win for the Fulham,I almost feel sorry for Hamburg,..............almost :dft012:

Yarden

Why can`t the teams meet up in Lille and play the game there? Shorter trip for us, more fair:p

Jimpav

I'm still puzzled as to why Liverpools match has not been given the go ahead also. There is not a huge difference between the distances. Perhaps 200-300 miles tops.

Can't be easy to get geared up for a match after a 12 hour journey. That would be the equivalent of flying to Singapore or Vancouver.

JBH

Quote from: Yarden on April 19, 2010, 02:41:39 PM
Why can`t the teams meet up in Lille and play the game there? Shorter trip for us, more fair:p

Should we play the 2nd leg there too??

smj

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on April 19, 2010, 02:26:21 PM
We are going to distroy Hamburg now.We all now know that Uncle Woy is a nice guy that goes nuts behind closed doors when he has too.How angry and wound up will the players be?
UEFA are being told what to do by the TV companies,again.They don't care about fairness or honesty just cash so the game will go ahead,never mind that the players & fans are going to struggle to get to the game on time.
The odds are against us,life has been made difficult and Hamburg are going to be made to pay, big time
A solid win for the Fulham,I almost feel sorry for Hamburg,..............almost :dft012:

Sorry for raining on your parade, but the injury list we had throughout the season and still have is still harsher than any problem this volcano could have caused or will cause.  :dft012:

Jimpav

ScalleysDad

So heres the thing. If the private jet gets grounded the team will have to coach/rail/walk back as well and then still turn up at Everton on sunday !!!!!! Flippin good job we are not playing any of the bottom contenders this sunday otherwise there would be tears before bedtime and it would be all our fault. I have had the radio on today and once again all the sympathy is with those little loves from Liverpool who have to all the way to St Pancras then to Paris for an overnighter............ bless..

FatFreddysCat

I just hope the supporters who have layed out their hard earned (or otherwise) get the chance to fly, how sickening, Fulham in a bloody Euro semi final, and you have to miss it because of a fecking volcano in Iceland  :035: . I was thinking of borrowing the money again for the semi (i still owe for Wolfsburg) but thought if we get to the final i'm going to end up owing my dad a small fortune. I'm sort of pleased i didn't borrow the cash, he'd never say no, but i'd be absolutely bricking it if i was depending on flights. Good luck to all you lot hoping for flights. But if i was you i'd look at driving, surprisingly cheap and no tolls.

Scrumpy

Agreed FatFC. If anyone's already gone to the trouble of getting the days off work etc and buying a match ticket, then it seems a shame to miss out. Euro Tunnel is £29 each way, so not a massive amount. A good 'insurance' to guarantee that you can get there one way or the other.

It's 470 miles from Calais to Hamburg. About the same as London to Glasgow.

I'd rather fly, but if needs must........ :038:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.