watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Handbags At Hamburg

Started by White Noise, April 19, 2010, 03:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.espnstar.com/football/bundesliga/news/detail/item429529/Dispute-hits-Hamburg's-hopes/

Dispute hits Hamburg's hopes

Hamburg's challenge for European football has been hit by a clash between goalkeeper Frank Rost and coach Bruno Labbadia.

The north German club slipped to seventh in the Bundesliga after Saturday's 1-0 defeat at home to Mainz, a result which increased the pressure on Labbadia and makes Thursday's Europa League clash with Fulham all the more important.

According to Bild newspaper, Rost lost his temper with Labbadia after being criticised by the coach in the dressing room prior to Saturday's defeat for breaking club rules by going to the cinema on Friday night.

"Everybody would be allowed to go to the cinema, but only if agreed in advance," fumed Labbadia.

"There are rules to observe when we get together (in advance of a game)."

Rost took exception to the criticism and promptly handed in his resignation from the club's consultancy panel, which mediates between players and management.

"It is my decision (to resign) as a consequence of what the coaching team have regarded as indiscipline on my part," explained the 36-year-old goalkeeper.

The incident adds more pressure to Labbadia, who risks losing his job if he fails to lead the club into Europe next season.

The Equalizer

Interesting that there are dressing room disturbances going on, as these could assist us on the day. There's nothing like a bit of unrest to unsettle the opposition.

However, this may very well be tempered by the need to get into European competition again next season. They may very well come out fighting like they've got the hounds of hell behind them.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

finnster01

HaHaHa,
Only in Germany...

First of all I totally agree with Bruno the coach (note to me: watch the Bruno DVD again tonight) . Going to a cinema in Germany is quite an experience. Everything is dubbed in German. I was asked to leave a cinema in Flensburg once because I caught a hysterical fit whilst watching a Clint Eastwood spaghetti western. I could handle Clint speaking German, but when the apaches also started speaking German, I couldn't help myself. Certainly you don't want your goalie to risk pulling a stomach muscle laughing the day before a match.

As a response, it should also be noted the shocking resignation of Mr Rost from the extremely important club consultancy panel mediating between players and management. This must surmount to a major crisis at the handbags department. I think they are all trying to find everyones toys as well.

It seems something is rotten in the club called Hamburg... :011: :011:    
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

SuffolkWhite

Finnster
Only in Germany...

First of all I totally agree with Bruno the coach (note to me: watch the Bruno DVD again tonight) . Going to a cinema in Germany is quite an experience. Everything is dubbed in German. I was asked to leave a cinema in Flensburg once because I caught a hysterical fit whilst watching a Clint Eastwood spaghetti western. I could handle Clint speaking German, but when the apaches also started speaking German, I couldn't help myself.

That I would love to have seen  :011:  :011:.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

FatFreddysCat

That would have been class in my old long haired slightly iffy roll up days  :005: .