watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The New and Improved Steve Sidwell

Started by Black, White and Fred, December 10, 2012, 10:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black, White and Fred

The man has played some of his best football of late, even when the team has not been at it's best. Have never been a big fan of his but he sure is the winning me over. Great result today COYW!
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Riverside

I first saw him against QPR last year and he was great.

Maybe the key is a few games in succession and fitness .

Hope he continues improving

Count Berbatov

Very underrated. Kind of like Carrick at Man United. He's not best at anything, but quite decent in all areas of the game
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

YankeeJim

He does seem to have recovered his Reading form. He was fantastic for them and today he was as good as I can ever remember seeing him.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

btings

He's been fantastic recently.  Also worth noting that (imo), he works much better when paired Baird than with Diarra.  This may be just about familiarity, but maybe there's something else as well.

kennethwong20

maybe a bit of shooting exercise would help. Seen him missing a few good chances to score for the past few games.

fulhampa23

I've noticed many of us, myself included, have said on numerous occasions that a particular performance was his "best yet." Keep it up special one Iniesta
"We love to win. For us, for our fans, for our Club. But we win fair. We believe in football first. We play to the spirit of the game. We are Fulham Football Club."

-Brede Hangeland

Berserker

He did have those hernia problems last season, probably been niggling at him for a while so affected him form.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

JackyFulham90

He is in great form Sidwell , Baird & Diarra are good players I think we only need 1 midfielder in January someone who can drive at players like Dembele did

Northern Cottager

I agree, a creative outlet by his side and Sidwell or Diarra to back them up. Be lovely.

AlFayedsChequebook

He provides an attacking, driving force from midfield. Baird and Diarra together is too defensive, but add Sidwell into the mix and he really tries to push on.

Not the long term answer, but it is great to have a blood and guts English box to box midfielder in the team.

Burt

He has been getting progressively better with each game this season, and provides a combination of "bite" in the midfield and gets in to some great positions going forwards.

Keep it up Mr Sidwell sir...  065.gif

Ordar

As I said when he signed. Mourinho thought he was a good player, and shock horror, it turns out that he is

Artful Dodger

Have always rated him and never understood the crticism he got. Good to see him doing well now.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

MasterHaynes

Quote from: YankeeJim on December 10, 2012, 10:58:18 PM
He does seem to have recovered his Reading form. He was fantastic for them and today he was as good as I can ever remember seeing him.
:plus one:

Steve_orino

My only problem with Sidwell is that I think he's on 4 yellows.  His next will result in a suspension & I'd be disappointed not to see him on the pitch.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Steve_orino on December 11, 2012, 02:48:16 PM
My only problem with Sidwell is that I think he's on 4 yellows.  His next will result in a suspension & I'd be disappointed not to see him on the pitch.

He is a nailed on yellow card v QPR

Ref will want to get a handle on the game and no doubt Sidwell will be booked either for an innocuous challenge early on, or for persistent fouling from little niggly challenges. Lets hope Diakite has another rush of blood to the head too.

H3Matt

I've been very impressed with Sidwell lately and wouldn't be surprised if his name is one of the first on the team sheet. Since coming back from his hernia problems, he had a bit of a wobbly start to the season but he's been fantastic these past few games. Keep it up special one Iniesta! :54:

ScalleysDad

Its amazing how we all see games differently and look to find fault where perhaps there is'nt any or heap praise on 'the untochables' even if it is not merited. We had a few geordies sat around us yesterday and they were moaning at the lack of creativity from their midfielders, even Ben Arfur was getting some stick in the first half, and they put it down to Sidwell chasing the ball down and leaving his mark wherever he went. I think by that they mean't the 'let them know you are there' ankle taps. If they scaled that obstacle Baird was next up ...... and yet a couple of ST holders were calling for his execution.
Hugo got some stick from both sides. I read earlier that his prowess in the air and his strength on the ball make him a better option to Petric. I would have to say that he goes down quicker than AJ, there was one almost embarassing example in the second half when he went down in instalments when up until that moment he and the two centre backs were running hard on equal terms and we were sure he would edge the chase. Okay he headed the goal but aerial prowess?

A Humble Man

Berbatov was brilliant as the attacking midfielder and was everywhere on the pitch creating chances and finding time to make a few for himself.  Jol said he used him in the Ruiz role and boy he did well. 
We Are Fulham, Believe.