News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where Should Chris Baird Play Next Season?

Started by White Noise, April 19, 2010, 05:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Chris has been one of our best eleven players this season but its still not clear that he has cemented himself a starting place going forward.

Should he be a starter next season on merit? If so, in which position? Or, is th team progressing in such a way that he will have to settle for No.1 sub for the time being?

The Rock

Roy always wants competetion for each place - and honestly he is much better as a defensive MF than at RB so he and Dickson are sort of cemented in those roles I imagine. Taking that players get injured its great that he can play RB or CB as well...

JBH

Chris Baird will be used by RH next season the same as he has this, Bairdy has done well and not let us down all season so why try and fix whats not broken.

Also  really want him to score a goal before the end of the season so that the whole of the Hammy End can do the "Bairdy Song"  :011:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: JBH on April 19, 2010, 05:15:26 PM
Chris Baird will be used by RH next season the same as he has this, Bairdy has done well and not let us down all season so why try and fix whats not broken.

Also  really want him to score a goal before the end of the season so that the whole of the Hammy End can do the "Bairdy Song"  :011:
I prefer him in the middle to Etuhu, but i think his versatility might prove his undoing. But there will always be injuries and suspensions so should get loads of games. Class act  :54: .

RidgeRider

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on April 19, 2010, 06:14:44 PM
Quote from: JBH on April 19, 2010, 05:15:26 PM

I prefer him in the middle to Etuhu, but i think his versatility might prove his undoing. But there will always be injuries and suspensions so should get loads of games. Class act  :54: .

Agree about the injuries. Baird is essential on this squad. Etuhu is a 'china doll' so given that Bairdy is going to get plenty of pitch time next season as well. He is essentially one of our starters anyway because he is so versatile. But as Freddy suggests, the worst thing that could happen to him, as a player, is for the squad to have an injury free season and only play in the Prem next year.

HatterDon

while it's apparent that this thread has morphed from one on Chris Baird to one on his successor as the Fulham Scapegoat [sorry WN], I'll try a body swerve back on point.

I don't think that Roy could be happier with Chris Baird than he is at this point. He covered JP very well -- despite LOADS of moaning here and elsewhere -- played a solid centre mid when called upon and [almost overlooked] partnered with young Smalling in the Europa and the League Cup and did a creditable job at CB.

Baird could be CCC player of the season at any of those three positions, but he's not the best player Roy has available at any of them. Having said that, there's only just the slightest blip on the radar when he's called upon to step in. If we're going to continue to play a lot of matches and seriously contend in the league and multiple cups, a guy like Baird is probably more valuable than a guy who get you 30 starts at one position.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel