News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone actually know how the club will travel to Hamburg?

Started by finnster01, April 20, 2010, 09:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

Time is running out and I would imagine plan B whatever it is needs to be executed. I have conflicting information.

Anyone in the know?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

SHADY1

I heard it was by Private jet sorted by Mo  ....they may get clearance for flying at low altitude .. ..
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

finnster01

Cheers for that Mr Shady. That sounds excellent.
I heard train and bus as well from somebody which concerned me. I wouldn't want Brede Hangeland and the Big Aussie sitting in a tiny bus seat for 20+ odd hours

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: SHADY1 on April 20, 2010, 09:26:13 AM
I heard it was by Private jet sorted by Mo  ....they may get clearance for flying at low altitude .. ..

I also read somewhere they had a private jet booked, but according to "The Mail" this is Fulhams plans.
Fulham will also set off this afternoon if the authorities cannot guarantee by 11am today that their chartered flight from Gatwick to Hamburg tomorrow morning will be allowed to take off.
Fulham's contingency plan involves a Eurostar train to Brussels and an onward coach to Hamburg, with a stopover near Dortmund in Germany on Tuesday night. This route would take them more than 24 hours. But club officials are also concerned about getting home from Germany.
Fulham are due to play Everton away on Sunday and would not get back to the UK until Saturday if forced to travel overland.
Arrangements for fans are also unclear. It was expected that 1,500 would fly to Hamburg but there may be as few as 500 in the stadium. The club's £99 official coach travel offer has sold out, with three coaches leaving Craven Cottage at 8.30pm tomorrow and returning at 9.30am on Friday.

Fulham say fans concerned about travel should phone their supporter relations department on 0870 4421222.

Read more: http://cc.fulhamfc.com/forum/topics/its-trains-planes-and#ixzz0lcyEP2lb

os5889

Damn I had hoped to see a fleet of FFC apache helicopters charging across the channel into the sunset Roy leaning out ushering the lads onwards!

epsomraver

Shady according to a friend who is atc manager at Gatwick NO jet planes will fly no matter what altitude, even turbo props still use jet engines, the only planes flying at present are hospital planes to and from Jersey  with combustion engines, unless restrictions are lifted no body else  can fly at present

os5889

FOOTBALL:

Fulham will set off for Europa Cup semi in against Bayern Munich by coach on Tuesday

From BBC WEBSITE

os5889

SHADY1

Just shows what rubbish gets fed about in these situations then... apologies
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

WhiteJC

finnster01

Well, if Frank Lumpard of the Huns down the road can get injured for England whilst sitting on plane to Qatar, imagine what can happen to the legs of the giraffe and the Big Aussie sitting in a bus?

WhiteJC

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/fulham-prepare-for-450mile-coach-trip-to-hamburg-1948887.html
Fulham furious over 450-mile coach trip to Hamburg

Fulham will today embark on a 24-hour road trip to Hamburg for the biggest game in the club's history after Uefa ruled that their Europa League semi-final tie must go ahead despite the cloud of volcanic dust that has caused travel chaos.

Fulham manager Roy Hodgson had asked for the match to be postponed but Uefa decided yesterday morning that the London side would have to travel.

Fulham are to make the 450-mile trip to Hamburg on a coach via the Channel tunnel, and will include an overnight stop on the Continent before driving on to Germany to arrive in the city at lunchtime tomorrow. The journey will include frequent rest stops for the players to prevent them getting stiff and picking up injuries. If the flight ban continues, the players will face a long return drive back on Friday before travelling up to play Everton at Goodison Park on Sunday afternoon. They had planned to fly on a private jet to Germany on Wednesday morning.

The club are also hoping to compensate in full their 2,000 supporters in the event that they are unable to fly to Hamburg for the game. Fulham have laid on several flights, both on Wednesday and Thursday, for supporters who will have to wait to hear if aviation authorities lift the flight ban in time. The plans are up in the air, even if the team is not.

A club statement said: "At this stage the club still cannot confirm whether the planes scheduled to depart on Wednesday and Thursday to transport fans and media will be able to travel, and is in regular dialogue with the aviation authorities to enable it to inform all parties at the earliest opportunity when a decision is made."

Fulham are not taking any chances with the team, however, and even if the ban is lifted today they will go ahead with their plan to drive to Germany, in case flights are subsequently suspended again. It was also confirmed yesterday that Sunday's game at Everton will go ahead, as there are no alternative dates available to reschedule the game before the end of the season.

Fulham were yesterday tipped to win the inaugural Europa League, despite their travel nightmare, by the man who led Shakhtar Donetsk to the Uefa Cup, Mircea Lucescu.

The Romanian, whose side lost to the Londoners in the first knock-out stage, said: "Fulham can do it because they have improved their game from one match to the next. They are much more powerful than at the beginning. They are a good, very organised team and have a very good coach. They can easily change the way they are playing. In the first leg against them, they played one kind of game, then in the second leg they played very well in defence. They were so well organised that it was impossible to score."

os5889

finnster01

Mr os5889,

I guess that Pokemon transformer looking thingy is a slight step up from the #14 bus

epsomraver

I would think they could spread out ok on these coaches, I bet the ones from CC for the fans are a bit more cramped!

finnster01

That thing is insane. Are you sure it isn't operated by the United Federation of Planets and driven by captain Jean Luc Piccard?

GoldCoastWhite

Road trip obviously far from ideal but I didn't think they'd be on a Toyota Coaster bus !