watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Adam Johnson wants to talk to city

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, January 28, 2010, 06:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brede Butter Pudding

I hate seeing this, because Johnson is undoubtedly a huge talent but how is he going to fit into City's team of superstars? Surely he would do better at a club of our size where he will get European, FA cup and premiership football than a club like City where I can't see him getting a sniff of first team action ahead of Wright-Phillips, Zabaletta, Bellamy, Barry, De Jong etc etc. Having said that, there is no way he would come to us, I just don't think we are attractive enough nor would we be financially willing. All the same I feel it is a big shame if he goes to them. Any thoughts?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5891248,00.html

Sky Sports News understands Middlesbrough's Adam Johnson wants the chance to speak with Manchester City.

Reports on Thursday suggested the Blues had lodged an official bid for the former England U21 international, with Boro boss Gordon Strachan confirming that approaches for the winger had been received.

Johnson has become a much sought-after possession during the January transfer window, following a number of eye-catching displays for Boro this term.

He has been the North East club's star performer this season, in an otherwise disappointing campaign for the Teessiders.

Middlesbrough are, therefore, determined to retain Johnson's services, with Strachan admitting that he remains optimistic regarding the club's chances of keeping the youngster on board until at least the summer.

However, the 22-year-old playmaker may take the decision out of Boro's hands by actively pursuing a switch.

It is understood he has requested an opportunity to speak with Premier League giants City, intrigued as to what the Blues have to say.

Should Johnson decide he wants out, City would have no problem meeting the financial demands of Boro.

LBNo11

...millions of pounds of young talent now crowd the benches of so many top clubs. If they've got them, we can't ever afford them, and so they build the elitist stockpile guaranteeing them continued success...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Brede Butter Pudding

I just don't understand how these young players never realise this? Surely Johnson firstly has the common sense and also love for the game that he won't be won over by the ££££ sings in front of his eyes rather than the oportunity of regular first team football elsewhere? Wasn't it Ian Wright who has been advising Victor Moses on his future, as he feels that the lad wouldn't get first team football there? Surely Johnson can also see that. A complete waste

Crita

Isn't that what happened to Shawn Wright Phillips?

Moved to Chelsea for the big bucks, played about 10 games in 3 years and then moved back to City.

I suppose it depends on what your priorities are...

Brede Butter Pudding

Yeah SWP was bought by Chelsea just so that other teams couldn't get their hands on him. At the time it didn't seem that way but when you think about it what a cruel thing to do to such a gifted player. I remember at the time that I for one thought that that would be the end of his career but it has been resurrected at city. I just hope Roy is allowed to splash a bit of cash from Smalling on some youngsters. What a transfer window we will have had if we can bag Okaka, Moses and Johnson. Unfortunately the only one that will happen is Okaka, and even that is hanging on its hinges. Come on Woy work some magic.

FFCOutpostCommander

I thought we all had agreed to keep Roy away from the Johnsons. The ones we've tried so far should have been great based on prior record but have failed to deliver here at Fulham. Was there ever a Johnson of old who's spirit we could call upon to break this recent curse?
Quietly holding down the fort in Northern NJ, USA

HatterDon

the special one midget says he's going nowhere, and I think that if that's not true, they'll have to replace Johnson AND their gaffer.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel