News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So Semi Final first leg over - what'd you make of that?...

Started by Tktd, April 22, 2010, 09:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

I really wish we had knicked a goal, I assume everyone does, but it now means they have the upper hand.

We have to win in normaly time straight out or win the next game straight out to win, if it's a score draw we would go out! Not good for the nerves.

Tktd

That said, all things considered it was a fine job by the guys tonight! Really did play well.

Baird misses next match and their midfielder Tchowski or however you spell it is out, having him out will do us good I think as he played well tonight!

Brede Butter Pudding

They don't have the upper hand? We are a completely different team at home, and also they have that bloke who got booked suspended so he is a big loss for them, it's all in OUR hands I would say as at home we can beat anyone - we just need to make it a really special atmosphere

Tom

I will take this result all day long! Roy played for the tie and we got it. All we have to do at the Cottage next week is win 1-0 and we are onto the final. I also liked it that Roy pulled Bobby and put in Clint. That ensured that Bobby will be playing at the Cottage next week and Clint looked good when he had the ball. Very nice passing and touch on the ball.  :54:
Fulham for life!

VicHalomsLovechild

Hamburg tried to stretch us across their wide pitch but failed. They now need to cope with  Craven Cottage the pitch and the home support.I'd say it was advantage us Tkld.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: Tktd on April 22, 2010, 09:59:53 PM

but it now means they have the upper hand.

diasagree there matey, you have to score at home to win in Europe that's rule 1) you can't expect to go though if you can't do that,I can see us getting 2 atleast,we need a little luck,ofcourse everybody does,but this could have been soooooooooooo much worse than a nil-nil draw-we are still in this bigtime and we all know what big games at the Cottage can get like...... :59:

White Noise

That was the perfect platform. Gutted for Baird but Simon Davies looked good at RB against Wolfsburg and will allow Dempsey to start.
Anyone know how bad Bobbys achilles is?

Jimpav

Good performance of the back of the journey from he'll but I'm on team lighthouse. Can forsee a 1-1 draw after us bossing the game. Very much squeaky bum time.

Good job though Sir Roy.

Tom

Fulham for life!

LBNo11

...Hamburg will be under the most pressure to succeed, their owner is pushing the manager to achieve further European competition, they have spent enormous amounts on players and wages.

We are only there for the ride, it's great fun, if we had gone out against Basle, no Fulham fan would have been sickened. Our players have gained immensely valuable experience because of our progress so whatever the result we are in a win-win situation.

Of course we will be nervous - if we win, our players will be heroes - but if we lose -  What then?

They will still be heroes. Any Fulham fan who expects that we should win cannot have been a fan for long. Tonights result was a victory to me...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Oakeshott

To my mind Hamburg showed nothing tonight to suggest we can't beat them next week, but that shouldn't stop the boys working on penalties over the next few days!

Shaktar remain the best team we've faced on this European adventure.

mrska

Got to be happy with that. Big Marky showed what a great keeper he was in the 2nd half..  The whole team performed well..  i thought Duff and Davies had good games.. and at long last Murphy looked somewhen near his old self..

It's surely ours to lose now!

CorkedHat

After a long road trip, holding them to a scoreless draw was a sterling effort.
Going into the return leg Fulham will be full of confidence, particularly when you consider our home record.
Believe me, Hamburg will be crapping themselves at the thought of having to score at least one goal at the CC fortress.
I would rather be in Fulham's position than Hamburg's any day of the week
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Jimpav

blingo

Doesnt the fact that we have NEVER lost a European game at CC count? Where on earth are your balls tkd??? We will beat them at the cottage NO PROBLEM. If you dont belive we can do that, what the hell is the point in supporting FFC?
We are at a disadvantage? Who has to score away from home us or them. Sorry but never read such boll ox in my life. We have just had a cracking result to get withing touching distance of a European League Cup FINAL and all you are thinking of is doom and gloom. FFS get behind the team and believe. They have not let us down have they?

Tom

Quote from: blingo on April 22, 2010, 11:35:47 PM
Doesnt the fact that we have NEVER lost a European game at CC count? Where on earth are your balls tkd??? We will beat them at the cottage NO PROBLEM. If you dont belive we can do that, what the hell is the point in supporting FFC?
We are at a disadvantage? Who has to score away from home us or them. Sorry but never read such boll ox in my life. We have just had a cracking result to get withing touching distance of a European League Cup FINAL and all you are thinking of is doom and gloom. FFS get behind the team and believe. They have not let us down have they?
Completely 100% agree with you blingo!  :54:
Fulham for life!

HatterDon

They don't have the upper hand. If we beat them at home, we go through. It's as simple as that. We handled them in their patch; we have the upper hand.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Tom

Quote from: HatterDon on April 23, 2010, 04:47:36 AM
They don't have the upper hand. If we beat them at home, we go through. It's as simple as that. We handled them in their patch; we have the upper hand.
True that Don!
Fulham for life!

MrCheviot

Also worth adding, Fulham are the only away team in UEFA action this week to not lose the away leg.

Have a funny feeling about a 2-1 scoreline at the cottage, hope it's tilted in our favor!
"Zamora!! What About that? We have seen some brilliant football from Shakhtar Donetsk tonight, but nothing.. nothing quite as good as that!"

Rupert

I must confess, whilst I am as cautious as the next Fulham fan of unwarranted optimism (Blingo apart, obviously), I simply can not picture Hamburg fans walking around this morning with big grins on their faces, declaring, "Yes! Now we have them!"

Think of us after the FA Cup 0-0 versus Spuds. Most of us thought that was our best chance gone. Sadly, we were right.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.