News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So Semi Final first leg over - what'd you make of that?...

Started by Tktd, April 22, 2010, 09:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestOfBrede

Thought the boys were excellent again.
I didn't think Hamburg offered as much as others that we have put out and we shouldn't be too concerned about them.
I only wish we had had a bit more of a go at them and tested their keeper - even from distance.
I thought, as the game wore on, that we got better (got forward a bit more) and especially Demps changed it. We need to go at them straight away in the next leg as it would be very difficult if they went ahead.
(Mind you i thought that about Juve!)   

CorkedHat

Quote from: Jimpav on April 22, 2010, 11:26:54 PM
You've reassured me John. Here's to next week.

Jim, Jim, Jim - you've been following Fulham for too long. Things have changed and Fulhamish is out the back door. Have faith and make sure you give them an extra yell nest week for an ageing rocker in the outback. :005: :004:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

epsomraver

It will focus on whether Bobby is fit for the game, How Tom can say he looked OK when he came off? He pulled up a couple of times and was uncomfortable all the match, we need him with his form at present,

Burt

This was a great result.

I can't see how they have the upper hand when they failed to do the business on their own turf.

I had a dream last night that it eventually went to a penalty shoot-out...

Oakeshott

The most important thing is that we go into next Thursday's game with a decent chance, indeed  a favourite's chance, of going through to the final. Image what a disappointment if we'd been beaten badly last night and, but for another "Juve" night, had no realistic chance to progress.

As long as the team gives their all next Thursday - and they surely will - whether we go through to the final or not it has been a great experience and a massive achievement for all concerned. Unlike "bigger" clubs last year, we've taken the competition seriously AND done all right in the Premiership: indeed if we could win our final two home games and finish ninth we have, in practice, done as well as last season for with all the money they've spent Man City and Spurs were always odds on to finish above us this season. But even if we drop a place or two, the way Roy has used the squad - coping with several more serious injuries than last season - has been amazing and if he isn't voted manager of the season there is no justice. (Though of course it will probably go to the blues' manager if as seems likely they win the Premiership, as those that decide these things seem unable to look beyond the traditional "big four".)

White Noise

Quote from: epsomraver on April 23, 2010, 09:58:15 AM
It will focus on whether Bobby is fit for the game, How Tom can say he looked OK when he came off? He pulled up a couple of times and was uncomfortable all the match, we need him with his form at present,

Bobby posted this pic on his Facebook page. This is what met him at the airport on the way home. He will be getting the best medical treatment possible for the next week during which he will be under these two nurses. MAF's orders apparently. They are two of his personal physicians -

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo