more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Happy St Georges Day

Started by White Noise, April 23, 2010, 07:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Has there ever been a happier one?

Outside the station this morning were a number of people dressed like St George collecting for Help For Heroes - helmets, tabards, chain mail and blooming great flags - fantastic.

Proud to be English and proud to be Fulham.

Have a great, great day everyone.

LBNo11

English by birth - Fulham by the grace of god
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

finnster01

Amen to that Mr LB.

Happy St Georges Day everyone. And may God Bless our men and women in uniform. :54: :54:.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

The Equalizer

Happy St George's Day people! I'm delighted at the amount of exposure that this day has seen to honour St George and England already. So many people wearing the St. George Cross, shops displaying it. It makes me proud to be English.

And it helps that the only English army to still be marching over Europe wears black and white...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Chopper

Wearing my England shirt at work though feel like I should be wearing a Fulham one instead.

I'm hoping next Friday could become St. Roy's day ...
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

White Noise

Yes seeing it a lot more this year. Group of guys in the sandwich shop across the way are all in St Georges shirts with matching face paint and I passed a bloke in a suit with a huge St Goerges kipper tie and a very expensively dressed city gent with a nice red rose in his buttonhole.

This is probably my favourite bit of patriotic attire so far today though. This is the girl in the dry cleaning shop across from the station!! -

The Equalizer

Ah, the lovely Zoe from Middlesex. She lives in Teddington you know. I once met her in Natterjacks clothes shop in Kingston... Gorgeous and intelligent to boot!

WN, which sandwich shop is that? Little Dorrit?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

White Noise

Quote from: The Equalizer on April 23, 2010, 11:30:35 AM
Ah, the lovely Zoe from Middlesex. She lives in Teddington you know. I once met her in Natterjacks clothes shop in Kingston... Gorgeous and intelligent to boot!

WN, which sandwich shop is that? Little Dorrit?

Shrigleys as 125 Borough High Street. Nice husband and wife team -

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

It's great that we have reclaimed our Flag from those who used it for "ungentlemanly means" now everyone can be proud and loud without the "Guardian readers" looking down their noses at us.As I'm back North West at the moment I'll be going to a little back street boozer in St Helens who always have a St Georges day party-last year the DJ blew his speakers up playing Land of Hope and Glory the DJ did'nt mind much,he said if your going to go you might as well do it with style :dft003:.
It will cost minimum donation of a £1 to get in and at least £5 fine if you spill a pint, and other fines he won't tell anyone about yet :dft008:,all money going to help for heros'-free bowel of hot pot aswell-I love the north LOL :59:

The Equalizer

I used to eat there when our office was on Newcomen Street. Off to The George in a sec for a pint to celebrate St. George and St. Roy.

ron

Happy St George's Day to all. I've got the George's Cross proudly fluttering on the front of the house.

Chopper

Quote from: White Noise on April 23, 2010, 11:45:42 AM

You work in Borough? I'm extremely jealous, many a great pub walk started from the Market Porter!

Also, Zoe - Bada bing!!!

White Noise

Quote from: Chopper on April 23, 2010, 03:47:46 PM
Quote from: White Noise on April 23, 2010, 11:45:42 AM

You work in Borough? I'm extremely jealous, many a great pub walk started from the Market Porter!

Also, Zoe - Bada bing!!!

God bless The Market Porter. A little beer paradise.

The Equalizer

And God Bless The George - 2 lovely pints of Green King IPA and an Old Speckled Hen in the sun.  Loads of peeps dressed as St George, some chaps with an accordian. What a fine day!

Chopper

Quote from: White Noise on April 23, 2010, 03:57:47 PM

God bless The Market Porter. A little beer paradise.

So many cracking pubs within walking distance too.

VB

Just been sent this....

My ENGLAND.

Little grey old market towns,
Devons Lanes and Sussex Downs,
Cornish Beaches,Lakeland scenes,
Timbered Inns by village greens,
Shropshire hills and Hampshire's trees,
Take the world but leave me these,
Yorkshire heather, Kentish Clay,
Surry's bluebell woods in May,
The England the Young and brave have fought to keep and died to save....

HAPPY ST GEORGE'S DAY
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same