watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What Did You Make Of Hamburg?

Started by White Noise, April 23, 2010, 07:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

How did you think they compared to other sides we have played in Europe this season?

What did you discern their strengths and weaknesses to be?

BestOfBrede

Didn't think they offered as much as others that we have put out but I was a bit nervous of that striker who came on in the second half. I think he will need to be watched but overall I think we are the better team.

WhiteJC

they are a very good team however not as good as Shaktar

they will have a problem at the Cottage, the size of their pitch looked huge I think they won't like the "closed in" feeling of our ground

os5889

Though Van Nistelrooy thrived in the premiership on our smaller pitches, fear the man cometh the day!

AlFayedsChequebook

Suprisingly impotent upfront but their defence looked pretty solid. Boateng looked pretty good although should have been booked.

Hopefully this result will increase the dressing room unrest at HSV and they will be daunted like Juventus at the Cottage in a weeks time. I personally cannot wait!

Lighthouse

They were at home and had tp offer something more. I thought Shaktar and Juventus gave us more problems up front. I thought their defence hardly looked solid on the few trips we made on our sight seeing trips into their area. As we will have to score at least two before they do (because you know they will score early or in the last minute) their defence was nothing to fear.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Yarden

To be honest they look worse than Wolfsburg! We should take them down at the Cottage, but it`s going to be one of those games that is just painfull to watch, I can`t wait for it, but I think those with a heart problem should consider staying away:p

BarneyTravers

Better than us on the night but we defended well

Their fans were great and so were ours (including FOF German member Andreas and three of his top bloke fulham appreciative compatriots who we shared the experience with).

Nick and Rachel from The Vacation Club were a credit to their organisation in what must have been a most testing of weeks.

Fulham for the cup

jarv

same as Wolfsburg. Competent, quite entertaining but predictable.

horse1031

hmmmm, the fella (Pitroipa)on the wings always seemed like a threat and had some good moves and a bit of pace.  His decision making skills were a little lacking but he seemed like someone who we need to watch when they come back to the Cottage.  I thought that Hamburg got a little disorganized a couple of times and I think that will hurt them at the Cottage because we are more clinical there.  Duff and Dempsey should really impose themselves at home and I think that a goal from one of them is a safe bet.  Hangeland and Hughes were unmoved by VNRoy but they did have some decent chances at our goal.  If we can hold them to a 0-0 draw in Hamburg after travelling for 15 hours then we should beat them handily in a weeks time.  The only thing I am scared of is if they score really early and pack it in, that would be tough to break down but make for an entertaining game.  I sometimes also think we shut down too much after we score...  I would like to see us open it up in the second and beat them by 2-3 goals.  Not gonna happen with Hodgson as a coach:)  which is probably why he wins and i am not the coach! :015: