watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Isn't it typical

Started by finnster01, April 23, 2010, 08:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

I know I should be used to this by now, but I am getting annoyed at the BBC.

If you go to their site and check the Football section, the top story is Atletico beating Liverpool at home. Fulham earning a draw away at Hamburg is secondary news.

I always thought that the Beeb was a tad above the rest of them, but sadly I am wrong. We have played more games than any Prem club with a much smaller squad. We went to the quarters in the FA Cup. We kicked out the UEFA cup holders, the grand dame Juventus, the German champions, and just drew away against one of the top 20 richest clubs in the world.

Yet the media in our own country is much more interested in sputtering red scouser team losing news. AND TO TOP IT OFF, IT IS ST GEORGE's DAY AND WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PROUD OF THE ENGLISH TODAY.

BBC you are showing your true colours. An absolute disgrace it is.  :035:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

LRCN

I like the beeb and it's the best broadcaster in the business but I've been well disappointed with the attention they've given us in the europa league. We've never been on the radio commentary unless it doesn't clash with liverpool or everton, which has been once (and that was the second half of the juve win). not good.

ScalleysDad

It would be ever so slightly more bearable if all of the Liverpool love ins actually started with the line, "Liverpool continue to fail at........... " There was even a blog covering their trains, planes and automobile adventure, an inquest into their injury crisis and detail as to how they would have to rest and focus for a game on sunday. Its not just the Beeb.

We could of course have the last word in a couple of weeks............

Jimpav

Too right. The article I read blamed their amammoth journey (which included a flight for the longest stretch).

Have a look at the Evening Standard, it's brimming with Fulham as always - they love us!

The Swan

Spent a day in London (I live in Milton Keynes) and I read the Evening Standard and they did give us a good write up about our great result in Hamburg.
Like all Fulham fans we just hate the way the media give credit to Liverpool for getting beaten
1-0 in Spain and saying it was the long journney that caused it. We had a long journey but we never get any credit for a great performance. We must beat Hamburg at home and hope that Liverpool lose.
The Swan

RidgeRider

They are just doing what any business would do which is pandering to the largest segment of their readers. Let's be honest, Fulham's world is a lot smaller than Liverpool's world. It sucks if your Fulham, but that's reality.

Jimpav

That is sacrilege RR! Sucks to be Fulham? Not under Roys rule!

Pata

Quote from: Jimpav on April 23, 2010, 04:26:03 PM
Too right. The article I read blamed their amammoth journey (which included a flight for the longest stretch).
To be fair to Benitez, he himself actually didn't blame the journey in the post-match interview yesterday when it was suggested to him, despite being clearly gutted about the result.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

Lighthouse

Still thats what Five Live Sports extra is for. So we could listen to extra sport we want to hear. Which is why they broadcast Rugby.

BBC used to be something to be proud off. I am often just embarrassed by them and our other broadcasters now.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jarv

I have never before wanted a Brit team to lose more than this one. C'mon ATHLETICO.  Absolutely do not want to play the useless scousers in the final!