watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Club strategy on the future.

Started by ..Kya.ffc.., January 15, 2013, 09:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

..Kya.ffc..

In the last 6 month there have been so much talk about ambition or lack of it, all based on what you spend on players and some questionmarks about if Al Fayed is "over the hill as an owner" --> I think we are doing excellent with our longterm strategy but on the road to failing shortterm.  
___

Taking in the large picture, then Al Fayed are doing the best thing for the club, but with a few mistakes.

Developing our ground is very wise as it will strengthen the foundation of the club and in the long run a self sustained club will only be as good as the foundation. So if the club's ambition is to bring us closer to a solid top 10 club this is a wise move.

When it comes to player signings, then we are limited as we want to be a self sustained club. And if you want that, you can't go out spending big. Therefor it seems that our longterm strategy is: If you cant buy them when they are quality, then buy them beforehand and make them into quality. I think we as fans should be happy with this, as our clubs youth development program is getting a better and better name  we may see huge benefits from this in the future.

That being said there is a little-->big downside to this strategy as it take a while to take effect. We have been at it for a few years now and we may just first see the real effect of it in yet a few years.

We have been holding back on buying players and those we have got in is either "old", free or perhaps not quality enough with a few exceptions. It more or less seems like the strategy is to just get by until we start seeing the effect of our youth investments.
My only fear is that the clubs management is so caught up in the exciting longterm strategy that they are blinded to short term dangers. This seem to become very dangerous.

Coyw!
Beers may have been involved in this post.

Lighthouse

A fair appraisal. The argument is how much can we ignore today to plan for tomorrow. I will be long gone by the time the present plan comes into effect.  :Get Coat gif:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

grandad

I agree with this thread. However I would like MAF to put up some of next seasons vast TV money now. The future is encouraging but to ensure we have one the present must be secured.
Where there's a will there's a wife

FFCAli

Quote from: grandad on January 15, 2013, 11:50:50 AM
The future is encouraging but to ensure we have one the present must be secured.
:plus one:

SouthfieldWhite

Good post and I agree with most but don't think they are not thinking about the short term.
It's no secret that the club wants to be self sustained ( and we'd struggle with this with only 25,000 fans coming through the gates) and we do want to bring out own youth talents through rather than paying someone millions for theirs

We do as fans seem to be in our own little bubble at times, ok footballs not been great of late, but we do support a unique club who have been punching above our weight for some time now.

I'd still rather be in our position than qpr , villa and quite a few others right now, starting off the season so well hasn't helped our mentality as our expect station did rise quite a bit

Martin Jol does puzzle me at times , but then so did Roy

I have started to get a bit annoyed at how fickle we are, they ones who pay their hard earned cash have every right to voice their approval , I accept that, but sometimes we still have to look at the bigger picture, get rid of Jol now and who do we bring in? They won't have any time to get their own signings in.

I said at the beginning of the season, we can do really well with our best 11 playing each week, but I also felt we had no strength in depth , losing Dembele was a sickener , so I'm prepared to give Jol the transfere window and then a bit more time to see how he manages his best players, personally I don't think we have any more option

Keep the faith, god forbid we could of been QPHaha fans

epsomraver

The trap to fall in with development is clubs like Southampton, leicester etc have got into the big time, built a grandiose stadium and then get relegated and then left with massive debts and masses of empty seats

..Kya.ffc..

It is very true, the fine art of the balancing act and the worst thing that could happen is us going down and dropping it all on the floor! But I feel we are on the right path longterm  - Guess this window will show if we are willing and/or if the board are aware of our shortterm as well. If so we should see at least a starter CM and a cover(future starter) CD coming in.

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on January 15, 2013, 12:48:30 PM
Keep the faith, god forbid we could of been QPHaha fans
082.gif
Beers may have been involved in this post.