watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have you noticed...?

Started by Rupert, April 24, 2010, 07:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rupert

It appears that Liverpool, who trail 1-0, are hot favourites to go through to the Europa League final because they play the deciding leg at home and Anfield is a bit of a fortress for them in Europe.

Fulham, who are currently 0-0 with Hamburg, face a tricky task getting through as we are playing at home and Craven Cottage has seen us beat all European opposition apart from Roma, who drew after we were wrongly reduced to ten men. After all, if Hamburg score one then we have to score two or we go out.

Now, correct me if I am wrong here, but if Atletico score one then Liverpool need three, yes? So doesn't their tie count as "tricky" too?

Discuss...
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Tom

Liverpool is going down, red tw@ts!!!
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: Rupert on April 24, 2010, 07:19:11 AM

Now, correct me if I am wrong here, but if Atletico score one then Liverpool need three, yes? So doesn't their tie count as "tricky" too?

Discuss...
I think Liverpool would have to score three to force extra time right?
Fulham for life!

Rupert

No, if Madrid score then there can not be any extra time. It will only go over 90 minutes if Liverpool are 1-0 up by then. Same as us, any goal by either side will rule out extra time.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Tom

If Atletico have a home and an away goal, Liverpool wouldn't have to score three to send it to extra time?
Fulham for life!

os5889

Quote from: Tom on April 24, 2010, 07:43:49 AM
If Atletico have a home and an away goal, Liverpool wouldn't have to score three to send it to extra time?

Liverpool would have to score 3 to win the tie and progress should athletico score 1 (3-2 agg). If Liverpool scored 2 and Athletico 1 at Anfield, Athletico would progress on the away goals rule (2-2 agg)

Tom

Quote from: os5889 on April 24, 2010, 08:08:37 AM
Quote from: Tom on April 24, 2010, 07:43:49 AM

Liverpool would have to score 3 to win the tie and progress should athletico score 1 (3-2 agg). If Liverpool scored 2 and Athletico 1 at Anfield, Athletico would progress on the away goals rule (2-2 agg)

Thanks os5889.
Fulham for life!

Yarden

And one more fact, we have never lost a Europa cup game at home!

ScalleysDad

If/when Liverpool don't make it to the final what are the chances of it being shown on ESPN as highlights from midnight the day after.

Ye gods the paranoia is setting in................
When we finally nail it, Aaron Hughes header in extra time, they can show it CBBC for all I care. Scalley and her dad will be there in the flesh !!

Lighthouse

Liverpool are a side that, like their opponents. have under achieved massively this season. They should be facing each other in the Champions League final. So reporters are used to being assigned to follow them.

Hamburg are a huge club who are slumming it for a season before they reach the dizzy heights they are used to. Reporters are used to following them.

London is a huge City and have lots of clubs. The oldest one is over doing things now and will face a 1 nil defeat. Brave blah blah blah, great season blah blah. Now lets get back to Liverpool.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

blingo

we will play Athletico in the final. Light head Athletico are not the team they once were, mid table for a few seasons now and have achieved bugger all for ages.