City v Fulham matchday thread

Started by Deanothefulhamfan, January 19, 2013, 03:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexbishop

lovely cross by the Greek and no one trying to get on the end of it
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Jamie88

Passing the ball around well but can't see us scoring a goal even if we played for 300 minutes...

alexbishop

"try to play out of the back and give the ball away" where have we heard that before?
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

leonffc

Let's all blame Schwartzer again.
Our CB's are playing too far apart all season, we are getting carved apart through the centre of the park, the full backs are playing slightly higher , hence the CB positioning, to play more attacking football (although they never cross the ball past the first defender).
The centre midfield is not good or strong enough to protect the CB's, Berbatov unsettled the balance by doing what he wants and who is the main scapegoat this season?
A man, who granted isn't as good as he was 2 years ago but none the less, a man who is getting NO protection and is probably nervous at what the shocking Hangeland is going to do next.
Personally I feel sorry for Mark Schwartzer who made some exceptional saves last week.

Jamie88

wow, a chance. Shame, jussst for a second there I thought Sidders had squeezed it in

grandad

Howard Webb now on QPR payroll. WH should have had a clear pen.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Ordar

We need an out and out striker. This Ruiz/Berbatov partnership isnt threatening. They're too similar players

hongkongfulham

LordNelson

Richardson looking decent at least.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Baider

No pace whatsoever when we break on the counter, berbatov keeps slowing the game down to HIS pace, not the TEAMS pace

SP

Quote from: grandad on January 19, 2013, 03:34:30 PM
Howard Webb now on QPR payroll. WH should have had a clear pen.

I think this will prove to be another good signing for them, Tony Fernandes is really showing his ambition.

:005:

Count Berbatov

Brede always seems to hold the ball one touch too many
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Humbled

Quote from: Baider on January 19, 2013, 03:39:30 PM
No pace whatsoever when we break on the counter, berbatov keeps slowing the game down to HIS pace, not the TEAMS pace

Quote from: Ordar on January 19, 2013, 03:35:08 PM
We need an out and out striker. This Ruiz/Berbatov partnership isnt threatening. They're too similar players

just a shame alot of fans have taken so long to see this and some still cant.... hopefully Jol will accept it and change things. i think he is the type of guy where if his picks arent working he will just keep picking them anyway

Enter the Frei

Quote from: Humbled on January 19, 2013, 03:42:22 PM
Quote from: Baider on January 19, 2013, 03:39:30 PM

Quote from: Ordar on January 19, 2013, 03:35:08 PM

just a shame alot of fans have taken so long to see this and some still cant.... hopefully Jol will accept it and change things. i think he is the type of guy where if his picks arent working he will just keep picking them anyway

It's a partnership that was working very well at the start of the season and they're probably our two most influential players going forward. It's not as if it's an easy decision to leave one of them out, heck if he left Ruiz out 90% of this forum would be dismayed.

alexbishop

2bf if we hadn't conceded early on I'd be happy so far
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

Deanothefulhamfan

Kcat - I am good how are you? Nah no travels, just had loads going on etc...

Leon - Hello mate, how are you? I agree that Hangeland is playing awful at the moment, but as a goalie you should never palm it out infront of your goal, he should have done much better IMO

First half summary, lots of the ball but no chances... Have we had a shot on target? Richardson is playing well finally, as is reither... Hangeland is having a nightmare, we look ok, but ruiz and berba offer us no threat as "strikers"

FC Silver Fox

Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

BestOfBrede

Used rope for sale to any Fulham supporter.
In fact I'll give it away - at least would be 1 less same old message posted!

grandad

Duff not in the game. Kara keeps falling over. Sidwell good, Richardson good. Berba Ruiz not getting it together. Game not over yet.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Jambo

Quote from: leonffc on January 19, 2013, 03:34:10 PM
Let's all blame Schwartzer again.
Our CB's are playing too far apart all season, we are getting carved apart through the centre of the park, the full backs are playing slightly higher , hence the CB positioning, to play more attacking football (although they never cross the ball past the first defender).
The centre midfield is not good or strong enough to protect the CB's, Berbatov unsettled the balance by doing what he wants and who is the main scapegoat this season?
A man, who granted isn't as good as he was 2 years ago but none the less, a man who is getting NO protection and is probably nervous at what the shocking Hangeland is going to do next.
Personally I feel sorry for Mark Schwartzer who made some exceptional saves last week.

Its not a case of that but if he makes a mistake for the goal I will say so.... he did.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/