watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My thoughts on the game after watching it

Started by Tom, April 25, 2010, 11:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Greening and Smalling suck!!! Dempsey and Okaka played well today. Pantsil needs a lot more time on the pitch to get back into form. I really have no idea why man u wants smalling. He is not very good at all! We are stealing 10 million. In no way should we have lost that game. If our regulars had been playing, we win that game going away. Both of Everton's goal were cheap and cheesy! They should not have been given that free kick at the end of the game. If Aaron and Brede are playing in the middle, they don't get that free kick! Great to see Clint rounding back into form and what a great over the top pass from Okaka. Why in the world would Roy put in Stoor for? First of all he isn't any good and second he is leaving the team at the end of the season. Give the playing time to a player that will be on the team next season. What do you think?
Fulham for life!

HammyH3

Quote from: Tom on April 25, 2010, 11:22:52 PM
Greening and Smalling suck!!! Dempsey and Okaka played well today. Pantsil needs a lot more time on the pitch to get back into form. I really have no idea why man u wants smalling. He is not very good at all! We are stealing 10 million. In no way should we have lost that game. If our regulars had been playing, we win that game going away. Both of Everton's goal were cheap and cheesy! They should not have been given that free kick at the end of the game. If Aaron and Brede are playing in the middle, they don't get that free kick! Great to see Clint rounding back into form and what a great over the top pass from Okaka. Why in the world would Roy put in Stoor for? First of all he isn't any good and second he is leaving the team at the end of the season. Give the playing time to a player that will be on the team next season. What do you think?

I think your grammar is shocking.
I think neither Greening or Smalling suck.
I think Man U know what they are doing with regard to Smalling.
I think it was a penalty not a free kick.
I think Pantsil played remarkably well considering it was his first game back after injury.
I think the manager put Stoor on at 88 minutes to use up a bit of playing time.
I think Roy made 8 changes to the team that played last Thursday to rest his first choice players for this week's big game.
I think the team today played very well, but were unlucky, and you are right, Dempsey and Okaka put in good performances.

Lighthouse

Also think Dika had a good game. Thought it was a mistake to bring on Stoor in the last minutes knowing we had no get out for the last 5 minutes and said so at the time. Thought we were unlucky and am sorry not to have been able to see Nevland play more instead of us playing away from home with only one (and sometimes not even that) forward. Today with two upfront it gave as a release until the last five minutes.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tom

Quote from: HammyH3 on April 26, 2010, 01:02:17 AM

I think your grammar is shocking.  Ok, English teacher.
I think neither Greening or Smalling suck. Your wrong!!!
I think Man U know what they are doing with regard to Smalling. Your wrong again!!!
I think it was a penalty not a free kick. Yes, it was a penalty my bad. You got the point.
I think Pantsil played remarkably well considering it was his first game back after injury. Pantsil did not play well.
I think the manager put Stoor on at 88 minutes to use up a bit of playing time. Stoor sucks!
I think Roy made 8 changes to the team that played last Thursday to rest his first choice players for this week's big game. 9 changes.
I think the team today played very well, but were unlucky, and you are right, Dempsey and Okaka put in good performances. The team did play well.
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 26, 2010, 01:34:06 AM
Also think Dika had a good game. Thought it was a mistake to bring on Stoor in the last minutes knowing we had no get out for the last 5 minutes and said so at the time. Thought we were unlucky and am sorry not to have been able to see Nevland play more instead of us playing away from home with only one (and sometimes not even that) forward. Today with two upfront it gave as a release until the last five minutes.
I thought Dika had a decent game. He made some nice passes.
Fulham for life!

michaelread

Quote from: Tom on April 26, 2010, 03:34:26 AM

I think Man U know what they are doing with regard to Smalling. Your wrong again!!!
I think it was a penalty not a free kick. Yes, it was a penalty my bad. You got the point.
I think Pantsil played remarkably well considering it was his first game back after injury. Pantsil did not play well.
I think the manager put Stoor on at 88 minutes to use up a bit of playing time. Stoor sucks!
I think Roy made 8 changes to the team that played last Thursday to rest his first choice players for this week's big game. 9 changes.
I think the team today played very well, but were unlucky, and you are right, Dempsey and Okaka put in good performances. The team did play well.
this better be a bit of a playful argument Tom, otherwise those responses are......sad

Tom

Quote from: michaelread on April 26, 2010, 03:38:08 AM

this better be a bit of a playful argument Tom, otherwise those responses are......sad
Relax michael, im a funny guy and have a good sense of humor. Try laughing in your life.  :011:  I am serious with my Smalling comments though.
Fulham for life!

michaelread

Quote from: Tom on April 26, 2010, 03:41:14 AM

Relax michael, im a funny guy and have a good sense of humor. Try laughing in your life.  :011:  I am serious with my Smalling comments though.
Smalling is young. No premier league center back is that young, and if they are, they lack experience. Without experience you make mistakes. United knew he would get time here this year with our Europa campaign, and he will get time their in the early stages of their Champions league campaign. And he will probably go out on loan, maybe even back to us, when the season starts.

So I think those guys at united, the same ones that spotted all the current world leaders in footballing prowess, know that, by the time smalling hits 27 - 28, he will probably be Englands premier center back. He certainly has all the tools at his disposal.

And I know how to laugh, I just save it for when stuffs actually funny.

Tom

Quote from: michaelread on April 26, 2010, 03:53:21 AM

Relax michael, im a funny guy and have a good sense of humor. Try laughing in your life.  :011:  I am serious with my Smalling comments though.
Smalling is young. No premier league center back is that young, and if they are, they lack experience. Without experience you make mistakes. United knew he would get time here this year with our Europa campaign, and he will get time their in the early stages of their Champions league campaign. And he will probably go out on loan, maybe even back to us, when the season starts.

So I think those guys at united, the same ones that spotted all the current world leaders in footballing prowess, know that, by the time smalling hits 27 - 28, he will probably be Englands premier center back. He certainly has all the tools at his disposal.

All I hear is excuses here for him!
Fulham for life!

Tom

LOL, clever little monkey you are!  :011:
Fulham for life!

michaelread

Quote from: Tom on April 26, 2010, 03:56:22 AM

All I hear is excuses here!

excuses for what? He played poorly but if you expected any more, then you are the one at fault for getting your hopes up.

Tom

Quote from: michaelread on April 26, 2010, 03:59:50 AM

excuses for what? He played poorly but if you expected any more, then you are the one at fault for getting your hopes up.
I don't expect any more out of him is my point. That is why I say he isn't that good and that we are stealing the money for him. Do you not get that?   :002:
Fulham for life!

michaelread

Quote from: Tom on April 26, 2010, 04:02:15 AM

I don't expect any more out of him is my point. That is why I say he isn't that good and that we are stealing the money for him. Do you not get that?   :002:

Yes, but football players are different, especially defenders, in comparison to sports that are all about explosive uses of energy, ie basketball and gridiron.

In these sports, you can hit your peak at 20.

In football, all the best center backs are older and wiser. We may be stealing 10mil now, but had we been able to hold on to him, and more importantly have good management around him, we would have an international quality CB in about 5 years time, maybe earlier.

So its not a steal, really, its some smart work by United, realising that if they throw 10mil at us now, they wont have to throw 20 at us in 5 years time.

Tom

Quote from: michaelread on April 26, 2010, 04:06:21 AM
Quote from: Tom on April 26, 2010, 04:02:15 AM

Yes, but football players are different, especially defenders, in comparison to sports that are all about explosive uses of energy, ie basketball and gridiron.

In football, all the best center backs are older and wiser. We may be stealing 10mil now, but had we been able to hold on to him, and more importantly have good management around him, we would have an international quality CB in about 5 years time, maybe earlier.

So its not a steal, really, its some smart work by United, realising that if they throw 10mil at us now, they wont have to throw 20 at us in 5 years time.
This is true if he develops and it pans out for Man U. But he has a long and I mean long way to go and I just can't see it. I just can't see him being a player of Man U's caliber.
Fulham for life!

Logicalman

I understand the point you (and Tom) are making, but I don't think Fulham is the place the have such a player in the wings for 5 years or so. We all know that sooner or later either Chris will fade out and become totally crap or he'll improve and move on to another team (like United, or Arsenal, etc), and presently Roy could do with dosh in the fighting fund to get players that will fit in the team now. So, all in all, it's a good bit of business, especially as we held onto Brede this season after the Wenger advances, and so Chris wouldn't have got a look in. Now, if Brede was to go next season, then you will have been spot on.

TonyGilroy

I have to say that if Hangeland were to leave this summer I wouldn't regard Smalling, on the evidence I've seen this season, as being an adequate replacement.

He makes too many errors through lack of concentration. The big question for me is whether he'll grow out of those and become a top quality defender or whether he's a Zat Knightalike.

Peabody

Tom, what you do not appear to have grasped is the importance of experience. Chris is young, he is learning his trade, in other words gaining experience. You may turn out to be right in the eventual outcome of Smallings career but I doubt it. After all experience people like Stuart Pearce, Sir Alex Ferguson and our own Roy Hodgson have recognised something in Chris and I think I would take their views on this over yours.

michaelread

Quote from: Logicalman on April 26, 2010, 10:21:59 AM

I understand the point you (and Tom) are making, but I don't think Fulham is the place the have such a player in the wings for 5 years or so. We all know that sooner or later either Chris will fade out and become totally crap or he'll improve and move on to another team (like United, or Arsenal, etc), and presently Roy could do with dosh in the fighting fund to get players that will fit in the team now. So, all in all, it's a good bit of business, especially as we held onto Brede this season after the Wenger advances, and so Chris wouldn't have got a look in. Now, if Brede was to go next season, then you will have been spot on.

no no this point I agree with, this is basically my point, I was just trying to say he doesnt "suck", it is only because of his lack of experience that he is making cock ups. I think he is a wonderful talent who will be a great player in the future, but he isnt yet, not because of any fault of his own, just because he doesnt have the experience.

McBridefan1

I think Pantsil played remarkably well considering it was his first game back after injury.
I think Roy made 8 changes to the team that played last Thursday to rest his first choice players for this week's big game.
I think the team today played very well, but were unlucky, and you are right, Dempsey and Okaka put in good performances.

You are correct, his grammar is shocking... but if we're being didactic then you should have used 'neither Greening NOR Smalling suck... you're welcome. Now, someone please correct my horrible grammar.  :015:

Peabody

Quote from: McBridefan1 on April 26, 2010, 03:24:07 PM

You are correct, his grammar is shocking... but if we're being didactic then you should have used 'neither Greening NOR Smalling suck... you're welcome. Now, someone please correct my horrible grammar.  :015:
Why, has she done something wrong?