News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

John Pantsil Cock-Up Rectified - He's Available For Thursday Folks!!!

Started by White Noise, April 26, 2010, 12:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

With Hamburgs tricky winger due on Thursday (and Baird out) this could be good news (from what I understand)...

Yesterday's game saw John Pantsil come through 90 minutes for the first time since breaking an ankle in December.

His return was a timely boost for Hodgson, who thought that he couldn't restore the defender to his Europa League squad following his injury.

"I was under the impression I'd taken both him and Andy johnson off but I was able to put him back on again," said Hodgson. "I chose Pantsil knowing he would have a better chance of getting fit."

Hamburg made just four changes for their Bundesliga match at Hoffenheim yesterday but slipped to an embarrassing 5-1 defeat.

finnster01

Mr WN,
Can you get that confirmed somewhere? That would be fantastic news
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

os5889

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ordar

Hmm not convinced. I know Kamara isnt on there, but isnt that just a list of players that have played?

Surely there would have been some announcement on the official site.

Would be amazing if he was able to play though. WN, do you have a link to where Roy was quoted as saying it

os5889

cebu

Sorry to rain on everyone's parade, but the website is clearly out of date. It's showing stats from earlier in the season. Look at matches played by individual players, e.g.

Schwarzer - 4
Hughes - 4
Hangeland -4
Pantsil - 4

Could you quote the source for Roy's alleged comments?

White Noise

I got the text from a post by Jim on TIFF who is usually a very straight guy. I have to say I can't find the original source of the quote from Roy but the UEFA website looks up to date to me. You have to read right across to the right hand side where it shows all the games played by each player so Zamora has played 15 of the 17 games this season. Pantsil has not been there since January and has now suddenly reappeared.

timmyg

If you scroll to page 8 of last week's media/press kit for the first leg, Painstil is on the squad list.

So we may see him Thursday.

http://www.uefa.com/printoutfiles/competitions/uefacup/2010/e/e_2000965_pk.pdf
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

bigalffc

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

cebu

Quote from: White Noise on April 26, 2010, 05:58:49 PM
I got the text from a post by Jim on TIFF who is usually a very straight guy. I have to say I can't find the original source of the quote from Roy but the UEFA website looks up to date to me. You have to read right across to the right hand side where it shows all the games played by each player so Zamora has played 15 of the 17 games this season. Pantsil has not been there since January and has now suddenly reappeared.
Ouch, you're right, I misinterpreted it ...

But that's great!!  :045:  :045:  :045:

SuffolkWhite

I hope this is true, Pantsil would be a hell of an addition for Thursday.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

LordNelson

Man, I love Johnny P., but..............................................
Did anyone else think he looked a bit rusty yesterday.  I just didn't see the same Lion from Ghana charging down the field as he did against the team that shall not be mentioned.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

cebu

Quote from: LordNelson on April 26, 2010, 06:37:34 PM
Did anyone else think he looked a bit rusty yesterday.  I just didn't see the same Lion from Ghana charging down the field as he did against the team that shall not be mentioned.
OK, there were a few errors and a certain rustiness on Saturday, but he'll get better each match now, so I think Roy could let him start on Thursday. It would free Duff up to do less defensive work and spend more time helping us score.

Tom

Quote from: LordNelson on April 26, 2010, 06:37:34 PM
I agree, I thought he looked rusty. I said the same thning in another thread as well. It will take him a couple games to get back to normal.
Fulham for life!

Ag

With rust, he's better than Kelly.  I wouldn't mind seeing us start with Davies back there.

Going back to his eligibility, that link from Timmy has 30 players on Hamburg's squad and 28 on ours.  I don't know how much you can infer from that.

Tom

Quote from: Ag on April 26, 2010, 06:54:41 PM
With rust, he's better than Kelly.  I wouldn't mind seeing us start with Davies back there.

True that! Davies has done a good job and I wouldn't mind seeing him back there again.
Fulham for life!

timmyg

Quote from: Ag on April 26, 2010, 06:54:41 PM

Going back to his eligibility, that link from Timmy has 30 players on Hamburg's squad and 28 on ours.  I don't know how much you can infer from that.

It has to do with UEFA's rules and regulations regarding "locally trained" players vis-à-vis "club-trained" players vis-à-vis "association trained" players. I wrote about it way back in September: http://fulham.theoffside.com/team-news/check-the-books.html
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

FulhamGK

Quote from: White Noise on April 26, 2010, 12:03:02 PM
Yesterday's game saw John Pantsil come through 90 minutes for the first time since breaking an ankle in December.

Love the journo's of some of these articles... did he break his ankle before or after he did his knee?  :022:
Don't mess with Texas!