watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Berbatov - were we better without him

Started by DukeTyrion, February 02, 2013, 07:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DukeTyrion

Now, as much as I love watching Berba when he has a good game, today we looked much more of a team without him.

Is it possible that Berbatov stops some of the other players playing to their full potential, or perhaps not allow them to express themselves?

It could be that we would be better resting Berb for the odd game here and there.

Just a thought.

fulhamben

just untill we are mathematically safe, then he can come back. also we would be better if hugo started onthe bench and petric started
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ChesterTheTabby

This has been my theory for a few months now. Love berbatov, but more players mix in the action without him.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

CurryForMario

Quote from: fulhamben on February 02, 2013, 07:39:03 PM
just untill we are mathematically safe, then he can come back. also we would be better if hugo started onthe bench and petric started

I thought Hugo was really great today. Held up the ball well and made some smart passes. I certainly wouldn't drop him after today's performance.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

Enter the Frei

Hugo was top class today.

I think in games like this we shouldn't be starting Ruiz and Berbs, if everyone was fit I would have started Berbs behind Rodallega because what Rodallega does well is putting the opposition defence under pressure high up the pitch. He's a work horse and he's what you need leading the line against a side like United.

Ordar

Why on earth would we drop Rodellega...?? Rediculous comment.

L-Wizzy

Quote from: CurryForMario on February 02, 2013, 07:43:11 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on February 02, 2013, 07:39:03 PM

I thought Hugo was really great today. Held up the ball well and made some smart passes. I certainly wouldn't drop him after today's performance.

yep defo
Twitter: @officialslimwiz

Markffc123

Stupid Comment about rodallega being dropped

personally for me i think hugo rodallega is such a hard worker for the team we need that sort of player-and i think rodallega loves to be the #1 striker -he plays so much better when he thinks he is top man,look at when he played for wigan everything they did come from him

petric for me seems to be a super sub impact player as much as i like him but thats the truth

and i have been saying for months aswell berbatov should be dropped and told to work for his place

Abbotsbury White

It's almost sacrilage to say it but we did look more of a team today,the type that could battle a relegation scrap if needed,not sure if that would be the case with Berba,when we are purring he is the the ecu of the engine making sure all is running right but when things start going pear he just looks an expensive luxury..
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

fulhamben

Quote from: Markffc123 on February 02, 2013, 08:10:55 PM

personally for me i think hugo rodallega is such a hard worker for the team we need that sort of player-and i think rodallega loves to be the #1 striker -he plays so much better when he thinks he is top man,look at when he played for wigan everything they did come from him

petric for me seems to be a super sub impact player as much as i like him but thats the truth

and i have been saying for months aswell berbatov should be dropped and told to work for his place
stupid as in petric scores more goals? and hasnt 2 of hugos 3 goals come from off the bench?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Enter the Frei

Quote from: fulhamben on February 02, 2013, 08:27:23 PM
Quote from: Markffc123 on February 02, 2013, 08:10:55 PM

stupid as in petric scores more goals? and hasnt 2 of hugos 3 goals come from off the bench?

no all of Hugos goals have come in victories when he has started games. Hugo offers much more to the team than Petric does especially in a game like today.

the nutflush

More shots in the first 20 minutes than a month of Berbatov.   I didn't see much angry arm waving and yelling at team mates either.  Enough said.

Fulham_Surrey

this is nonsense... had Berba played tonight, we would have won the game.  But he needs to be motivated properly.

LBNo11

...without using him as the inevitable target man we seemed to have better movement involving all the forwards and some good shots on goal - and some much needed speed.

Great game today, we didn't deserve to lose it, thoroughly proud of most of the players today...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Fulham_Surrey

i dont as evidenced by the West Ham game.   Maybe we can play like that away, but home, Berba needs to play.  We would have won with him today. But this just shows that he is NOT irreplaceable, which will only serve as a motivation to him.  And I dont expect Jol to drop him.

CanadianCottager

Petric is a top impact player but generally doesn't have the legs for 90 minutes. Berba is our best player, when he stays on the centrebacks shoulders and gets himself into the box. When he drops to play the number 10 in he crowds Bryan out and Bryan is much better in that role anyways. We saw today that when a striker properly leads the line it gives Ruiz, Duff and Dejagah a lot of space in behind him to exploit, and its no coincidence that its when those three were on the ball today that Fulham looked at their best. I'd start Berba when he's fit, but he needs to remember that its the number 9 he has on his shirt.

the nutflush

Quote from: Fulham_Surrey on February 02, 2013, 09:13:14 PM
this is nonsense... had Berba played tonight, we would have won the game.  But he needs to be motivated properly.
If Berba played today he would have made the rest of the team walk around with the ball and turn it over more.  Then he would have got pissed off because nobody else was on the same wavelength as him. Then everyone gets too scared to make a mistake and its just poo to watch like vs Wigan.  The rest of the team  just cant play like him.  

Travers Barney

Hugo had his best game in a Fulham shirt this evening against arguably the finest team in the country.

He played well and scored on Wednesday.

Why the heck would you drop him??

Should start at Carrow Road....hopefully with Berbatov.

coyw
We are the whites

Banstead White

Been waiting to add my two bobs worth and here goes.....

1) We looked like a playing unit without Berba today..and pushed forward with more drive than in past weeks. Also it appeared that the morale of the side seemed more together, more committed even.
2) Ruiz cost us again today and its happening far too often, the guy is a liability and needs to be placed on the bench.  Jol must be embarassed at wasting such a sum of the clubs money though is never going to put his hand up.........We played 10 men against manures 11........someone (anyone but Ruiz) may hve made a difference.

R
Roysie